Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 7:39 PM
here is a list of most the NPCs: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_NPC_Sims

hopefully this will help us determine whose safe and whose not.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 7:47 PM
I don't see that list helping. It barely scratches the surface of NPCs available in the full game.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 7:49 PM
oooops!

ok so i am now going to test one of the coaches, dont worry because i made a backup just wish me luck!
Scholar
#54 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
You WANT them to randomly show up at almost every house (families with kids are usually the victims), walking in, never bothering to knock and if you've cut a family off from their neighbours (say by using fences and locked gates) standing looking at the house for sim-hours on end?? You'll get very tired of it VERY quickly, trust me!

Rather you than me... I've been there and it's actually rather creepy! I ended up deliberately killing a former mascot off just so I was rid of him...

I already have a former bartender that invites herself into houses (and she's grouchy enough to pick fights with the homeowners if she's not already friends with them), so that sort of behavior isn't new to me

Brittany Curious -- the bartender in question -- is actually pretty endearing in her own way. Her favorite time to invade houses is during birthday parties because she loves cake. She usually shows up early in the day when a relative or a friend's child is due to age up and sticks around until caketime.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 9:56 PM
I married in a drama professor once. You can probably guess how that went. NEVER AGAIN. They get "furious" at anyone who does any romantic interactions in front of them, they randomly try to make out with your friends, and since they have ten outgoing points, they kick over your trash can and then LET THEMSELVES INTO THE HOUSE. D:

I also have a Sim who got the NPC chef from a Downtown community lot as a date. I think I might marry him in to test whether he brings any corruption, since I don't really care for the neighborhood.
Site Helper
#56 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 10:23 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 15th Feb 2013 at 8:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
here is a list of most the NPCs: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_NPC_Sims

hopefully this will help us determine whose safe and whose not.
Given that it only lists 4 types (Babysitters, Butlers, Carpool drivers, Exterminators), and given that babysitters don't exist in Sims 2, it's not very useful. My original list from MATY is more complete. Here's an update to that list:

Not safe because these are not real Sims, but are pulled from objects.package:
Shrink, Grim Reaper, Hula Zombie, Pollination Technician, Remote Control Car, Mrs. Crumplebottom, OFB driving robots, OFB flying robots, Birds, Perfect Plant Sim, Santa Claus, Father Time, Toddler New Year, Therapist, Unsavory Charlatan, Wise Old Man, Witch Doctor (Shaman), the Ghost Captain on the pirate ship, and the Human Statue, Genie.

Definitely not safe because of incomplete Sim files:
Drivers (taxi, limo, school bus, carpool, ...), repomen, social workers, social bunnies, Boss (person that you call-in-sick to, but get the phonehack to prevent these from ever being made)

Believed to be unsafe (can anyone provide references or evidence?):
Tour guides

Irritating hardcoded behaviour, but otherwise probably safe:
Drama profs (flirt), nannies (insane), gypsies (spit-polish), diva/mr.big (primp), slob (belch/fart)

Irritating hardcoded outfits, but otherwise probably safe:
cheerleaders, llamas, cows, streakers

Known to be safe:
Bigfoot, maids

Believed to be safe (can anyone provide references or evidence?):
Professors

Nothing known at this time:
Coaches (are they the same as Professors?), chefs, fire dancers, breakdancers, massage therapists, hotel staff, hobby lot mavens, landlords/ladies, grand witches, butlers, exterminators, Pizza/Chinese food deliverers, mail carriers, paper deliverers, baristas, bartenders (there seem to be two different kinds, one from University), DJs, police officers, fire fighters.

Here is the list of NPC IDs and NPC Types from the game using SimPE. I've also included the Sim IDs for sims in the objects.package. I suppose that I should correlate this list with the lists above at some point, but for now I just wanted to list these somewhere:

Except for Bigfoot, none of the objects should be playable. I suspect that Bigfoot is cloned if he moves in with a family. Can anyone confirm this by checking the Sim ID on their live-in Bigfoot?
Mad Poster
#57 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 10:47 PM
Thought of a few more:

The Genie (not safe!)

Pizza/Chinese food deliverers, mail carriers, paper deliverers, baristas, bartenders, DJs... and another that just left my brain. Anyway, I think these have long been established as being safe, but it seems like they should be on the list anyway.

