Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

james_rocks89 Glasses Sliders

by james_rocks89 Posted 3rd Jan 2010 at 12:10 PM

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 12:28 PM
Haha i just recently thought a feature like that would be great, genious man!

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 12:29 PM
Great work. Ill give it a try right away. Call me old-fashioned, but I really don't like all those massive sunglasses. Finally a way to fix it!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 12:49 PM
Thank you for making this mod; now my Sims can wear human-sized sunglasses instead of those big dinner plate things that EA thinks look good.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 2:09 PM
I didn't think something like this was even possible - great idea, will have to give it a try ASAP!
Banned
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 8:22 PM
This is pretty cool. I always have problems with the nosepeice of the glases going THROUGH the nose, because the bones aren't placed high enough up to compensate for larger bridges, so it'll help a lot I hope.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 12:17 AM
I'm glad y'all enjoyed my sliders, i have been working on a slider for the feet to make them bigger or smaller just to add person touches but im not done with that one just yet will hope to upload soon.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 4:21 AM
who found i the Slider in the CAS?

Sorry, im German

Greetings

Harald
#9 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 5:57 AM
hey Rookie ok the slider is under the edit look icon under the eyes tab then click the magnifying glass icon you should see the sliders at the bottom of the first list.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 9:13 AM
Great work. Works perfectly with all but one custom made pair of glasses. (Not your fault, I think.) Thanks.

However, I have two propositions:
  1. Better strings than "Glasses 1".
    Good german slider-names would be
    • Glasses 1: Brillenbreite
    • Glasses 2: Brillenhöhe
    • Glasses 3:Brillenwölbung
    English "Glasses width", "Glasses height" and "Glasses curving" maybe.
    If you want to, I could send you modified .package's with the german strings already worked in.
  2. Put all sliders into one .package. As I don't think that anyone would want to use just one or two of the sliders, it does not really make sense to have them all separate. Just kind of clutters the mods-folder (plus many .packages slow down game start, load and safe, I think).
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 10:22 AM
Oh yes! This is soo cool. And I cant wait for the feet slider! How long do you think it will be till that will come out? Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank You!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 2:29 AM
This is great! I can actually make glass cute. I love it. Thank you so much.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 1:17 AM
i think these are lovely but i haven't try them out yet, i already download them

THANKSSS
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 5:42 AM
I love these! Is it possible to make a slider that adjusts the height that glasses sit at? It's always hard to make glasses match where on the nose they're supposed to sit.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 19th May 2010 at 10:02 AM
Yessss! Thank you so much for fantastic and very useful mod.

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 4:52 PM
I just came across this, and I have to say this is the coolest idea I've seen in a while. Thanks for creating and sharing this with us all!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#17 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 9:01 PM
Hello james_rocks89, I moved your upload to the brandnew Slider category so it can be with its kin.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 9:58 AM
Brilliant! I've never put on glasses on my sims. Now I will.Thank you
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 7:11 PM
Wow, this is great! Thank you! But I'm just wondering, is there any way to make it so that we can change the height of the glasses on a sim's face? Because my sim's are always having a problem where the glasses sit too low on their faces like in the middle of their noses.
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cristine
Wow, this is great! Thank you! But I'm just wondering, is there any way to make it so that we can change the height of the glasses on a sim's face? Because my sim's are always having a problem where the glasses sit too low on their faces like in the middle of their noses.

S-Club Privée came out with a slider that allows you change the height of glasses on a sim's face.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 6:06 AM
Hello Thank you for the slider!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 7:10 PM
this slider has always been my favorite one. Ea seems to think out sized glasses is what every one should have..

I am thankful it has worked right up to and including1.63
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 1:20 PM
Those glasses Sliders alone do a huge difference in any starter Sims. Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 5:54 PM
thx this helped with my sims!!!