Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Alexander Skarsgård

by lisa777 Posted 12th Aug 2009 at 9:50 AM - Updated 22nd Oct 2009 at 2:09 AM by fanseelamb : adding keywords because I was searching for this sim yesterday and could not find him omg kthnx :)

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 72 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:11 AM
I feel I need to say this, but although this Sim bears a resemblance to the real person, there are several features which do not conform to the real thing. I have seen sims in Creator Feedback Forum which are closer to the real person and they have been rejected.

I often wonder what criteria the mods use to judge whether a sim is accepted or not? One of the things is the 'Wow' factor. This sim does not have that. The Tom Cruise/Brad Pitt Sims are really 'wow' factor sims. If a mod is reading this, I, and I am sure other Sim creators would love to know why this sim was accepted, just as a learning curve.

To the creator, I am not saying this is not a good sim, it is, it is just not, for me someone I would go, wow, that is an amazing likeness. Please don't take offence. You are one of the few who have been accepted and there was a reason, I would just like to know what swung it for you. Thanks for reading my rant.
Scholar
#3 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:28 AM
I agree with Audrey. This sim really doesn't bare a true likeness to the real person. The Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt sims are good. This just seems like a random roll of the dice sim.

I mean no offense to the creator. Really I don't, but for a celeb look-a-like I expect more from the rigors of the MTS upload process.

This is my feedback. It's not an insult.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:32 AM
I recognized the likeness immediately looking at the thumbnail. I don't know why the two above can't see it, but I'm a big True Blood fan and it's obviously him when I look at him - both in closeup and from far away.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:43 AM
I think if you haven't seen Skarsgård in motion and are just looking at the pictures you might not see it, but knowing how his face animates - this sim is dead on!
Scholar
#6 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:44 AM
Well, I guess it's cause I don't watch True Blood (I just got HBO) and have seen his PR photos. They look nothing like this.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm249729280/nm0002907

But it's just my opinion, that's why I left it as Feedback.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I recognized the likeness immediately looking at the thumbnail. I don't know why the two above can't see it, but I'm a big True Blood fan and it's obviously him when I look at him - both in closeup and from far away.

Is that then the criteria, that the sim must be instantly recognisable, even though the features may be off, like the size of this sim's eyes compared to the real person and the nose which is not quite there?

I was told by a mod on the Creator Forum that my Barack Obama Sim would probably not be accepted because I could not skin his age features. This sim seems to be way younger than the real thing.
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:49 AM
When it comes to TS3, sometimes it's better to make a recognizable likeness that isn't exactly perfect when it comes to sizes and shapes. Closer to a charicature (I can't spell that dang word) than an exact likeness. I'd say he's pretty dang close to exact anyway, and the overall look and feel immediately says "DUDE that's Eric!" to me. He definitely looks different in some of his other roles, but as Eric, I'd say he's about as close as anyone's gonna be able to get with the crap sliders we have in TS3. I sure as hell couldn't do better.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Forum Resident
#9 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:54 AM
Cariacature. You were close .

Thanks for the advice. I will bear that in mind before I spend HOURS agonising over whether I need to move my Sims features a mm more just to look exactly like the picture. So you are saying, capture the essence and you are probably good to go?
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 11:04 AM
Actually, great job! Looks just like him.

/a swede
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 11:31 AM
I made him once too. Haha. He is amazing.
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 11:38 AM
I have to agree with HP i also love True Blood and have read all the books Eric is my fav by far, i nearly had a heart attack when i saw the thumbnail i was so excited lol. Great Job!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 11:41 AM
Another thing I noticed, is that his close-ups seem to have been captured in CAS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to submit a close-up in game? Only his body shots are in game.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 11:45 AM
I would normally not post this but I felt I should chime in so those that could not see the likeness did not feel like they were the only ones. Especially now knowing that the uploads are vetted.

I have to say I can't see it either. I am addicted to True Blood, especially Eric Northman this season (was, is and eternally sexy) and I tried very hard to see it. I just can't, not even the essence. Perhaps the essence of Eric is just harder to render for many people to generally get a feel for.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 12:41 PM

I agree, as soon as i saw the thumbnail i was like hey that looks like eric from true blood and then low and behold it was

very good job!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 12:56 PM

To be fair, I don't know the actor, nor watch the show. That being said, I don't see the immediate likeness either, like the people above. Also I must agree with Audrey. Why has this been accepted if it doesn't conform to the creator guidelines, whereas many others get shot back to the Creator Feedback Forum for the same reason?

