Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XaldiN-76
Hey Guys did You Stopped Working On This Or What?? I Really Still Want Custom Tv Channels..Not After All That Work >_<

I hope not! Please say it isn't so!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 10:13 PM
Man, I've mailed VAG, ARR ([email protected]) Asking him if he can make or give any info about converting .avi to .video but...no respond of course ....anyway i got that email from that bat when converting .video to .avi, A screenshot attached
Screenshots
Test Subject
#53 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 2:35 AM
I'm still hoping someone comes up with a way to do this... i have no ideas, but hopefully somone smarter than i will come up with one... and if you do, please put out a text file with the instructions or something...
Test Subject
#54 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 6:53 AM Last edited by Xane123 : 9th Nov 2009 at 10:10 PM.
So obvious!
Quote: Originally posted by XaldiN-76
Man, I've mailed VAG, ARR ([email protected]) Asking him if he can make or give any info about converting .avi to .video but...no respond of course ....anyway i got that email from that bat when converting .video to .avi, A screenshot attached

I hope that that E-Mail still exists... Sometimes, the program was created at a time where the E-Mail did exist.

EDIT: Is this topic dead? Oh, if only Sims 3 was like Sims 2!
If you do get a reply, then maybe that might be our final step to getting custom videos in Sims 3. I think we might need the source code for it to reverse its effect and then get 'em in! I cannot believe that the E-Mail and creator's name were written right before my eyes... How did I not see the stuff I was asking of you all before? Nice one, XaldiN-76. Hopefully, the creator will reply...

Visit my website: Xane.com, please! This is Xane123, signing off!
Mad Poster
#55 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 11:50 AM
I have a custom vid running on the in-game TV. It can be found here: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=858.0 I haven't found an audio codec which works yet, so I've used this vid which is from a silent movie taken many years ago, the falling of the Narrows Bridge in Tacoma, Washington.

The vid is made with VirtualDub, VP6 video codec, saved as an .avi. Then imported into S3PE to override the Sims3TV_History _VID resource in the Fullbuild1.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Scholar
#56 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 11:43 PM
Great work, Shimrod! I hope someone figures out the audio format eventually
Test Subject
#57 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 9:08 PM
Seems like we are all on the right track here... I hope VERY soon we can add our own custom tv...

I'm personally trying to add in a "Adult's Only" network. I've had the game recognize the channel, but with no video or audio. Once i tell it to change to that channel, the game crashed.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 1:16 PM Last edited by Odistant : 29th Nov 2009 at 2:54 PM.
Hi guys.

Back from a long time. Just finished up reading how far you guys have gotten on this.

Question, did you guys figure out how to fix it so the Gamplay/*** stuff does not show up anymore? If not, it may be possible to create a new STBL file and place it in with the package and then adding in the FNV64 Hash of that to what you want it to say.

Though, I'm not sure if this is still the case, since I skipped over the second page >.<

Edit: Shimrod, their is a way to fix it so it DOES NOT override the history channel. Just simply add on to the name of the channel. I'm trying to see if getting a new HASH will prevent it from overwritting, just the channel, though I'm not too sure how it will turn out.

Another Edit: I have found out that the BW contains Audio AND the Video. Ex. Sims3TV_Cooking.video just contains the audio while Sims3TV_CookingBW.video contains the Video AND Audio. Hopefully using this method we will very soon be able to create videos witch I'm trying to do right now.

Another Edit: I'm having trouble converting from VirtualDub. The VP6 Codec is not showing when I go to compress the video . I installed the VP6 Codec too and everything. Until I can convert to .video, I'm no more help :S
Test Subject
Original Poster
#59 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 3:09 AM
Glad to see that you are all still working on this! I hope we figure it out soon!
Test Subject
#60 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 4:58 PM Last edited by crappyone : 30th Dec 2009 at 5:11 PM.
I have a problem with this.
I've tried inserting a video to check to see if I could get this to work and I try to save the package, but I keep running out of room on my C: drive (Sims is on different drive).
I had almost 4 GB of free space last time I looked, now after trying this I only have 228MB's.
Where is it temporarily putting these files on my C: drive? I checked my simspe folder. but it's barely 1MB.

*edit* NVM. I had to view hidden folders and delete my temp files in Local Settings.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 11:03 PM
Are there a way to do this on Mac?
Test Subject
#62 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 9:16 AM
I was successed in creat a Custom movie replace a channel in game , the sound is good but the video is having a less problem .. it play not ready good .. have some lag lag .. !! here some ss ( Ice Age 3 )

sorry about Eng
Test Subject
#63 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 2:14 AM
Custom TV channel with sound ( Open Halls of History to see)

Test Subject
#64 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 2:47 PM
I was maked a new Channel but in game the name of new channel is show with form " ****Gameplay/Excel/TV/TVchannel:abc**** " (abc is name my channel ) .. it was showed not right please help me !!
Mad Poster
#65 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 10:57 PM
The video is excellent, job well done! If there is some lag, it's no more than if it were running at 20 fps instead of 24. It runs completely smooth in my game.

How did you do the audio? Which audio codec have you used? I still haven't gotten audio to work. Did you use an .avi or have you made this .video people have mentioned?

