Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 2:58 AM Last edited by justJones : 6th Feb 2014 at 10:35 PM.
Default A-Z Children Challenge
I APOLOGIZE IF THERE IS ALREADY A CHALLENGE SIMILAR OUT THERE.

Create a YA couple (gender doesn't matter) in CAS and move into whichever home you like (or you can do this on an empty lot, it'll be more difficult and fun)
The concept is to have 26 children in the founder's lifetime, each one named in an alphabetical sequence. (Firstborn named Andrea, secondborn named Betty, thirdborn named Charlie, etc.)

-Have your first child, have his/her name begin with the letter "A"
-If a child dies or is taken away by the social worker or you lose him by any other means, this breaks the sequence and the challenge will be void which is why you must do whatever you can to keep your offspring alive and well
-You CANNOT use ANY cheats, you must try to sustain your children's well-being on the parental Sim's efforts
-Though you will earn more if both parents had a career during the child's upbringing, it might create an inconvenience and a visit from the social worker if no one is home while the first child is not old enough to stay home alone (unless the parents have careers where one parent's workday ends when the other's begins)
-Obviously when the household limit doesn't allow you from having anymore children, wait until any of the existing children are old enough to move out to make room for future offspring or if some are already old enough, move them out

You must try to have as many children in the alphabetical sequence as you can before the parents age into elders (if the male turns into an elder first, you can probably have a few more children - you can impregnate the woman before she's about to age, and when she has the baby, immediately impregnate her again, and she'll be unable to age while pregnant, I'm unsure how many pregnancies she'll be able to have, but worth a try)
When both parents age into elders, they must begin to adopt children, continuing the sequence until the challenge is finished.

Having not tried the challenge myself, I'm not sure if the parents will be able to have 26 children within their lifetime.
In the case of multiple births (twins, triplets, etc.) continue to name them in the alphabetical sequence (e.g one twin Elliott and the other twin Flora)
You CANNOT change the lifespan length! However, in the case that the parents are about to die from old age, you may extend the lifespan in order to complete the challenge.

I think I've covered everything there is to this challenge, if there are any questions or something I didn't mention, don't hesistate to reply and ask!
You can do whatever you like with the offspring.
This seems like a pretty difficult challenge to me. I hope someone will try it out and report back here on their attempts.
For mine, I'm going to give all the children old-fashioned names like Agatha or Augusta, Abraham or Alastair.
If anyone plans on doing so as well, this is where I'll be getting the names from:
http://www.angelfire.com/id2/heathe...oned_names.html
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 5:36 PM
I'm thinking that this might work out better if grandchildren were included. Just having a LTW of 10 kids was almost impossible in the old game. Also, on normal life spans, the elders usually die around the time the grandkids age to children, so it could still be challenging to accomplish.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 12:00 AM
Very true.
Feel free to do that!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 8:01 AM
So, after many, many hours, I can finally say that I successfully completed this challenge - all in one generation, might I add (yes, it is possible!).

My two starting sims were Adam and Zharlii Samuels.

They both have childish and family-orientated traits.

Their first-born is a daughter named April.

The next pregnancy brought Adam and Zharlii their first set of twins, Belle and Charisma.

Already with three little girls, Adam and Zharlii got pregnancy again. With another set of twins! This time, it was twin boys named Damian and Elijah.

By now, the house is almost stuffed to breaking point. Zharlii has another surprise though, and Flynn is welcomed to the family.

Slowly all the youngesters grow up. Although stressful, the family are all close to one another, so when it was time for April to move out, she took her twin sisters with her. While all this was happening, Zharlii announced her fifth pregnancy - twins again! The two boys were named Garrett and Hayden.

Only nine months after the latest editions arrived, another little boy entered the world named Isaac.

Being part of this ever-growing family was tough, there was no denying it. After a restless night thinking about his older boys' struggle for independence and peace and quiet, Adam decided to go for a late-night walk to clear his head. That's when he noticed the 'For Sale' sign on the house across the road. The next morning, the house was his, and he explained his plan to the now-teenage Damian and Elijah to let them move in there. Delighted, the boys packed up their things. The house was momentarily less crowded, until the newest set of twins, Jarred and Kyden, arrived. The months melted into years, and before long, Flynn, Garrett and Hayden had decided it was time to move in with their older brothers.

Also during that time, little Levi entered the world. Although thrilled with their latest arrival, Zharlii knew she wouldn't be able to have any more children of her own. Despite their aging their bodies suggesting otherwise, the couple knew they were fit enough to raise more children, so they turned to adoption. Not liking to choose babies themselves, they organised to adopt in girl-boy order, and let the agency choose the child for them. Marley was the first to join the family this way, followed closely by Noah, then Opheera and Phillippe.

One by one the birthdays came and went, and soon enough, more of the family was ready to leave. Some joined the boys' house across the street, while others chose to live with one of their oldest sisters'. Enjoying the fulfillment of adoption so much, Quinlynn joined the family next, followed by her brother Rory and sister Sadie.

Despite her passions for her children, Zharlii's health was starting to fade and old age was catching up to her. She welcomed her newest adoptee Treyden with open arms, but those arms were shaky and arthritic.

It didn't come as much of a surprise when she passed away at lunchtime one morning while Treyden was sleeping in his crib.

