Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hollysims7
If you have the SAU hair file...remove from your game. I took out my Peggy hair too because it showed up on the Indie compatability program. I searched all over and finally last night found this http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=356709 I did as Mangaroon said and game has been playing fine. Sucks to loose the hair, but sure beats the game crashing every 3 "sim hours"

I do use peggys hair but only recently (the game crashed before I even install it and when I remove all mods) I do not see how hairs can cause the game to exit on it's own, if it was a corrupt hair, the game would crash as soon as the Sims tried to load the hair into memory, and not randomly like it is now.

Thanks
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gohan2091
Charisa1114, the people at EA probably have a huge FAQ to look at. Someone asks a question and EA goes through their various tick boxes until they reach what the FAQ lists as a solution. What they do then is copy and paste to the customer... most gaming support is a joke, with staff not knowing what they are doing.

Canoodle, thanks for the 2 links but they did not help at all

Yeah I told them about the DXDiag thing and even attached a picture so they could see that it is not there. They replied and told me to do the exact same thing they told me the last time. I wrote back and asked them if they even bother to read the post, or if they just send out an auto reply. I haven't heard back yet lol

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. ~Jennifer Yane
Site Helper
#28 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:55 PM
DXDiag is not the problem; it's just a symptom. All that message is saying is that you can't debug the problem on your machine. This isn't surprising, since only EA can debug TS3.

The real question is what's causing the problem that needs to be debugged. For that, removing your CC and following the FAQs is the correct procedure.
shiny!
retired moderator
#29 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 6:11 PM Last edited by callistra : 25th Jul 2009 at 6:36 PM.
Mootilda, this what I tried to tell the OP back in post #12 but they decided they didn't like that answer.

This thread is starting to go around in circles. It needs to be addressed on an individual basis to determine what about the individual's machine or installation is causing the debugger to get activated. This is where the focus should be. To that end, there have been a lot of suggestions overlooked. It's quite possible, and even probable, given the nature of the error message that each person has their own individual cause for the error. Remember, the error is not indicative of a particular problem, merely the game's inability to launch a debugger than EA did not include. There could be any number of causes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by callistra
Mootilda, this what I tried to tell the OP back in post #12 but they decided they didn't like that answer.

This thread is starting to go around in circles. It needs to be addressed on an individual basis to determine what about the individual's machine or installation is causing the debugger to get activated. This is where the focus should be. To that end, there have been a lot of suggestions overlooked. It's quite possible, and even probable, given the nature of the error message that each person has their own individual cause for the error. Remember, the error is not indicative of a particular problem, merely the game's inability to launch a debugger than EA did not include. There could be any number of causes.

So what do you suggest then? What steps have I overlooked?
shiny!
retired moderator
#31 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 4:29 PM
You appear to have not tried my suggestion of a fresh installation, for starts. If you have you have not mentioned it anywhere. Though, you've actually tried a lot more than most people in here seem to have. backup your game. Uninstall through Add/Remove programs and then manually delete BOTH sets of Sims 3 files in My Docs (user files) and Program Files (game files). Using the uninstall feature does not always remove the game or user files, and if the problem lies in there then a uninstall/and reinstall might not work without manually removing all instances of these files from your computer. Once you've done this, restart your computer and then reinstall. I would try running first without the patch and then apply the patch and see if either game version works.

I am also now wondering what version of the game those who are having this issue are running.
Site Helper
#32 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 6:06 PM
Yes, I saw your post. Their most recent post seemed to indicate that they didn't understand your answer, so I thought I'd try to explain again. Sometimes it can help to say the same thing in several different ways.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 11:01 PM Last edited by gohan2091 : 29th Jul 2009 at 1:01 AM.
You appear to have not tried my suggestion of a fresh installation, for starts. If you have you have not mentioned it anywhere. Though, you've actually tried a lot more than most people in here seem to have. backup your game. Uninstall through Add/Remove programs and then manually delete BOTH sets of Sims 3 files in My Docs (user files) and Program Files (game files). Using the uninstall feature does not always remove the game or user files, and if the problem lies in there then a uninstall/and reinstall might not work without manually removing all instances of these files from your computer. Once you've done this, restart your computer and then reinstall. I would try running first without the patch and then apply the patch and see if either game version works.

I am also now wondering what version of the game those who are having this issue are running.

Post #20 of mine says I reinstalled the game. What I meant to say is, it was a fresh install. I removed all the mods (both the mods folder and download folder), all traces of the game from my EA Games directory and registry. I also deleted the sims3 exe Prefetch file located at Windows/Prefetch.

The crashing happens with the original game and patch 1.27. I just noticed patch 1.3 is out so I will try that as it fixes a lot of things.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 12:55 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 6th Aug 2009 at 12:52 AM.
Uninstalled game again, deleted sims folders and removed mods (backed them up as well as my savegame)

Installed game, installed patch 1.3, put mods back on, played game for 10 minutes, then had a random crash to desktop. Loaded game back up, played for approx 5 minutes, another crash to desktop.

I am not sure what else to do. For all those having the same problem as I, can you post your computer specs please?

Here is my log:
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#35 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 12:53 AM
Please do not triple post. If nobody has answered you, just edit your former post with the added information. Thank you.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
Please do not triple post. If nobody has answered you, just edit your former post with the added information. Thank you.