I don't have the skills to declare this to be true, but I've always thought Professors were safe. I know some skilled players who've used them in Legacies and never reported problems. On the other end of things, I recall seeing strong cautions against making Tour Guides playable. I think they belong in the "not safe" category, especially considering that one would have to use cheats to force it as with the other not safe NPCs already listed as such.

Ah, more... policemen and firemen?
Site Helper
#58 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 10:56 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 3rd Dec 2011 at 11:17 PM.
OK, I've added them to my previous post. For the moment, I'd prefer to keep the list in that one post.

[Update:]

I added list of the NPCTypes and SimIDs from the objects.package to my previous post, as well. I assume that we now have a working list of all suspect sims.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 11:17 PM
Totally! Very frustrating to have to look in multiple posts for good, comprehensive information.
Site Helper
#60 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 11:20 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 3rd Dec 2011 at 11:32 PM.
Can anyone provide a method for checking whether a sim has complete or incomplete user data?

Are there any known corruption problems, other than 1) Sim is an object or 2) Sim has incomplete user data. The problems with behavior and clothing do not seem serious.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 12:01 AM
Once I had Sandra Roth more or less date a cow mascot...she had a crush on him and everything, and I was considering that they might have a future together.

Then he flirted with another guy.

She wound up marrying Leod McGreggor.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 12:27 AM
I prefer to keep relationships to the PC's I created. I started with 16 families. I expect they will end all being related by marriage, eventually.

I plan to create new sims, as needed, from time to time.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Mad Poster
#63 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 3:43 AM
Got another to add, Mootilda. Pet trainers. (I'm kind of in awe over how many "supporting players" the game includes!)

Also, I think the categories of "Irritating hardcoded behaviour" and "Irritating hardcoded outfits" need combining due to the fact that some NPCs, like mascots, cheerleaders, and streakers, belong in both categories, and because both categories are for sims who're deemed "but otherwise probably safe". So perhaps "Irritating hardcoded behaviours and/or outfits, but otherwise probably safe"?
Scholar
#64 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 7:39 AM Last edited by sweetbaby160 : 4th Dec 2011 at 12:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
No, you can't marry Grim. But it is safe to use Insim to have his baby.

is it really?? I've got a Black Widow myself, her two kids are both Grim's, but I've read in more than a couple of threads lately that it's a crap shoot, can be 'okay' but can totally bork your game as well I really like the neighborhood she's in & didn't know enough to back it up BEFORE she got preggers...

Quote: Originally posted by Darby
"Irritating hardcoded behaviour" and "Irritating hardcoded outfits"

I have to ask...what are the odds of the 'irritating behaviour' being continued once aged to adult? I just recently had a cheerleader graduate with her future spouse. When she first joined the Greek house I did make a point of playing around with her personality a little, she was really rude, but she was the first girl Alex looked twice at, kept rolling wants to date her, kiss her etc.

Something else I did notice thou, why does the cheerleader outfit keep changing colour? Prior to her becoming a household member, her outfit was blue, she went to bed & after her morning shower it was black? Upon occassion, when she would visit a community lot (mostly hobby) it would revert back to blue, but coming home would be black. It was weird lol, & now the other cheerleaders & llama mascot all have the black uniforms...
Forum Resident
#65 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 12:37 PM
I can only say this is my personal experience, but:

Professors -- appear to be fine. I've had sims flirt/date professors with no issues, although I've never moved/married one in.

Streakers -- possibly iffy. I've married one in, and their character file got shredded/corrupted soon after they were made playable.

Landlords/ladies -- possibly iffy. Like the streaker, I've only married one in and their character file got shredded/corrupted soon after they were made playable.

Hotel staff -- I once had the sim at the check-in desk given as a top match for a sim, but any attempts at interaction with him just gave errors.

Hobby lot mavens -- appears to be safe, no issues from what I recall.

Pet Delivery sim (is that the same as the police officer?) -- appears to be safe. Married in to a family with no issues.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Field Researcher
#66 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 2:19 PM
Mrs. C can't be married because she isn't a real Sim. She's a sort of mobile object. That's why you need Pescado's NL creature fix which will keep vampires from biting her. Turning her into a vampire will really mess up your game.

I'm really surprised anyone was able to marry a Social worker, if one of them gets teleported to my lots the buy, build and save options all get greyed out. You're not supposed to be able to to interact with them, or the drivers, or the repo men.

