Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#51 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tchoa91
The only solution left I see is thath BV is calculated from the sim itself : think of my babies I had to bring to balcony for them to have the buff. But calculated from what ? How far they can see ? What else ?

It's not based on anything like that. It's far simpler, it's just a bit of code that goes with either the lot or the neighborhood itself. We're waiting until we have a program that can unpack the World data to figure it out.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by neriana
It's not based on anything like that. It's far simpler, it's just a bit of code that goes with either the lot or the neighborhood itself. We're waiting until we have a program that can unpack the World data to figure it out.

I disagree. I'm sure that's part of it but not all. If it was, why do some sims have the moodlet while others don't? I've had twins born on a BV lot and one of them had the moodlet while the other didn't.

Has anyone found a way to alter moodlets yet? That might be a better place to start looking than randomly searching through the world data. If you can find out how the moodlet is calculated, you can probably find where it gets the data from.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 10:15 PM
I made some tests :
Get a sim to a BV lot, it got the buff with delay.
Detroyed the all home in build mod (not in change the city), sim got the buff.
Built a square house no windows, sim got the buff out not in.
Just put a window, any size, to the outside, the sim got the buff in the room the window is.
They must be a calculation for that.

@Thanatozz : I also had twins in the Riverview castel, and as already stated, I had to bring them to the balcony when they were very joung for them to have the buff for a while.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 12:36 PM
there has GOT to be a way to figure this out....

I still see no reason as to why EA hasn't fixed this yet considering how much "community sharing" is touted by then.

Then again, they are the whole problem aren't they lol.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 1:43 PM
@Thanatozz : I also had twins in the Riverview castel, and as already stated, I had to bring them to the balcony when they were very joung for them to have the buff for a while.

Mine sleep in the same room, one of them always has it, while the other never got it, no matter where on the lot they are. A bit like how one person will get a negative exhausted from moving moodlet where the other gets a positive new house moodlet. The main point i tried to make was, it is not just a flag in a lot that determines BV. There's some calculation to it on the sim's side it seems. If this calculation can be found, then it should point to the flag in question.
Instructor
#56 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 3:06 PM Last edited by Digitalchaos : 24th Aug 2009 at 4:27 PM.
Default BuffNames.BeautifulVista & flag values
Sorry for the long post: but I think this might be what people are requesting.
Feel free to disassemble and look for these using .NET Reflector.

Sims3GameplaySystems.dll:
Quote:
Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.BuffBeautifulView

Quote:
public void Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim.CheckForBeautifulVista(bool roomHasOutsideWindow)
{
if (GameStates.IsInWorld())
{
bool flag = false;
if (((this.Autonomy != null) && this.Autonomy.IsRunningHighLODSimulation) && (this.IsOutside || roomHasOutsideWindow))
{
float lotBeautifulVistaBuf = World.GetLotBeautifulVistaBuf(base.mLotCurrent.LotId);
if (lotBeautifulVistaBuf > 0f)
{
this.BuffManager.AddElement(BuffNames.Undefined | BuffNames.BeautifulVista, (int) lotBeautifulVistaBuf, (Origin) (-8359806666160896503L));
flag = true;
}
}
if (!flag)
{
this.BuffManager.RemoveElement(BuffNames.Undefined | BuffNames.BeautifulVista);
}
}
}

SimIFace.dll:
Quote:
public static float Sims3.SimIFace.World.GetLotBeautifulVistaBuf(ulong lotId)
{
if (gWorld != null)
{
return gWorld.GetLotBeautifulVistaBuf(lotId);
}
return 0f;
}

Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.BuffNames (pruned for posting)

Quote:
public enum BuffNames : ulong
{
BeautifullyDecorated = 10086937395328794944L,
BeautifulView = 10086937393821521696L,
BeautifulVista = 10086937394924272160L,
}

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
Site Helper
#57 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 7:36 PM
So, looks like we need to be able to parse the save game to find the value returned by gWorld.GetLotBeautifulVistaBuf(lotId).
Instructor
#58 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 7:48 PM Last edited by Digitalchaos : 24th Aug 2009 at 8:04 PM.
I don't think that value would be of much/any help.
The value is just the "moodValue" (i.e. the degree/level/magnitude of the mood).