Sorry, but the reason I did this was so people knew there was a new reply, as an edited reply does not show up unless you actually click the thread and read it.

I installed Sims 3 on my dads PC, he has the same graphics card and also runs Vista x64 but everything else is different. His game also crashes to desktop, sometimes as soon as 2 minutes into play. Could this be a problem with ATI/AMD cards/drivers? or are NVIDIA users here experiencing the same problem?
shiny!
retired moderator
#37 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 3:25 PM
It's still against forum rules to multipost.

The answer to your question is no. This is not a problem with ATI drivers and cards. Plenty of people are running the latest drivers without this issue. The 4890 is also compatible. The fact that his crashes as well may indicate the install disc you have itself is messed up, or the reason for the crash could be entirely different than yours. I would definitely try exchanging the game to see if a new one still has the same problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 9:33 PM Last edited by gohan2091 : 20th Aug 2009 at 4:46 AM.
Tried a friends copy of the game, exact same thing happens, game crashes to desktop randomly... friend doesn't have any problems but admits he doesn't play it much.

I think I'm going to give up, it is not worth it but if anyone has other suggestions, please say so.
Test Subject
#39 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 8:38 PM
I have similar problems, with mine TS3 quit loading and went back to the desktop with no error messages as if nothing had happened. I didn't even get a crash log. I deleted the entirely game manually, as per EA instructions. After reinstalling, the game booted fine. I started adding mods one at a time and relaunching. I started with resource.cfg, and it crashed. Assuming that the problem was in this program, I went back through all my downloads and found that I had two of them. Their modification dates were 6/7/09 and 6/18/09. The one I was attempting to use was dated 6/18/09. When I used the 6/7 program the game booted fine. I don’t know if the modification date is the date my computer modified it or the date Delphy modified it. I still don’t know if the rest of the mods will run. I will post further if they don’t.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 9:38 PM
Ok, I have 2 resource.cfg files. One is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and contains the following:

The other is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and contains:

Does this look correct?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#41 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 9:51 PM
The first resource.cfg is the one you need. It lives in the root sims 3 folder. The other resource.cfg file is a game file. Do not touch that one.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 4:46 AM
The first resource.cfg is the one you need. It lives in the root sims 3 folder. The other resource.cfg file is a game file. Do not touch that one.

Yes, I know this, but are they both correct? Are the contents of both files correct?
Test Subject
#43 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 9:42 AM
I think that both are correct. Just make sure that the one you downloaded for your mods hasn't been corrupted. If you have saved the rar file, reextract it and use the new one. Then add each mod one at a time to see witch one is goofing your system. That's what I'm doing, it's going take a while though. Hope this works for you, I'm still working on mine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Metalhip
I think that both are correct. Just make sure that the one you downloaded for your mods hasn't been corrupted. If you have saved the rar file, reextract it and use the new one. Then add each mod one at a time to see witch one is goofing your system. That's what I'm doing, it's going take a while though. Hope this works for you, I'm still working on mine.

Is it possible for someone here who does not experience random crashing to send me their resource.cfg files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3? To ensure my file isn't corrupt?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#45 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 4:52 PM
http://db.modthesims.info/wiki.php?...3_Package_Files

Link to the resource.cfg file is here.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 5:03 AM
http://db.modthesims.info/wiki.php?...3_Package_Files

Link to the resource.cfg file is here.

I get this message:

Quote:
This server is usable by MTS2 staff members only. To attempt a login click here

When I click that link. I click login but nothing happens.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#47 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 5:19 AM
Try this instead: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...3_Package_Files

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#48 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 4:18 AM
Yeah, it was a bad mod that did it to me, I just had it happen for the first time today - so I thought - what was different? I couldn't install custom content by the launcher either. So I went in, looked at the most recent mods I downloaded and put in and sure enough, as soon as some were taken out - problem solved.
Test Subject
#49 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 1:15 AM
Hi guys!
I have encountered the same "DasmX86Dll.dll" error. I understand that the file DasmX86Dll.dll is just a debugging dll used by creators, so the game searches for it, for some reason... Since I guess that no home player intends to stick his fingers deep into TS3W.exe's core, I've got an idea.
So...

After reading a lot of comments and advices, I decided to try my own solution. Here it is:
1. open Notepad (or any TEXT editor) as a new file.
2. save the blank file as "DasmX86Dll.dll". Save it as type "All types" and "Unicode". (Note that the file has to have "dll" extension. For instruction how to do it, google it!)
3. Copy the dummy file in Program Files location of the main TS3W.exe file (IE "c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\")
4. Start the game and play it just as before the crash!

Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frederrick
Hi guys!
I have encountered the same "DasmX86Dll.dll" error. I understand that the file DasmX86Dll.dll is just a debugging dll used by creators, so the game searches for it, for some reason... Since I guess that no home player intends to stick his fingers deep into TS3W.exe's core, I've got an idea.
So...

After reading a lot of comments and advices, I decided to try my own solution. Here it is:
1. open Notepad (or any TEXT editor) as a new file.
2. save the blank file as "DasmX86Dll.dll". Save it as type "All types" and "Unicode". (Note that the file has to have "dll" extension. For instruction how to do it, google it!)
3. Copy the dummy file in Program Files location of the main TS3W.exe file (IE "c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\")
4. Start the game and play it just as before the crash!

Good luck!

Did it work for you?
Page 2 of 3