Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 5th May 2010 at 10:24 PM
Another one that comes to mind for me is the Orson Scott Card classic, Ender's Game. Reading it right now and I'd want to see the movie not so much because I'm digging the story or because I want to actually SEE the film version. More I want to see the movie made so the franchise can go into the merchandising mill. Especially it pertains to video and computer rooms. I loved the battle room passages and it would be great to be able to play those as a video game. Have Internet capabilities for it and be able to battle other armies in the battle school. Maybe even have a whole Battle School RPG. The greater world of the Ender universe I could take or leave. But the Battle School stuff was cool and would be fun to play in game form.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 7th May 2010 at 9:38 AM
I'd like to see Under the Dome by Stephen King made into a movie, but I just googled it and it turns out the book will be made into a HBO mini-series. I guess it would be inappropriate to be made into a movie anyway, as it clocks in at just over 1,000 pages. :P
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 19th May 2010 at 5:57 AM
"Next" by Michael Crichton

A live action version of Plague Dogs

Do comics count? If so I want to see "We3" turned into a movie.

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you“- Nietzche
Theorist
#29 Old 19th May 2010 at 7:23 AM
I demand that the unreleased "If I Did It, Here's How" by OJ Simpson be made into a movie starring Wesley Snipes, Jessica Simpson, and Robert Downey Jr.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 19th May 2010 at 3:39 PM
A mock documentary of "Act like a lady, think like a man" by Steve Harvey would be good. Here's an excerpt of it: http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Stev...ey-Book-Excerpt

I would have loved to see "The Hobbit" become a movie. Oh, "No Exit" by Sartre would be a good movie as well, just as long as Hollywood goes along with the story and they keep the same ending. But knowing Hollywood they would turn it into a horror film and have the characters leave and create a part that never even happened.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 31st May 2010 at 2:14 PM
In Stitches. It could make an interesting movie (:

Field Researcher
#33 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 7:10 AM
The Chill Factor by Sandra Brown
Field Researcher
#34 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 11:20 AM
Iron Council by China Mieville. Actually, all of Mieville's books would make awesome, disturbing, grotesque fantasy/horror movies. As books they're just weird fantasy, but actually having to see the Remade and such would be pretty jarring.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 8:33 PM
If they fixed the series of unfortunate events movie I will be happy don't put 3 books into a single movie thats only like an hour long. THey get to their new home the person dies then onto the next house that made me so mad.
Alchemist
#36 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 2:53 AM
Which Book Would You Like Seen Made into a Movie?

none of the good ones.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 4:00 AM
:lovestruc The Warriors Series :lovestruc

I allied with the GROX
Mad Poster
#38 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 4:14 AM
I would love for Eragon to be re-made into a GOOD movie. :P
Test Subject
#39 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 5:43 AM
Geek Love.
There are no movies about a mother who poisons herself to breed a freak show.
But I would rather it be an Indie movie, because I have lost faith in Hollywood.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:55 AM
Skate by Mike Harmon. Hands down the most realistic Teen's book of the decade IMO.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Inventor
#41 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 5:04 PM
I think "The Unseen" series would make an awesome movie(s), I've only read the first two books so far, but even just those two are great.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 8:54 PM
A secret shame of mine is the Flowers In The Attic series by V.C. Andrews. I know the first one was made into a movie, but a really crappy one. The only parts of the original movie I liked was Louise Fletcher playing the Grandmother and the unintentionally hilarious cookie scene at the end.

Eat The Cookie!

This is one of the only times I want a movie to be remade. Of course it needs to have an R rating, especially considering what happens between Cathy and Chris at the end as well as other disturbing scenes. I would also like to see a sequel made for Petals On The Wind as well. I always thought that Nicole Kidman would make a perfect Corinne Foxworth.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 11:43 PM
I think I'm the odd one out here because I almost always HATE it when a book is made into a movie. Certainly if I've read and enjoyed a book I would never go to see it at the Cinema because it always destroys my memories of the book. Inevitably the characters and scenery are nothing like how I imagined it all in my mind, the story is almost always chopped about and changed and bits left out and other bits added..it just totally ruins it for me. I love to watch good movies BUT never if Ive read the book.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mia138
I think I'm the odd one out here because I almost always HATE it when a book is made into a movie. Certainly if I've read and enjoyed a book I would never go to see it at the Cinema because it always destroys my memories of the book. Inevitably the characters and scenery are nothing like how I imagined it all in my mind, the story is almost always chopped about and changed and bits left out and other bits added..it just totally ruins it for me. I love to watch good movies BUT never if Ive read the book.

I completely agree. Although my taste in books isn't too adult yet, when I see my favorite books in the movies they always seem annoying shallow and immature. Looking at the promotion pics for the new Harry Potter movie, I was horrified to see a blonde, sleek-haired Hermione Granger. Before that, they shoved her in a pretty-in-pink dress.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mia138

That's true for me as well...to a degree. Most movie versions of books stink out loud. However, I believe that it can be done right sometimes. For example, Gone With The Wind, The Silence of the Lambs and Carrie (1976) are almost as good as the novels, but not quite. Since books and movies are two different mediums, they must be treated differently, but it's difficult to even come close to the greatness of the novel.

Another example is The Shining. While the 1980 Kubrick version is praised endlessly King reportedly didn't care for it because it deviated too much from the novel...and thus the mini-series was made. I actually prefer the Kubrick version to the newer one.

I still can't resist wanting to see a more accurate version of Flowers In The Attic though. I've been reading that series for years so the characters and settings are already stuck in my brain until the end of my days. The crappy 1980s version hasn't distorted my view of it at all.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg
Instructor
#46 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 5:55 AM
I would Love to see the Core books of the Dragonlance Series made into movies
Also Pride,Prejadice,and Zombies and it's prequil Dawn of the Dreadfuls and maybe Sense,senseability and Sea monsters
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 7:15 PM
Rose Madder by Stephen King even though if it was made into a movie I don't think my parents would let me see it (you just have to read the book to understand that).
I never want Gerald's Game by Stephen King made into a movie though it was creepy enough in the book.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yakumo-dono
I would have loved to see "The Hobbit" become a movie.

You do know they are making The Hobbit into a movie, right?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/

I think Domain by Steve Alten would've made a good movie. The way it's written is just so much like a movie already so I think a movie adaptation of it wouldn't have too much changes (for once.) Although I think they're making a movie of another novel of his already; Meg. Haven't read that one yet though.

Other than that, I'm not much for book adaptations, there's just too much changes. Just look at the Harry Potter movies.
Banned
#49 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 4:47 PM
Tomorrow, When The War Began by John Marsden was just made into a movie. I saw it yesterday and it rocked, very true to the book.
Instructor
#50 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 5:51 PM
I was going to say that "The Talisman" fantasy novel by Stephen King and Peter Straub, would make a great movie. But I just found out that it's in the works, as a four part mini-series due out in 2012.

ALSO: Stephen Kings "Dark Tower" series is going to be made into a series of movies and possibly a TV show.

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Page 2 of 3