What is interesting is this line:
Quote:
this.BuffManager.AddElement(BuffNames.Undefined | BuffNames.BeautifulVista, (int) lotBeautifulVistaBuf, (Origin) (-8359806666160896503L));

Moreover, it will probably need to be done in a core-mod to alter how this buff is handled (but may not be neccessary if someone wanted to create a custom object that adds the buff, when placed, possible by using the following code-snippet [if the code works, as is]).

Could use this to add the buff via a custom object & custom dll:
Adds the BeautifulVistaBuff with moodValue == 0x7fffffff (the max, I think)
Code:
Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.BuffManager.AddElementFromList(BuffNames.Undefined | BuffNames.BeautifulVista);

-or-
Code:
Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.BuffManager.ForceAddBuff(BuffNames.Undefined | BuffNames.BeautifulVista, (Origin) (-8359806666160896503L));

Note: I belive to access the BufferManger it must be called on a sim, not via the one in Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems <== that is the base type and not an instance.

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 10:39 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong in my summary:

* We were all right: that BV buff is both calculated by the sim's position and a code/byte in the lot data.
* When one wipe that kind of lot in "change the city" mode, I guess either a default (no BV) lot is loaded, either the empty lot is built w/o the BV code.
* EA city builders have a kind of "magic wand" to give that code to the lots they want.

So, if we don't want/can change the inner logic of the game, we have to re-build that "magic wand" to give our lots the buff ...
Thanks in advance to the "magic wands" makers !

AND MUCH THANKS TO Digitalchaos for the de-compilation infos
Site Helper
#60 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 11:39 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 24th Aug 2009 at 11:50 PM.
Correct me if I'm wrong in my summary:
* We were all right: that BV buff is both calculated by the sim's position and a code/byte in the lot data.
Correct. This is why I always checked for the presence of the BV by standing the sim outside at the front of the lot.

* When one wipe that kind of lot in "change the city" mode, I guess either a default (no BV) lot is loaded, either the empty lot is built w/o the BV code.
In any case, the BV is lost forever. Basically correct.

* EA city builders have a kind of "magic wand" to give that code to the lots they want.
EA city builders have access to an internal tool which allows them to set the BV, along with placing lots and neighborhood objects. EA originally said that they were going to give us access to a neighborhood editor, but they stopped talking about it and instead seem to be giving us more pre-built neighborhoods.

It's pretty clear that the BV for a lot is stored in the save game, and that we need to find where it is stored before we can hope to change it. Ideally, someone will write a neighborhood editor.

Assuming, of course, that we don't plan to write a core mod to bypass the EA BV logic. Personally, I'd rather see a way to set the flag than to implement our own parallel BV system.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 2:24 AM
Site Helper
#62 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 2:31 AM
TigerM, can you explain your picture? Did you change things via a core mod, or by changing the save game?
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 2:38 AM
Changing the save game.

I was poking around the data for other means and trying to figure out what this value of 30 or 40 or something I occasionally saw was. Then I realized the lots I kept seeing it on were ocean front properties.

There's also a value modifier in there that usually goes along with beautiful vista.

It was pure coincidence that I happened to find it today when this thread was revived and exploded with activity.
Site Helper
#64 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 4:38 AM
So, I assume that you've tried changing it from 0 to non-zero and vice-versa?
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 5:38 AM
Right. It's just a number in there.

I'm working on a tool to make it easy to do right now, hopefully to be uploaded tonight or tomorrow.

Then I'm going to see what happens if I make it negative.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 1:40 PM
Nice progress! I assume the code that destroys BV in the first place is not easily accessible. But a method to get it back will be very nice.

Have you tried adding the buff to a lot that lost it or never had it in the first place?
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 2:14 PM
I bulldozed an entire neighborhood and didn't have a problem with losing BV as far as I could tell. But I only checked one or two lots, and it may have been an empty lot to begin with.

What destroys them? I honestly have no clue WHY they are destroyed. The data is in a place it shouldn't be getting discarded like that. Most the fields in the resource are static fields that the game would break if they changed (I know - I tried changing some of them). Only the lot name/description should be changing in there. So why it gets lost is beyond me.