I'm not trying to bash anyone's creative work. The sim looks good, that's not the problem. It's just that the acceptance criteria on celebrity sims seem very arbitrary this way. I'm sure it's tricky enough to moderate these sorts of threads as it is, but the "immediately recognisable" req is very personal criterium. You immediately recognised this one because he's a character in one of your fav tv shows. Another celebrity sim may be a spot on likeness of someone you don't know, you won't see the likeness without looking closely at the features and you're sure to notice slight discrepancies you would have missed at first glance.

Sorry to the OP for the hijack, I like your work and I'm happy for you that it was accepted. I know how difficult it is to get a sim likeness this close. If there is a better place for this discussion, please point us there.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:50 PM
I would also love an answer to my post #13 as I have been led to believe that a close up in-game shot is a VITAL part of the upload process and yet this VITAL component is missing in the pictures displayed as the sim close-up is very clearly in CAS. Again, correct me if I am wrong.

I totally agree with Thanatozz who makes the point that the features at the very least need to conform to the original. Otherwise, what is the point of the feedback forum where our sims are picked apart down to the minutest detail?

If this sim had been subjected to the tough scrutiny of those who frequent the creator feedback forum, I think the resemblance would have been awesome.
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:56 PM
I think part of the problem is that people are expecting Eric Northman instead of Alexander Skarsgård. Most of the facial features bear a strong likeness (the eyes are off, but the general face shape and lines seem to be pretty close). Yes, the Sim does have a strong resemblance to the actor, but I would not say that is Eric. I think Eric is very idealized and he's going to be perceived differently by each person.
I love TrueBlood and Eric is my 12 (well, maybe 18) y/o fangrrl fantasy, so I am going to be way pickier about a downloaded Eric Sim.
As for this Sim, I think it's a fairly good likeness to the actor. I hope the constructive feedback would not stop you from creating more.
retired moderator
#19 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:58 PM
If you have questions or comments regarding moderation, please use Creator Issues. I don't think this thread is an appropriate place for this kind of thing - but mods are happy to discuss specific points in Creator Issues.

It does appear it slipped past without a proper in-game face closeup but that's something the creator can easily fix now that it's been pointed out. Just give them a chance to do so - but please don't clog up their thread with picking apart the moderation process - I'm sure you wouldn't like it if something you worked hard on ended up being a bunch of comments like that any more than they would.

-You- may not think it's a great likeness but several others have already posted and said they do - myself included. They managed to get an immediately recognizable likeness that captures the spirit of the face even if a couple features aren't exactly perfect - that's damn hard to do considering how puddingish TS3 sims tend to look.

Let's keep further comments to the sim himself - if you have specific points of constructive criticism, that's fine, but please keep on topic.

Forum Resident
#20 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 2:25 PM
Thank you HP for your feedback. I am not sure that the mods are visiting the Creator Issues forum because I have had queries on there for quite some time without a response.

Anyway, Lisa, you do have lots of fans. (;
Field Researcher
#21 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 2:32 PM
I think this sim is dead on with everything but his eyes. Now the only issue is he won't tower over everyone in game by a foot! LOL
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Audrey
Cariacature. You were close .

Caricature, actually. :P

I think this bears a very close resemblance to Alex, it's brilliantly done! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 2:56 PM Last edited by Audrey : 12th Aug 2009 at 3:09 PM.
[QUOTE=DrinkBainne]Caricature, actually. :P

You're right. Thanks for pointing it out.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 3:30 PM
I am a fan of "True Blood" and before looking at the name, I saw the thumbnail, said to myself, Hey that looks like Eric from the show. Clicked and saw it was, before ever looking at the name. So I think it's a very good likeness, considering there is not enough CC to make it exact, but the sim was recognizeable.

Good job, and thanks for sharing.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Typical
#25 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 3:45 PM
If you have questions or comments regarding moderation, please use Creator Issues. I don't think this thread is an appropriate place for this kind of thing - but mods are happy to discuss specific points in Creator Issues.

Well, I have had a thread there for... I can't even remember how long it's been there, that's just how long.

Anyway, I could see a slight resemblance, but not striking.
Page 1 of 3