Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#101 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 8:31 PM
Yea I guess your right! Oops! And it was one of my first attempts at building in the game. I might try a smaller lot this time to try and contain the size.

C.T.HOLKO88
Advertisement
Alchemist
#102 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 11:34 AM
It's always better to get some experience before starting to copy big houses

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#103 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 9:25 PM
Yea I realize that now! I am almost done with my townhouse, will test it out and then upload it shortly

C.T.HOLKO88
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#104 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 6:49 AM
It's hard to try and copy houses from blueprints, because the Sims 3 doesn't have such big capabilities. You should look at the blueprints first for inspiration and then try and make some sketches of the house in the Sims, also try to calculate how much tiles will be the length of the outer walls. I also suggest to check if your building on the Sims will need some of the rooms in the original floorplan - if not - try and change them.
Alchemist
#105 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 1:29 PM
My tactic for copying blueprints is I look for the windows and doors, and check if they're single, double or eventually triple doors or window and then it's easy to measure the rest.

#106 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
My tactic for copying blueprints is I look for the windows and doors, and check if they're single, double or eventually triple doors or window and then it's easy to measure the rest.

That's generally what I do too. Otherwise it's all about proportion/scale. Although I find that's it's better to make it a little bigger rather than a little smaller, extra space is always useful, so long as there's still room for a garden.
Forum Resident
#107 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 4:05 AM
I never thought about it like that before. I might do that next time I want to copy a floor plan! Thanks guys for all the advice!

C.T.HOLKO88
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#108 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 9:37 PM
Hey guys, I am trying to do something that is very grand and lavish and I want you too see what I have done. I would like to hear some suggestions too. You can also try and guess where I took inspiration from.

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#109 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 3:04 AM
Hmm let me guess...The Palace of Versailles?
The roof seems off to me and looks um kind of weird. I don't know but the rest of it looks good!

C.T.HOLKO88
Top Secret Researcher
#110 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gogolinopz
... try and guess where I took inspiration from.
I like how it's set upon the slope. How about Schloß Linderhof ?
Scholar
#111 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 10:41 AM
Hmm, well I get quite a French or maybe even Polish feel from this one, although I couldn't name a particular place that this specifically reminds me of.
***Edit***
It kind of reminds me of the Livadia Palace in the Crimea.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#112 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 4:31 PM
Yes, I took inspiration from the Palace of Versailles. TudorMan, why do you think that the roofs are weird? What should be changed in your opinion? I really want to make this a nice upload and I want to know of your suggestions.
Alchemist
#113 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 3:17 PM
I actually like the roof how it is hmm i've been in Austria so often but now I notice that some Austrian villas look a lot like Norwegian dragonstyle houses.

#114 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 7:24 PM
I don't see need to change the roof either. It all looks wonderful as it is. It finally dawned on me, have you used two lots to create the house and gardens?
Forum Resident
#115 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 8:24 PM
Actually the more I view the house, the more I like the roof! For some reason the roof looked funny to me cause of the angle of the screenshots.
Could you possibly take one that's closer to the street level so we could see the exterior better?

I love the garden in the rear! Its perfectly situated on the slope! I would add just a little more color though. Otherwise the garden looks grand to me!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#116 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 5:56 PM
I'm working on a little deserted cottage
As you can see I haven't done anything on the garden, neither have I on the interior. Big WIP
Screenshots

#117 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 6:49 PM
It looks gorgeous! Just like something from my dreams
I started building another deserted house a while back too, it's also a WIP and inspired by a house for sale in Galveston, TX.
Also, I swear I'll get around to sharing some pics of what I've done so far with the house you gave me.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#118 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 9:01 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 8th Aug 2013 at 10:21 PM.
Thanks Fergus. I've tried your way of curved walls below the roof. It's really hard to do the first time especially since I've added more walls and shit and then forgot the bedrooms xD

That mansion looks really nice, but a front door to the balcony looks kinda.. meh. How about the same door you've used at the back of the house for balcony access?

Now off working on the cottage, pics in a few minutes

Pictures!
Did a little gardening and added a garage

I really like how the terrainpaint and scultping came out. I'm a little proud of myself
Screenshots

#119 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 9:13 AM
Nice, the cottage looks great!
Scholar
#120 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 11:16 AM
The cottage looks cute with the landscaping, it looks more grandma's house than eerie abandoned cottage. Either way, I really like it.
I've been trying to diversify my building style and have dabbled at the Queenslander style. It's still a WIP though.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#121 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 12:23 PM
Fergus, you have a serious problem. You start buildings when the other isn't even finished. Like me.
That house looks really simple yet nice

As for my cottage. I wanted to do an older styled one, yes, but then when I painted it green I re-decided.

#122 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 4:57 PM
I have a whole world full of unfinished lots I want to upload. Lol, there's probably like 100 houses alone I want to finish before I go away to University at the end of summer.
Forum Resident
#123 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 4:54 PM
Here is my finished (I think) townhouse
It might need a little more landscaping thought but here we go
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#124 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 5:23 PM
I am glad to see the townhouse finally finished! It looks great!
Alchemist
#125 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 6:41 PM
Townhouse? More Sub-urban. It looks nice though, I like the color

Page 5 of 98