Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 12:26 AM
I noticed in the intro movie, that the mom in the blue kitchen (the one with the hubby flipping pancakes) is definately preggo, but when it gets to the part of the beach, the old lady is talking to her pretty flat tummy before it switches and zooms in on her mysteriously appearing bumpage.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:45 AM
I discovered that two toddlers, one good and the other evil, makes for some very funny situations. For example, when the good one starts crying, the evil one starts giggling!

Can't wait untill they grow up.
Instructor
#103 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:17 AM
My Genius, Loner, Computer-whiz, Handy, Workaholic rolled a wish to Woo-Hoo.
Test Subject
#104 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 8:29 AM
I noticed many things!

1: You can be arrested while at your work if you are in the criminal career track.

2: in jail, you can make friends.

3: In jail, you can play domino's, yay!

4: If you build a wall to block the repoman from going into your house, he will magically teleport into your house, steal your stuff, and after 5 minutes of stomping his feet, screaming at me, and not knowing where to go, he will teleport into his car and drive off ;P

5: I discovered I have too much free time and need to go outside...
Alchemist
#105 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by snaek
You can by building walls around the pool after the sims jump in.

Thankyou, i dont know why i didnt figure that out xP

I also discovered that using the CFE cheat and dropping the energy works too

Quote: Originally posted by nickdog670
I noticed many things!

1: You can be arrested while at your work if you are in the criminal career track.

4: If you build a wall to block the repoman from going into your house, he will magically teleport into your house, steal your stuff, and after 5 minutes of stomping his feet, screaming at me, and not knowing where to go, he will teleport into his car and drive off ;P

And LOL.. i didn't even realize you could go to jail, let alone play domino while in there but how could we go outside when we can play the sims all day

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:03 PM
That whilst my adult sim was taking a bubble bath, she suddenly disappeared under the water, and just as I was going wtf? she re-emerged giggling.
Test Subject
#107 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 4:30 PM
I discovered that The Sims 3 can crash while saving the game, corrupting the save file! Great job, EA!

Quote: Originally posted by nickdog670
I noticed many things!

I think Criminal sims should be able to fight off the repoman.
Inventor
#108 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 4:33 PM
This is probably something that only I just realised, but I was pleased to see that in the CAS screens there is an option to play with combined genetics of a male and female sim, I have been playing this game for a few weeks and only just found this. :-P

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 4:54 PM
I noticed last night that my sim was shooed out of neighbours house but they kept inviting him back inside even when he was in own house & down a community lot.. Is some kind of bug
Field Researcher
#110 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:16 PM
I found out last night that while swimming in the pool, my sims will play "Who can hold their breath the longest" game with other sims, and will sit on the bottom of the pool.
Test Subject
#111 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:46 PM
Default wondering baby
I discovered today that babys wonder the streets on there own, i have no idea where this baby was going , i had my camera follow it for 4 blocks it stoped now and then to sit and have a cry then off it would go again lol.

mm maybee i should have had my sim pick it up to see if i could keep it lol, i was on my Vagabond challenge sim at the time though. i can hardly keep her alive let alone a baby
Instructor
#112 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:52 PM
The Goth house was empty (they all died or moved out) and I made a new family to live in there. Husband, wife and daughter- I went to the house on my playable family and the wife was crying and had the heart broken above her head. I read the newspaper on another sim at my sim's home and found out her husband died in a fire.

I had just moved them into that house, not 2 sim days later the husband burns up. Wow talk about a change.
Test Subject
#113 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 7:24 PM
Yesterday, I discovered that after my Evil & rather Unlucky sim 'perished' in a fire, the grim reaper decided to grant her back her life...This happened three times in a row. Maybe my unlucky sim wasn't so unlucky after all.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:07 PM
To my knowledge, unlucky sims can only die of old age, because the grim reaper takes pity on them. Always.

Which is good, makes the unlucky trait a little less useless. Which, btw, could be a good excuse to make this post slightly more on topic:

I found the game has only about 10 to 15 useful traits that you will want to have. All the others are useless.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by roxxy
This is probably something that only I just realised, but I was pleased to see that in the CAS screens there is an option to play with combined genetics of a male and female sim, I have been playing this game for a few weeks and only just found this. :-P

Not to pick on you, but incase you didn't know you could do that in Sims 2 aswell :P
Inventor
#116 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darim
Not to pick on you, but incase you didn't know you could do that in Sims 2 aswell :P

Hey Darim, thankfully I did know that in Sims2, but with the new layout in Sims3 it was not that obvious to me. Yeah, pretty slow on the uptake on that one.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Test Subject
#117 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morbus
To my knowledge, unlucky sims can only die of old age, because the grim reaper takes pity on them. Always.

Which is good, makes the unlucky trait a little less useless. Which, btw, could be a good excuse to make this post slightly more on topic:

I found the game has only about 10 to 15 useful traits that you will want to have. All the others are useless.

Many of them are useless (or worse than useless) because they're inflicted as punishments on juvenile Sims that fail in school.
Scholar
#118 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 2:51 AM
The good thing is, you can easily change them using testingcheats

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 3:18 AM
I found that my game always stuters at 1am through to 2am then carries on as normal... has this happended to anyone else..
Instructor
#120 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by liverbird
I found that my game always stuters at 1am through to 2am then carries on as normal... has this happended to anyone else..

That's when story mode runs it's random number generator to screw your town.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 3:49 AM
I discovered that even if you eat ambrosia your sim will sometimes decide to age up anyway! Seriously, sim ate ambrosia, life bar reset, said it had 28 days and Poof! my young adult turned into mature adult anyway.
Test Subject
#122 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 5:10 AM
When left unattended sims in the music career advance really quickly. I returned to the Flight of the Conchords to find that they were level 8 and 9. I only played them a few hours and went back to my current family. One of them was at level 1 when I left and in those few hours he got to level 5.
Field Researcher
#123 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:11 AM
i discovered that mortimer was actually kind of a cutie as a young guy.
also, there are some people who will watch my guitar-expert sim play music in the park for hours until they pass out, but still won't tip him.
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGirlTasia232
I discovered that what they watch on tv is TS2... i had no idea until i looked at it lol

I know that's kind of lame

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Inventor
#125 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffyandthewall
i discovered that mortimer was actually kind of a cutie as a young guy.

I've been knowing that, since he was a cutie when a kid. That dark hair had me waiting for him to grow up so I could pair him with one of my sims and I finally did. I'm partial to dark-haired guys.
Page 5 of 490