Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 8:08 AM Last edited by happyasabunny : 20th Sep 2009 at 4:03 PM.
Default So You Think You Can...Decorate? Cycle 2...Round 3 posted

So You Think You Can...Decorate? (Cycle 2)

Can you decorate a room better than anyone you know? Do you love when everything in a room comes together?
Do you love to add splashes of colour? If so, this contest is for you.

Photoshopping is allowed
Sim must be human
Young Adult, Adult, or Elder
Custom Content is allowed

1 headshot
1 bodyshot
1-3 pictures of a room you decorated

Writing:
What your personal style is like. A short Bio (name, age, and a little about them) of your sim and why they became a interior decorator.

1.Extensa5420App
2.RingzTerritoryApp
3.deatherellaAppI II
4.karen445App I II
5.joninmobileApp
6.AlfredAshewApp I
7.Clynnc19App I
8.geitjeApp I
9.dangmalApp I II III
10.Aspen CreationsApp

Dropped Out:
1.wgroomeApp
2.jewaukeela App

1.severe 009
2.racer123246
3.marloezzel

1.minus.
2.DeadMetalSimmer
3.MissMichelle_JoanofSpark

Round 1: Far out Man
Round 2: Center of the home
Round 3: Twins?
Round 4: Great Outdoors
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 8:09 AM Last edited by boolPropped : 1st Oct 2009 at 7:43 PM.
Contest Approved
Begins 8.27.09
Ends 10.11.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 10:02 PM
Lets get the applications rolling in. ^_^
Banned
#4 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 9:00 PM
I have a question: is this contest for The Sims 2 or The Sims 3? Also, what qualities are contestants judged on?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 12:46 AM
This is for The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. The contestants are judged on layout, design, uniqueness, creativity, and effort.
Banned
#6 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:04 AM
Ok. You may put my name on the contestant list now. When is the deadline for the applications?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 1:19 AM
September 7th at midnight GMT -4
Scholar
#8 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 2:11 AM
I have my entry around half done, and I'm wondering if you want us to write any sort of descriptions to go with our pics for the application?

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 2:49 AM
What your personal style is like. A short Bio (name, age, and a little about them)of your sim and why they became a interior decorator.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 9:52 AM
Fingers crossed that my laptop is fixed by September 7th so I can enter. :D

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 4:15 PM
I hope it is fixed as well.
Inventor
#12 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 3:25 AM
[headshot to come]

[body shot to come]

[room pictures to come]

Name: Shay Kayton
A little about me: Hey! I'm Shay Kayton. Nice to meet you. As you can see, I'm very busy in here. This is my office, you see. This is my daughter, Eva. Adorable, isn't she? She and her twin, Andrew, are almost four. Well, I'll just put her down in her playpen and you and I can begin our little talk. Let's see. A little about me. Well, I'm a mom and a wife, but I guess you knew that. I went to school at Broman University, and I majored in interior design. I'm very silly sometimes, but really I am a hard worker. I'm also a perfectionist, and I won't rest until the job is done, and done right!
Personal style: I like organised, but lived-in. I am also drawn towards symmetry, which you can see in many of my house designs, as well as the twin's bedroom. I focus not as much on the big picture, but more on making each little detail stand out and fit just right.
Why I became a decorator: I love it! Since I was little, I loved rearranging and redoing, and when I was a teenager I purchased a game that allowed me to build and decorate houses for little families or loners or old couples... whatever the game said to build, I built. It was wonderful. I just love decorating, and I love the look when, after two hours of confused I'm-not-sure-what-I-want-ing, the woman walks into her house and exclaims, "It's perfect!" I love making people happy by giving them the perfect house.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 11:54 PM
Good app Extensa5420
#14 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 2:28 AM Last edited by RingzTerritory : 1st Sep 2009 at 2:42 AM. Reason: fixed the bio part..
My first contest ever please tell me if I have done anything wrong ok^^

Headshot

Bodyshot

Room

Info
Name: Ayanna Depaul

I am 22 and of French and Hawaiian descent with a major in Drama, I have been into interior design ever since I was a child and my mother allowed me to decide the decor of my bedroom. We lived in Hawaii for awhile, I have a love for bright bold flowers, I admit I can got a bit nuts with the flowers sometime. I just love to brighten up a simple bland room with flowers, bright colors.