I've had Sims marry cheerleaders and mascots. The only problems I've had are that they always show up at other Sims houses or on community lots in their old cheerleader or mascot outfits.

The Guide says coaches are OK to marry, but I'll bet they continue making non-fit Sims exercise whenever they see them.
Test Subject
#67 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 3:03 PM
Don't know if they've been mentioned yet, but Ninjas, Wise Old Man and Hula Zombies are not safe to mess around with.

We can talk about the streetlights.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 3:25 PM
As far as the university cheerleaders/Llama's go Squinge has a hack so that they don't show up on other lots dressed as a llama once they become playable adults

http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...6&topic=10546.0

it also seems to stop the annoying behavior as adults, but not on the university lots.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katya_stevens
Pet Delivery sim (is that the same as the police officer?) --

Not pet delivery sim, pet trainer. She (I think it's always a "she") is a service sim your sims can call over to train their pets in job skills for them.

Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
I have to ask...what are the odds of the 'irritating behaviour' being continued once aged to adult?

High. That's the point of the category, to list hard-coded behaviours that carry over and continue even after they've been made playable. Examples: Cheerleaders and mascots will appear on community lots in the Llama Mascot uniform, even after a wardrobe change on the home lot. Mr. Big and The Diva will continue being prone to Primp a lot. Drama Professors will continue to fall in love with everyone they meet (I think), and try to engage in inappropriate romantic interactions with everyone.

Not sure if it's true, but I got the impression from somewhere that playable former Streakers will continue to Streak randomly. That's the "irritating hard-coded behaviour" I've always wanted most to see! But I'm not encouraged by katya's bad experience with a shredded Streaker character file.

One reason I can see that Streakers might not be safe is that they're actually adults - not modified YA dormies like one might think. That puts them pretty close to "special" NPC, I fear, because adults don't normally live at Uni. But then, the cafeteria cooks are elders, and the kidnapping SS cops are adults too, so... ?

Lerf, the Social Worker is on Mootilda's master list above under "not safe". My personal rule of thumb has always been that ANY sim that can't be made playable without cheats should not be forced to be made playable. That knocks out any NPC that lacks the normal interactions, like the Social Worker.

I think Headmasters are safe. Sims can build relationships with them as with most other sims.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 6:29 PM
Not pet delivery sim, pet trainer. She (I think it's always a "she") is a service sim your sims can call over to train their pets in job skills for them.

I've never used the pet trainer, so I'm not sure if it's the same sim, but I was talking about the person who picks up/drops off pets for adoption when you do it via the phone. They're in a police uniform, pick up/drop off the cats/dogs in a police car.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Mad Poster
#71 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 6:35 PM
The police officers who drop off newly-adopted pets are the same as those who respond to burglary calls. Pretty sure they're the same ones who abduct sims for the SS, for that matter.

Pet trainers are indeed different. They're not in police uniforms, and I think she's an elder. Been awhile since I used one, so I'm not sure about that last bit, but she's definitely not a police officer.
Site Helper
#72 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 3:22 AM
Along with the name of the NPC / service sim and any aliases (for example, Psychiatrist / Shrink), it would be helpful to have their NPC ID and / or their Sim ID. Both of these can be found in the Sim Description (SDSC) in SimPE.
Got another to add, Mootilda. Pet trainers. (I'm kind of in awe over how many "supporting players" the game includes!)
I believe that I already have that one listed as "Obedience Trainer".

If I remember correctly, I got the NPC descriptions from the game installation files; basically, these are the names used by the programmers to refer to the various types of sims. I'm sure that there are multiple alias, both because there's a difference between how the NPC is referred to internally and externally, and because the names may vary based on country / language.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I believe that I already have that one listed as "Obedience Trainer".

Ooops, my bad. I just went with the first term that came to mind, and didn't think to consider that it might not be how they're referred to by the game.

Yeah, list of aliases = good idea.
Site Helper
#74 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 4:22 AM
Perhaps I should create multiple lines per NPC Type, one per alias. That should make it easier to find the NPC that you're interested in.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 4:29 AM
That might be a little cumbersome, visually. I don't have an alternative thought, though, except a Therapist/Shrink/Psychiatrist sort of notation, which is also rather cumbersome. Six in one, half a dozen in another.
Page 3 of 18