Although obviously devastated, Adam knew he had children to look after, and so it became his sole purpose to raise his children alone. Soon enough, he got into a routine, the years going by one by one, the family starting shrinking as they went off to join other siblings or live with their partners. Looking at Zharlii's elaborate headstone one sunset, he decided that since he was still fit and healthy, and since Zharlii loved children so much (as did he), that he would continue adopting. He wasn't sure how many more he'd be able to manage, but he also knew that if he didn't keep busy, he'd probably sink into depression with the realization that his partner is gone and his kids are growing up. During that week, Adam met Ulaani, and once again knew his purpose in life.

Within the next few years, Vaughn and Winter joined the family as well, then Xavier.

Adam worked tirelessly on teaching all his children the ways of the world, but it was hard to avoid the exhaustion that rippled through his body and the aches and pains that greeted him every morning. He couldn't help himself one morning, though, after little Winter said her first word - "daddy". He called the agency once more, and soon enough, Yordana joined the family.

Not wanting to end on an impluse decision, Adam called the agency one last time knowing this would be his final child. He was named Zack.

After teaching Zack how to talk, Adam spent the remainer of his 110th day in Simworld at his sons' house across the street. He curled up in one of the beds for an afternoon nap. Dreaming of the future and of Zharlii, he took is last breath.

Let me sum that up for you again:

April
Belle
Charisma
Damian
Elijah
Flynn
Garrett
Hayden
Isaac
Jarred
Kyden
Levi
Marley
Noah
Opheera
Phillippe
Quinlynn
Rory
Sadie
Treyden
Ulaani
Vaughn
Winter
Xavier
Yordana
Zack

I had a lot of fun with this challenge. I really didn't think I'd manage to finish it...I expected Adam to die fairly soon after Zharlii, who died at around 90 days, I think. Instead, he survived until 110 and saw Zack into toddlerhood.

"It's sticks and stones and broken homes, that taught us how to smile." - The Bens
Forum Resident
#5 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 3:42 PM
Wow! I'm impressed. Are you tired of toddlers now? I will have to try this sometime soon.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 3:52 PM
If I was sick of toddlers there'd be no point in playing the game any more lol. I like playing big families or lots of generations. Everything else gets boring really fast, like career paths or rock collecting. That's why I liked this challenge so much.

"It's sticks and stones and broken homes, that taught us how to smile." - The Bens
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 9:20 PM
wow, i thought it was impossible to have 26 kids but i guess with adpotion.....

so are we allowed to age them before their birthday or do we have to wait until there is 1 day left?

i just started but my sims wernet in a "woohoo mood" so they havent had any kids yet

Fiona and Orlando Bingo:

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 11:58 PM
I made my family - Aaron and Abby Alphabet are expecting their first little one. He wants to be a professional author and hasn't gotten a job yet. She got a cooking job, but she can't work for the next four days. It looks like times might be tough for a bit.

Forum Resident
#9 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amyandmia
wow, i thought it was impossible to have 26 kids but i guess with adpotion.....

so are we allowed to age them before their birthday or do we have to wait until there is 1 day left?

Although in my normal play-style I never age anyone prematurely, I knew to get so many kids that I'd have to. I never aged toddlers before their birthday, and to begin with, I didn't age the children up either. The first few teens I aged up fairly quickly just to get them out of the house and into another one so their teenage siblings could live with them. Towards the end I aged children with between 2-4 days until their actual birthday, then booted them out as teenagers into their siblings' house. I don't think you'd be able to get this challenge completed if you didn't age them prematurely at some point, since you can only have 6 children in the house at once.

Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 12:36 PM
Ooooh I've been itching to try one of these "challenge" thingies This is perfect! I luvvv it!
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:39 AM
I can't wait to give this a try!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 1:41 AM
LOVE IT! Gotta try it sometime!
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 10:03 AM
I'm doing this right now, will post results when done :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 7:09 PM
Looks fun! Will have to try it sometime once I finish the ' Tribe Challenage! '
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 3:48 PM
Tribe challenage finished!

I'll post pics soon!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 3:55 PM
QUIESTION!

Do we have to click TRY FOR BABY or can we use the STATUE OF LIFE MOD?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#17 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 6:10 PM
The hardest part of this challenge imho is trying to get the parents into the mood for woohoo.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 9:23 PM
The 'mood'?
My sims when ever they 'woohoo' a baby always happens :p
Scholar
#19 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 10:10 PM
Doing this challenge now... only at three kids so far, more on the way. This is fun!
Instructor
#20 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 1:54 AM
I think I'll try this
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 8:26 AM
I have a queston- Can I do this on sims 2? I have so much time on my hands. Number two: Is It okay If I Have a Mor Family Members Download? It Lets me have up to 50, and If not I wont let them go above eight. No biggie
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 9:09 PM
I loves! The Adam and Zharli (sp?) made me cry *sniff*

I will def. be trying this!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd May 2011 at 6:58 PM
(The reason why I didn't quote was because of all the photos.)

haylz, your post was BEAUTIFUL. Loved, loved, LOVED it.

I normally don't do the kid thing because: (a) I don't have patience for them -- when I do mess around and knock up a Sim, I immediately age the kid to YA so I get move them the hell out; (b) my trait is 'Dislikes Children' -- I think that speaks for itself, haha; and (c) there was nothing in game that would make parenthood fun for me.

Since Generations is due on the 31st, I will give this a try. Your post gave me inspiration!
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 7:01 AM
:)
I will definitely be starting this tonight(:
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 12:18 AM
I think I will defintley be trying this challenge!! It will be my first evere challenge! Yay!
Page 1 of 8