Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampire Akasha

by VacuumMelon Posted 1st Nov 2009 at 10:08 PM - Updated 12th Feb 2010 at 7:39 PM by VacuumMelon

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:53 PM Last edited by NintendoLover13 : 1st Nov 2009 at 11:20 PM.
COOL! I'm looking for her hair now!
Page 25?

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 1:16 AM
Her hair actually reminds me of Anne Rice's years back. Nice touch... glad you didn't go with the film's version, which was an atrocity. Make Enkil!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 6:46 AM
You are my hero!
I love Anne Rice
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 7:15 AM
WOW, she is absolutely gorgeous ! Great work !
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 1:40 PM
While I don't like Anne Rice's Novels at all, I really liked this sim. Thank you for the effort you put into it and Thank you (again) for sharing with us all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 4:20 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you like her

Quote: Originally posted by NintendoLover13
COOL! I'm looking for her hair now!
Page 25?
Yep, page 25. I've also linked to this page near the end of the main text.

@SIMancer: I've only read "The Vampire Lestat", which I liked quite a bit, and "Interview with the Vampire", which was kind of meh, it irritated me. I'm halfway through "The Queen of the Damned" but it's taking me awful lot of time to read it.. I think it isn't as entrancing as Lestat's story. I'm also not a fan of her usage of purple prose, but I like her characters.

I've seen many different opinions about A. Rice, I wonder what MTS users think of her...?
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 8:32 PM
Thanks that really is an incredible outfit, great work. I'm afraid I never read any Anne Rice but it's interesting that you thought "Interview with a Vampire" wasn't that good because I thought the film was one of the better vampire movies I've seen.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 5:53 PM
Hm, I haven't seen the movie, but I've also heard that many people liked it. Perhaps it's better than the book.

And thanks, I loved making that outfit.
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 4:53 PM
Weird. I was just the opposite. Couldn't get through The Vampire Lestat but zoomed through Queen of the Damned. Think maybe it's because my first go round in college I was an Art History major? Hmm.

Anyway she's a great sim and I flat out *love* her face.
Might have to snag her for the genetics alone! Really great.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 6:22 PM
Perhaps I've not been in the right mood lately. Today I tried to read it again and now it's beginning to gather my interest at last. And you studied art history? That's cool

And thank you, it's nice to hear you like her.
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 6:55 AM
Wow! That is really great! I am such a huge, huge anne rice fan! How about maybe making us the keeper of those who must be kept? Perhaps there's room for Marius/Enkil? Would be great but really that is amazing ^,~

Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children...
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 7:41 PM
Wow, i just finished reading the Queen of the Damned, and your Akasha is just how i imagined her! very great work
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 8:54 PM
Thank you!

@aralieangel: it's a nice idea, perhaps I'll do it when I have more free time.
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 4:55 PM
I must confess, when I first came upon this post, I was a little excited. I had never come across an Akasha sim anywhere, so I downloaded her and booted up my body shop. The clothes were done with detail, and one could tell that you had obviously taken your time and energy on it. However, it seemed that attention waned when you began her face. The amount of makeup on her served to hide things that made her, frankly, disappointing. She may look presentable when facing you fully, but her profile leaves much to be desired. Think of this not as a flame, but as constructive criticism. With a little bit of tweaking, you could get there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 6:43 PM
I checked and yeah, I must have forgotten to make her forehead fuller after I brought forth her eyebrows. This can be easily corrected even without Body Shop. And if you want - unlike me - her to have straighter nose, then it can also be modified in the game by bringing down the tip of her nose.
I don't take your post as a flame, not at all, but also you have to define constructive criticism to yourself. You didn't point out anything specific of how to improve her, you just said that she didn't look like you wanted her to look.
And if you want some other Akashas, then there are some even in MTS2 (based on Aaliyah), just search for them.
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 7:16 AM
TY for making her more like the book version instead of the movie version

Well we all seem to be in a frenzy of pure agreement!
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 11:19 PM
I love your detail of her outfit, It is actually authentic to the book , in all detail. We all tend to make things the way we won't it to be, and that's cool. To be honest, any area of Eygpt that she came from, she had to be a person of color. Due to the climate, location, and type of people.
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 11:45 PM
i couldve sworn Akasha was African??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 7:28 AM
Egypt is located in Africa, so yeah, she descended from Egypt, Africa.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 4:48 AM
Awesome, thank you :-D!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 9:48 PM
She looks lovely, I wish that I had her in TS3.

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 1:01 PM
Thanks for this!! But i did everything right and it won't show up her skirt nor shoes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eternaquarius
Thanks for this!! But i did everything right and it won't show up her skirt nor shoes.

Do you have Open for Business? You can't have the skirt without it, sorry. :/
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VacuumMelon
Do you have Open for Business? You can't have the skirt without it, sorry. :/

The expansion? Oh I didn't know, thanks for telling me
I will install it then ^^
Page 1 of 2