Anyway, tool to modify the BV setting of a lot is in the upload queue now.
Site Helper
#68 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 7:39 PM
Thank you so much, TigerM! This is a wonderful development.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 10:31 PM
Wow, I am amazed with this news, not surprised that it would happen. You all are smart at getting down to business, but this more soon than I expected. Go team!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 9:43 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=366436

Give it a shot and see what it does to your beautiful vista. Just load up one of your saved neighborhoods and change the number. It starts up on your current households lot, but you can change any lot's view. Sims won't get/lose/update the moodlet until they leave the lot and come back though.

I have absolutely no idea what happens if you modify the BV on a library lot and then place it.
Test Subject
#71 Old 10th May 2010 at 5:30 AM Last edited by Casper2k3 : 10th May 2010 at 5:47 AM.
I moved my sims into a lot that has the beautiful vista buff and i started to change the lot around slowly and i lost the buff so i started to try to get it back and i found that if the room has 5 or more windows i got the beautiful vista buff back and thenn i found that if you cant put 5 windows (cuz i was broke and didnt want to use the cheat :P) that this 1 window called "Ventana Subconsciente" gave it, i put this window (just one) in a very small and narrow hallway and it gave me the buff...i don't know if this will help anybody at all but i tried >_<. Sorry if i didn't help tho

Ok so i just looked at another hallway that i have in (^ the same house as before) my house and it had 5 windows and no beautiful vista buff, so i took out the 5 windows i had in that hallway and put in just 1 of the "Ventana Subconsciente" windows and still got no buff so i added just 1 of the five windows that i had taken out and it only gave me the buff when that window was matching something else in that room >_<. blah! i don't know >_< lol....but i really think that it has to do with the amount of windows/how much things in that room match. I could be wrong tho. >_>
Site Helper
#72 Old 10th May 2010 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Casper2k3
I moved my sims into a lot that has the beautiful vista buff and i started to change the lot around slowly and i lost the buff so i started to try to get it back and i found that if the room has 5 or more windows i got the beautiful vista buff back and thenn i found that if you cant put 5 windows (cuz i was broke and didnt want to use the cheat :P) that this 1 window called "Ventana Subconsciente" gave it, i put this window (just one) in a very small and narrow hallway and it gave me the buff...i don't know if this will help anybody at all but i tried >_<. Sorry if i didn't help tho

Ok so i just looked at another hallway that i have in (^ the same house as before) my house and it had 5 windows and no beautiful vista buff, so i took out the 5 windows i had in that hallway and put in just 1 of the "Ventana Subconsciente" windows and still got no buff so i added just 1 of the five windows that i had taken out and it only gave me the buff when that window was matching something else in that room >_<. blah! i don't know >_< lol....but i really think that it has to do with the amount of windows/how much things in that room match. I could be wrong tho. >_>
I really doubt that you're talking about the "Beautiful Vista". Are you sure that this isn't some other moodlet?
Test Subject
#73 Old 12th May 2010 at 1:42 PM
Originally the Beautiful Vista mood is Set in the Neighborhood Creating, If you work with the Create-a-World tool from sims 3 you will have that option if you add a lot It will say "Beautiful view (1-100)" if you set it to 100 the lot will have the Beautiful Vista mood enabled.
Test Subject
#74 Old 19th May 2010 at 1:42 PM
Well, (I guess) there are two conditions:
1. The lot is by the ocean/beach
2. The lot's got ups and downs. You know, I build hills and ponds in my lot and it's located far from the beach (by the mountain) and it's got beautiful vista. But I have other lots with ponds that just don't have the moodlet. I guess the hill makes differences.
Site Helper
#75 Old 19th May 2010 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smaharani
Well, (I guess) there are two conditions:
1. The lot is by the ocean/beach
2. The lot's got ups and downs. You know, I build hills and ponds in my lot and it's located far from the beach (by the mountain) and it's got beautiful vista. But I have other lots with ponds that just don't have the moodlet. I guess the hill makes differences.
There is only one condition: the beautiful vista value is set. You could easily generate the moodlet on all of your really ugly lots and remove it from all of your ocean / beach / hilly lots.
Page 3 of 4