The ***Gameplay... weird name you have to fix with a STBL editor, making a STBL file that goes together with your TV XML where you've created new channels. I've never used the STBL editors so don't know how to do it exactly.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#66 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 1:00 PM
what !!!! thats it this is the last page!!! comn you guys my heart was just pounding through out this while session, now im left sitting here sweating! cuz you all gave up!!!! coommmnn!!!! some of us need help with this really would love to watch some custom vidz and this page just ends................ please dont give upppp NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vinnyerd
what !!!! thats it this is the last page!!! comn you guys my heart was just pounding through out this while session, now im left sitting here sweating! cuz you all gave up!!!! coommmnn!!!! some of us need help with this really would love to watch some custom vidz and this page just ends................ please dont give upppp NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing to work on. ploc_spy005 has figured it out. If he will share with us how to do it, then I will make a tutorial so anyone can do this (with all credit to him of course).
Test Subject
#68 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 11:11 PM
The Electronic Arts Formats page on The Multimedia Wiki has some promising leads.

I will need to study Ploc_spy005's package (and the videos in base game packages) in more depth, but XA ADPCM looks a prime suspect for an audio codec.

Right now though I'm going to bed.
Test Subject
#69 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 11:13 PM
someone just help ploc so we can get this going and get new videos with sound!
Test Subject
#70 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 1:57 AM
hey zup ppl! i read the whole thread of the topic and I can see you are working hard on this! cheers keep it up!
When I had sims 2 my sim always played in his "game simulator" console my fav game: gears of war. So I recorded a gameplay video and then just copy into some folder into the game directory cant remember the name now I can see that is harder than it was on ts2
Im not very into changing the tv channels if you can well thats nice np but I would like to ask you guys if can you figure it out how to just replace the damn default video with one of my own?... the gears of war gameplay of course

thaks folks

Willmer
Test Subject
Original Poster
#71 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 7:39 PM
Wow, I'm glad we've gotten so far! Any tutorials on this yet? I am utterly in the dark when it comes to how the game itself works, and I know a lot of people out there are, too.

I would greatly appreciate an in-depth tutorial on how to do this, what video/audio formats we need, and how to change the channel name so that it isn't what was described above (how to use the STBL Editor to change this).

Man, am I glad I started this thread. Looks like I'm not the only one who was hoping to do this! Granted, it's just a minor bell and whistle, but it's still really cool nonetheless to allow your Sim kids to watch the cartoons we grew up with.
Test Subject
#72 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 11:42 PM
I'm still having issues with this, has anyone found any good tutorials...or figured out if it's even possible? xD
Mad Poster
#73 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wbarahona
Im not very into changing the tv channels if you can well thats nice np but I would like to ask you guys if can you figure it out how to just replace the damn default video with one of my own?... the gears of war gameplay of course Willmer

Start up S3PE and open the FullBuild1. This is in Sims3 installation folder, not WA. GameData\ Shared\ Packages is where it's located. Sort this alphabetically and scroll down to Sims3TV***. These are the vid files on the TV. The last three are Sims3VG_burnout, football, skate. These are the 3 video gaming vids which play on both the TV and computer.

Choose the vid you want to replace and write down on paper the Instance ID number for this vid, the 0x16numbers. Close the Fullbuild1 and open a new package. Use Resource-> Import-> Import from file, and browse in the dialog box to the file you want which is hopefully an .avi, lol. If other containers work or not I really don't know.

When you import this file into your new .package, the small box pops up. On the top number use the arrow and select _VID and # is BCC1blah. All you need is to choose _VID, it gives you the number. The second number leave at zeros. The third is the number you wrote down which you type in here. Leave EPFlags on zeros. Put check mark on Compress and Use Resource Name; the other things are irrelevant since you only have one resource in this mod. The name which has popped up there doesn't matter as far as the mod working or not. Your new vid in this mod is identified ONLY by the Instance ID number.

Now use Save As so you can select your name for the .package file. Close and shut down S3PE and move this mod into your Mods\ Packages.

Concerning your vid file: If this is made with a video codec other than vp6, it won't work, game crashes. I've tried vp7 (newer vp6) and one other (don't remember what it was). Game crashes when loading but IIRC this is when I hit the arrow to load my save game. CTD is clean and quick, nothing to worry about.

If game loads fine, your sim starts the video gaming, first of the three vids ends (if it's one of the remaining default vids), and then the TV screen or computer screen is black, there is no sound: this is your vid. Your sim is still playing the game it appears, making all the noise while playing. What this means is the audio codec is wrong and won't play, so the video won't show either, therefore the black screen.

In the first example, game crashes. You need to remake your vid in VirtualDub or whatever you use, choosing the vp6 video codec. If your source vid is a widescreen, something like 340x192 will fit the TV, but this is only approximate. I don't have a one-size-fits-all resolution yet. 200 or 190 is around the correct height.

If your vid appears to be running with the black TV screen so the audio codec is wrong: Remake this vid and select No Audio, making it a silent vid, and try this in the game. Then you start your search for an audio codec, just like me! Lol!

Test Subject
#74 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 7:48 AM
This will be so cool when its finally finished!!! I hope theres just some simple tool where u put in a video and export it straight to the game. lol. Wishful thinking. But yeah, I'm just eager to put in custom videos. I don't even need the sound. Have we figured out how to do this? Is there a tut or anything? Just curious.

Don't compare yourself to me... You'll make yourself feel bad...
Test Subject
#75 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 9:35 AM
Please is there anyone who can help me??
If no at least let me Know.
Page 3 of 9