Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 9:56 PM
I agree with you, missroxor. I see Lady GaGa as a more accumulated and "Built-with-the-right-stuff", going against the rules once she has done the all the right way once before, and Katy Perry is a more.. seen-before artist - talent spotted and singing songs which she or others have written for the times.

I'm not an epic "GaGa Lover" or whatever, but I think she has some qualities that should be brought more into the music industry - Its almost become *too* easy, in my eyes.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Lol, I understand, I wasn't having a personal dig at you (or anyone) just saying that I don't think KP is as sweet an innocent as some of you make her out to be. From the few that I've seen I think her outfits, dancing and acting suggest far more than her PG lyrics do. I'm well aware that she wasn't making remarks against gay people, I do get the humour and I can see the appeal for teenagers. I don't have anything against either of them (though I wouldn't take style tips from either) however, I agree with the others on here who see Gaga as a massive talent who just happens to be quite open about some things.

I'm not sure why but KP just comes across to me as a sculpted and polished to perfection pop product whereas I kinda see Gaga as more independant and artistic. Hmm,...I could be completely wrong though, I don't really go out of my way to listen to their stuff and learn about them

To tell you the truth, Katy, she is the sweetest person I've ever meant. People say she's a jerk, but I'm dead serious. she's amazing. There's many people who would say that right now. Gaga, is artistic, she Co-Writes, which is better than nothing, but Katy wrote 3 of her songs, & they have became hits. Maybe listen to Thinking of You. That is the real her, not kissing girls. (:

Music has made me who I am. Thank you Katy Perry. <3
Scholar
#28 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Petchy
I agree with you, missroxor. I see Lady GaGa as a more accumulated and "Built-with-the-right-stuff", going against the rules once she has done the all the right way once before, and Katy Perry is a more.. seen-before artist - talent spotted and singing songs which she or others have written for the times.

I'm not an epic "GaGa Lover" or whatever, but I think she has some qualities that should be brought more into the music industry - Its almost become *too* easy, in my eyes.

/agree

What strikes me about Lady GaGa is the way that she challenges gender roles in her style. She obviously dresses in a provocative way, but it's not necessarily feminine or sexy. She mixes up a lot of sexy, "female" dance moves with some very aggressive, "masculine" ones. And a lot of the outfits she chooses reminds me of drag queen culture. I get an extremely queer-friendly vibe from her.

Anyway, that's all to say that any sort of pop star handler would NOT purposefully create an image like that. She isn't a package that someone else designed to appeal to mainstream culture.

Also, I watched a few interviews with Lady GaGa, and I have to say I was very impressed with how cool and composed she is when it comes to responding to questions.

And finally, between Katy Perry & Lady GaGa, it's really splitting hairs to say Katy Perry is a writer and Lady GaGa is a cowriter/which is better than nothing.
1) We really don't know what percent of each of the songs the artists are responsible for writing.
2) Lady GaGa co-wrote all the songs on her latest album. Katy Perry co-wrote all of her songs on her latest album (except for 3, which she wrote by herself).
Personally, I think the difference between those two in writing credentials is quite minor--especially given the fact that Lady GaGa wrote songs for other artists before she started her solo career

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Mad Poster
#29 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 6:19 AM Last edited by KyleTheArtist : 1st Nov 2009 at 6:34 AM.
Stars have influences from each other nothing new, people. XD

I hate celebrities, especially pop celebrities to much sex and drama in their songs. Plus Lady GaGa took her name from queen song. wiki it.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by robokitty
/agree

What strikes me about Lady GaGa is the way that she challenges gender roles in her style. She obviously dresses in a provocative way, but it's not necessarily feminine or sexy. She mixes up a lot of sexy, "female" dance moves with some very aggressive, "masculine" ones. And a lot of the outfits she chooses reminds me of drag queen culture. I get an extremely queer-friendly vibe from her.

Anyway, that's all to say that any sort of pop star handler would NOT purposefully create an image like that. She isn't a package that someone else designed to appeal to mainstream culture.

Also, I watched a few interviews with Lady GaGa, and I have to say I was very impressed with how cool and composed she is when it comes to responding to questions.

And finally, between Katy Perry & Lady GaGa, it's really splitting hairs to say Katy Perry is a writer and Lady GaGa is a cowriter/which is better than nothing.
1) We really don't know what percent of each of the songs the artists are responsible for writing.
2) Lady GaGa co-wrote all the songs on her latest album. Katy Perry co-wrote all of her songs on her latest album (except for 3, which she wrote by herself).
Personally, I think the difference between those two in writing credentials is quite minor--especially given the fact that Lady GaGa wrote songs for other artists before she started her solo career

Katy Perry, she has written about 25 songs (The Driveway, Long Shot, Psycho Love, etc.)

Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 1:26 PM
You know, guys, some people take imitating as a form of compliment...
PS: I hate Lady Gaga!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 4:24 AM
I like Lady Gaga.

That's about all I'm gonna say.

Actually, no it isn't.

I pose one question: is anything these days original?
You can't really blame an artist for taking other styles from other artists. Essentially that's what the music business is centered around. Note that almost everywhere you look in terms of biographical media on bands/singers include their influences. Their sounds or styles aren't technically original, but built off of something someone else has already established.

I could be way wrong, but just a thought. By all means, shoot me between the eyes if you feel any opposition.

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
Test Subject
#33 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 4:59 AM
Watch the Bad Romance video that was just released.

Then i dare you to tell me that Lady GaGa isn't original. Show me one video, any video that is remotely similar to that. She's created a visual and audial orgasm of sex, haute couture fashion, art, and horror in just five minutes. It's brilliant.

I really liked her before. As a huge art and fashion fan, i am now in LOVE with her beyond words.

Hell is other people ~ Sartre
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 4:04 PM
Lady Gaga is disturbing. If you listen to her lyrics you'll see that they aren't half bad. Her videos, however, are completely over the top and all around sex.

"This is night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."

::::Participating Currently In Picture Perfect: Cycle 2::::
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 12:21 AM
I still find this funny though.

I myself think Lady Gaga isn't appropriate, but hey, no music really is.

It all has a meaning, that only the artist really knows what it means.

Test Subject
#38 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 12:52 AM
Eh... To me it doesn't matter. I guess she kinda does copy other peoples style but she gives it her own personal flare (I'm NOT saying that I like her because I DON"T)
Test Subject
#39 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 9:06 PM
^
That's about the same with me, she always adds something. I dislike HER, but her music is, okay, except for always being sex.

just forget the world.
Test Subject
#40 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 10:25 PM
I like them both, they add their own personal touch to their music. I'm Irish, and I haven't a clue who Roisin Murphy is, sorry :S
Alchemist
#41 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 6:33 AM
how do you steal something that was made up, anyway?

its like trying to say you can steal a name.
i guess that makes all the ashleys, kathys, johns, edwards, etc out there THIEVES because OMG THEY COPIED SOMEONE.

FFS people, its clothing, its not like shes wearing a mask made of roisin murphys' skin. deal with it.

...and no, im not a gaga fanatic or anything. her beats are catchy, but i dont care much about them. never even heard of roisin.
and on the subject of gagas name... i think it sounds like something a baby would say. *shrug*

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
Lady GaGa totally copied Roisin Murphy's style. Roisin Murphy was BEFORE Lady Ga Ga, and this is for all of you who think Lady GagMe is unique:

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...arch_type=&aq=f

Can someone name a new group and/or "artist" that is unique?? I'm sorry but this is the reality, nothing is really unique anymore these days... Also, the "music" that features this ga ga person reeks of simplicity.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 5:44 AM
To me, Lady Ga Ga is creative. Just that. I don't like her music so much (I've always been one for slow and depressing, though). She sings about what's on every human's mind instinctively - sex. Rappers are just the same. But society won't accept her because she's a woman, and if a woman is openly sex obsessed she's automatically a wh***. I think though that if anyone could understand what rappers say in their songs, we'd be talking about them and not Lady Ga Ga

His Eyes were Green. As Green as Oak Leaves in Summer.
Scholar
#44 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by robokitty

I wonder why with all the hermaphrodite rumors and such....

To me, "Lady" Gaga is just another ho singing about male genitalia and loose sex. Doesn't impress my intellect (music should be thought-provoking).
Test Subject
#45 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xdEaDbLoOdx
I think though that if anyone could understand what rappers say in their songs, we'd be talking about them and not Lady Ga Ga

Dude, a lot of my friends listen to rap music and they know damn staright what they are talking about. But it's not like that kind of "music" gets any better if you knew the lyric from start to end. It's still shit (imo), just like lady ga ga, it's corny (imo), it's whiny (imo) and her music is just like anything we heard million times before (FACT).

The reason why shit like this keeps happening is because this planet is populated by a great number of simplistic zombies. We must gather our precious brains around and fight off those brain consuming "music lovers" a.k.a. zombies together, before they get to us all! Together we have the skill to survive!!
Test Subject
#46 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 12:30 PM
Some people like the music they listen to to be thought-provoking as well. I know that I prefer music which makes me think about things. Some people just like brainless pop and techno. That's fine for them.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan
Retired
retired moderator
#47 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 12:36 PM
She's actually quite amusing, in a kitsch way, but I can't help but feel she's the corporatised Peaches. And a poor man's peaches at that.

Product-wise, not music-wise. Gaga doesn't make music, she makes a strange sort of comedy.
Alchemist
#48 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Product-wise, not music-wise. Gaga doesn't make music, she makes a strange sort of comedy.

on that note: EVERY SINGLE ONE of her music vids completely confuses me.

....seriously.
i am LOST by the end of every video she makes, and there arent enough bread crumbs for me to find my way home again.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea

I wish you would mean, "by making a fool out of herself". To bad the majority swallows everything like the best candy they ever had.

Or maybe i should go back too hugging trees, though that sounds a lot better then dealing with this ga ga person's "music".
Instructor
#50 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kenyurie.
Okay, nothing against Gaga, but I am sick of the comparisons. They are COMPLETLY different, one has humor, other has sex. I choose the humor. You need to understand this. Everyone has their own opinion, but Katy, she atleast has a sense of how teenagers are. Gagas' is for matured ages ONLY. Katy's not asking everyone to go out and kiss a girl, but to be yourself, Her BEST friends are both G-A-Y. They find no harm. She's being herself. Gaga's being her writers, she Co-Writes ALL of her songs. Unlike, Katy Perry.

See, two different people.

I don't think that Lady GaGa and Katy Perry are comparable at all either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtKL9Js9t4 when Katy Perry went on Rove, an extremely popular and awesome show on Australian TV. Katy Perry has personality. She's funny.

Oh and about this "OMG she kissed a girl ew yucky! What she tryin to sayy!?"
She said herself. I kissed a girl was supposed to be fun and just a joke.

IMO, Everyone that is making a big deal are just homophobic shits

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Page 2 of 6