Despite my love for flowers I have a more classic, modern chic personal style. It's a bit hard to mix my nature style with the classic style sometimes but I find it worth it when a room comes together just right.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 2:42 AM
jewaukeela- I can't wait until your app is finished.
RingzTerritory- Good app and you did everything right.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 3:13 PM
Sofía Vasquez:
Spain's Hottest Interior Designer

Sofía has always had a passion for making interiors sparkle since she was a little girl, when she was playing with her dolls' house. She now makes a living turning the drab and shabby into cool and clean. Her favourite designer is Max-Is, and she loves using their items wherever she can. She caters to budgets and clients, so why not call for a consultation?

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 4:56 PM Last edited by karen445 : 1st Sep 2009 at 11:57 PM.
Default Jillian Harris
~ Jillian Harris ~
---------------------

Name: Jillian Harris
Town: Sunset Valley
Career: Interior Decorator

About Myself:
My name is Jillian, My parents have always told me since day 1 that when I was a toddler that I loved to make and organize things. I also loved to draw.
Right now, I'm in a stable career as an interior decorator and Im loving every second of it. I love putting things in order, fixing up abandond homes that have been destroyed by other sims. I am ready for anything.
This is my dream job.

Face Shot:

Body Shot:

Home Shot:

Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 5:55 PM
What does the cursive thing say? and what does it mean? I think it says EJ? idk!
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 6:16 PM
I'll join.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 6:34 PM
Waterclaw -it does say EJ (emergency judge)
karen445 and SIMTastic3309 -I can't wait to see your apps.
Banned
#21 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 3:40 AM Last edited by joninmobile : 2nd Sep 2009 at 4:01 AM.
I'm confused it says do not post replies until the contest host has checked in on the thread, I really want to apply to this contest, this will be my first contest ever, on any site.

I hope this is okay, I decided to post my application:

I wanted to make something beautiful with Maxis content only, I think I did a good job!

This is Jen Apple, She is a Barbra Streisand's personal decorator. She had been decorating Barbra's home since the late 1970's when she was just starting out as an eager decorator in her early 30's. She got offers to decorate many other stars homes, but she developed such a friendship with Barbra over the years, she felt if she left Babs, she would be betraying a good friend. Jen was featured with Barbra in In Style magazine in 2003, on the cover. There was a nice article about Jen and Barbra in there, and the magazine sold very well that week.

Pictures are thumbnails, they may take a while to load.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 8:50 AM Last edited by AlfredAskew : 2nd Sep 2009 at 9:23 AM. Reason: Implied gender weirdness. Men don't wear bras.

My name is Ryen Edith. My friends call me 'Rye Toast'. Or just Toast. I'm twenty-five years old and I'm an interior designer. That's a fancy name for shopping for people with too much money and not enough time. I started doing this sort of thing in college with some friends. They started a tiny theater thing, and I was the only one with any know-how with power tools. I became the set designer by default.
Since then, I've designed sets for several smaller companies around town. I started my design company on the side to pad my AA sized income. Think less wonderbra and more middle-school-cotton-ball-mistake. A word to the kiddos out there, cotton is better for cleaning your ears, and art won't get you rich. Though I only have personal experience with the latter. I've only watched the former go awry from afar.

Shameless plug: Fifty bucks for wedding/grad/funeral shots.
Some day, some one will have to take me up on the funeral. They're far more interesting than most any other event I'm called to.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happyasabunny
Round 1: Far out Man
Round 2: Center of the home
Round 3: Twins?
Round 4: Great Outdoors

Hi, can I ask what this bit means, are they themes or something? Sorry if i'm being stupid :P

I dOn'T sUfFeR fRoM iNsAnItY. i EnJoY eVeRy MiNuTe Of It. :D

Please call me Rachel
Field Researcher
#24 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 7:22 PM Last edited by clynnc19 : 3rd Sep 2009 at 1:09 AM.
Default My Application
This is my first contest ever so I hope I can be as good as you guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Amber Alva
Town: Sunset Valley
Career: Interior Designer and Business Owner

Bio

Hello, Amber Alva here, the new interior designer on the block.
Don't overlook me because I'm young, I'm definately no slouch.
After graduating college in interior design I decided to open a
business. I was raised by a wealthy family so I had plenty of money
to get me started. My business will specialize in taking old run-down
homes, flipping (remodeling) them, and selling them for profit. I don't
actually do all of the labor, I have hired help for that. I just draw up
the floor plans and decorate when the rebuilding is done. This home
will be our first flip. I'm going to love this job. It's what I was born to
do.

My style? I guess you could say it's mostly modern, even though
I'm always trying new things.

Face Shot:

Body Shot: