Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by strangeguy823
click here if u do not believe me

You really chose the wrong source to quote. That sort of thing is far more likely to come from a conservative viewpoint, and thus is more biased.
Advertisement
Banned
#27 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 11:47 PM

Christian propaganda, that's all that is especially since it's coming from conservapedia.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Safyre420
Christian propaganda, that's all that is especially since it's coming from conservapedia.

actually real cases of ex-gays, and they are all sourced
Banned
#29 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 11:53 PM
actually real cases of ex-gays, and they are all sourced

Let's put it this way, if they were truly completely homosexual there's no way they'd be "ex-gay". They'd have to have been at least bisexual to be "ex-gay".
Field Researcher
#30 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 11:55 PM

Conservapedia, right wing religious bias and propoganda if I ever saw it.

Your "proof" actually supports what I said about people forcing themselves to act straight against their nature through religion.

Come up with something from academia and I might be interested.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 11:58 PM
they can feel atraction for the same sex, but not be involved in same-sex relationships, only straight ones
Banned
#32 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:00 AM
they can feel atraction for the same sex, but not be involved in same-sex relationships, only straight ones

So they are either liars or bisexual
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neil__
Conservapedia, right wing religious bias if I ever saw it.

Your "proof" actually supports what I said about people forcing themselves to act straight against their nature through religion.

Come up with something from academia and I might be interested.

if u dont believe news sites, then i have nothing to say...
Forum Resident
#34 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:02 AM
They're still homosexuals then. Only, homosexuals forcing themselves to have relationships with people they are NOT attracted to just to appease religious people around them. That doesn't make them heterosexuals.
An analogy: I could attend the mass regularly for years. If I still don't believe in a god, going to the mass doesn't make me a Christian, but an atheist going to the church for some reason.

Also, way to quote a source admittedly very biased, champ. (Conservapedia isn't a news site, it's a conservative-oriented encyclopedia...)
Banned
#35 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:03 AM
if u dont believe news sites, then i have nothing to say...

I wouldn't consider conservapedia a "news site" since it is biased. It's rather hard to find a news media outlet that ISN'T biased.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:03 AM
So they are either liars or bisexual

some of them are, but others just... become straight
Field Researcher
#37 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:03 AM
some of them are, but others just... become straight

Rubbish, if they are truely homosexual they don't.

Some homosexual people lie to themselves and enter straight relationships mostly because of religion, it doesn't mean they arent gay anymore. It just means there living a lie.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:04 AM Last edited by jhd1189 : 28th Jul 2009 at 5:51 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 2744409, 2744420
I wouldn't consider conservapedia a "news site" since it is biased. It's rather hard to find a news media outlet that ISN'T biased.

look the article's sources

Quote: Originally posted by Neil__
Some homosexual people lie to themselves and enter straight relationships mostly because of religion, it doesn't mean they arent gay anymore. It just means there living a lie.

some of them
Banned
#39 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:07 AM
look the article's sources

you do realize that at least 90% of the article's sources are religiously biased right?
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:08 AM Last edited by jhd1189 : 28th Jul 2009 at 5:53 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 2744425, 2744430, 2744438

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex-gay if u want neutral POV, there are still cases of people becoming straight

Quote: Originally posted by The_French_Sim
They're still homosexuals then. Only, homosexuals forcing themselves to have relationships with people they are NOT attracted to just to appease religious people around them. That doesn't make them heterosexuals.
An analogy: I could attend the mass regularly for years. If I still don't believe in a god, going to the mass doesn't make me a Christian, but an atheist going to the church for some reason.

Also, way to quote a source admittedly very biased, champ. (Conservapedia isn't a news site, it's a conservative-oriented encyclopedia...)

i mean article sources, not the conservapedia (i know what it is)

you do realize that at least 90% of the article's sources are religiously biased right?

u think these are lies? who would write an article like that being it a lie?
Field Researcher
#41 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:10 AM

The religious right, like Conservapedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex-gay if u want neutral POV, there are still cases of people becoming straight

OMG wikipedia now, another font of truth.
Banned
#42 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:11 AM

While that is neutral(ish), the cases of "people becoming straight" come directly from religious groups which believe homosexuality is a choice.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:11 AM

Quote:
Ex-gay is a term and concept used to describe persons who once identified as gay or lesbian (or any identity other than heterosexual), but have since chosen to identify as heterosexual, or some other identity. The Ex-Gay Movement consists of people and organisations trying to cause members to reduce unwanted homosexual attractions, refrain from pursuing same-sex relationships, develop heterosexual attractions, or enter into an opposite-sex relationship. While "ex-gays" may report a reduction in same-sex desires, they may also continue to experience same-sex attraction [1][2][3] even though they do not identify as "gay".

You missed the key phrase: "identify as". They still feel attraction towards the same sex, they just call themselves straight. It doesn't make them straight.

Hey guys, from now on, I'm no longer French. I'm a Martian. Call me "Ex-Earthling".

I facepalmed again, so hard it hurt both my forehead and my hand. You owe me new joints.
Those people wrote that article not to neutrally document the movement, but to serve their own ideology, that's the principle of a biased source. And you need to learn to show a bit more criticism about what you read on the Internet; people could spend much more time than what you expect writing pages of bullshit.

(please, please take time to write actual responses instead of mass-posting one-sentence posts kthx)
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:12 AM
you were complaining about conservapedia's POV, and i give a neutral article, you think liberal is truth?
Banned
#45 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:12 AM
also to quote wikipedia

Quote:
In the United States, the American Psychiatric Association issued a statement in 2006, backed by numerous other mainstream medical organizations, which stated: "There is simply no sufficiently scientifically sound evidence that sexual orientation can be changed."[9] The statement went on to say that positions espoused by ex-gay organizations "are not supported by the science." Clinical psychologist Douglas Haldeman has identified conversion therapy as a pseudoscience.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:13 AM
You missed the key phrase: "identify as". They still feel attraction towards the same sex, they just call themselves straight. It doesn't make them straight.

Hey guys, from now on, I'm no longer French. I'm a Martian. Call me "Ex-Earthling".

what i said above
Field Researcher
#47 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:14 AM Last edited by jhd1189 : 28th Jul 2009 at 5:53 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 2744466, 2744467

OMG an Alien, Someone call Mulder.

OMG an Alien, Someone call Mulder.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:14 AM
While that is neutral(ish), the cases of "people becoming straight" come directly from religious groups which believe homosexuality is a choice.

because most of the cases are religious-related
Banned
#49 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:15 AM
you were complaining about conservapedia's POV, and i give a neutral article, you think liberal is truth?

liberals may have it wrong as well but they at least don't claim they are correct in the way they think because their imaginary sky faerie told them to think that way.
Forum Resident
#50 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:16 AM
what i said above
I'm not saying the Wikipedia article is a lie, I'm saying you misunderstood something about someone not identifying as gay anymore and someone not actually being gay anymore. They still feel attraction towards the same sex, for Aphrodite's sake!

because most of the cases are religious-related

In other words, religious pressure forces them to frustrate and delude themselves.

Quote: Originally posted by Neil__ (underneath this post)
This is just going in circles, this has been explained several times.

You've seen the posting style of the guy, right? Are you surprised?

Again, strangeguy823, please try to think before you post. It's a forum, not a chatroom!

Page 2 of 29