Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 12:29 AM
some guitar and piano and i sing

Smile, if your Happy
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 12:40 AM
Very young I played the violin, and in high school I played the sax. I was pretty good at both. Now, 15 years later, I can't even read music. It's sad :-(
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 1:45 AM
the recorder?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 11:25 PM
Violin since I was 9 but I got out of touch with that lol.
Self taught piano since I was 8 (I play on and off)
And guitar since I was 14 I play everyyyday I own 3 electric and one acoustic lol.

"Go to Heaven for the Climate, Hell for the company." - Mark Twain
Test Subject
#30 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 5:59 PM
I play guitar. I got my first guitar when i was 8, a classic guitar. But i didn't began to play a lot before I was 12.
I have a electric guitar also. I'm not a very good player, but I practice everyday. I can also play bass.
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 2:23 PM
I like to play Guitar. It is my hobby to play this instrument. I was playing it from my childhood. I love to create new tunes with that.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 3:10 PM
My family is pretty music oriented. I played the flute for about 5 years, I only stopped because it was an instrument that belonged to the school and I couldn't stand the only teacher available for it. I used to play the piano a bit but I wasn't to good. My best instrument is really my voice. But I do have a little brother who puts me to shame at 8 years old. He plays the piano and the drums and has declared I just don't have the co-ordination for the drums about 3 years ago. Dad does any guitar you can get him, the organ and his piano playing ability is only a little bit better than mine and mine is not too good.
Inventor
#33 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 3:35 PM
I don't play much anymore, but can play the whistle, lagerphone, spoons, recorder and guitar (the latter very badly).

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Field Researcher
#34 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 4:44 PM
I used to play piano, pretty good actually. Up until my left wrist muscles gave up (I'm lefthanded) and I could not do it any more. Sad.

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Alchemist
#35 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 5:14 PM
I've played piano since I was 10. My mum used to play when she was younger, and I decided to start, so I taught myself. 6 years later, I can play by ear, read sheets and play most music put in front of me.

I also play saxophone. I've played for about 3 years now, and due to a crap teacher, I'm only at grade one when I can actually play at around grade 4-5.

ATM I'm teaching myself violin (Quite hard IMO) and the clarinet (I don't own a clarinet yet though )
Field Researcher
#36 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 6:34 AM
I play every form of Saxophone except for bass and soprano. I own an alto and a barri

American Rocker Bomb, similar to an Irish car bomb, take a shot glass and fill it with five hour energy, then take a pint glass and fill it with your choice of energy drink. Drop in the shot glass and chug, then wait for SVT to set in.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kustirider2
The clarinet (I don't own a clarinet yet though )
I used to play the clarinet when I was at school. I didn't want to, I wanted to learn to play the piano but for some reason my dad decided that the clarinet was a better choice. I didn't own one either, I rented one from the music teacher/school.

I got given a keyboard when I was about 10, only a small one, and taught myself to play a few things. Now I'm a bit older I really want to learn so that will be on my birthday list this year (as much as I would love a piano, and we do have the room, keyboard would be easier to have in the house). I also played recorder.

My dad taught himself guitar. He plays by ear so he can pick up any tune and within a few minutes will have grasped it. He used to be in a band and I keep trying to persuade him to start it up again but I don't think he's convinced.
Alchemist
#38 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Undercovers_Agent
I play every form of Saxophone except for bass and soprano. I own an alto and a barri

Why can't you? All saxophones have the same mechanisms and fingerings.

I really want to buy a contrabass saxophone, just for laughs
Field Researcher
#39 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 5:41 PM
Acoustic guitar and piano. Not very well though.

"If the human brain was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it."

"Some things I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know."
Field Researcher
#40 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kustirider2
Why can't you? All saxophones have the same mechanisms and fingerings.

I really want to buy a contrabass saxophone, just for laughs

Fingerings on saprano are weird, like a clarinet, and I'm not tall enough to play bigger ones.

American Rocker Bomb, similar to an Irish car bomb, take a shot glass and fill it with five hour energy, then take a pint glass and fill it with your choice of energy drink. Drop in the shot glass and chug, then wait for SVT to set in.
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:31 AM
I've played the piano for ten years, but since I stopped taking lessons a year ago, my skill has gone down quite a bit. I also used to play the tenor sax. I can strum a few chords on the guitar. And I just ordered a uke a few days ago. I absolutely cannot wait for it to ship. :D
Theorist
#42 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:39 AM
Piano. I don't remember since when. it's because my mom forced me to, anyways. I'm not interested in playing musical instruments. She keeps on trying to introduce me to other instruments though. Last time, she even bought an Okarina
Alchemist
#43 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Undercovers_Agent
Fingerings on saprano are weird, like a clarinet, and I'm not tall enough to play bigger ones.

The fingerings are the same, but closer together, so yeah it is kinda like the clarinet. I'm not tall enough to play the others either. I want a tenor though
Scholar
#44 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:19 AM
I play a bit of piano and bass guitar and I have a few other small instruments (tambourine, cowbell, recorder), but I'm not particularly wonderful at those. Though, I suppose you don't have to be good to play tambourine or cowbell. I am best at singing, though this took years of practice. I intuitively understood music as a child, but my vocal quality was never all that wonderful, so it took a lot of work on my technique to make my voice better.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Oaktree
I play a bit of piano and bass guitar and I have a few other small instruments (tambourine, cowbell, recorder), but I'm not particularly wonderful at those. Though, I suppose you don't have to be good to play tambourine or cowbell. I am best at singing, though this took years of practice. I intuitively understood music as a child, but my vocal quality was never all that wonderful, so it took a lot of work on my technique to make my voice better.

Haha cowbells for the win. I don't remember what song in is bt in sims 2 there's a build mode and buy mode song I call the cowbell song, because it features a cowbell.

Test Subject
#46 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 1:17 AM
I play Drums, Bass, and a little Guitar but I'm mostly a Drummer.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:32 AM
I used to play the clarinet in 6th grade. I guess I was pretty good but I gave up short after because I thought it was boring

a few months ago I was trying to learn to play the guitar again but I can't get the hang of it. why does it have to be so complicated? one thing is idk wtf F sharp is. it's not in that notes chart I was looking at.
oh and btw I have no one to teach me.
so my guitar has just been sitting there collecting dust nowadays

I know how to play some songs with beginners books on keyboard...not much of an accomplishment but I haven't played it in a while because I do not know where my keyboard is. if I ever find it I will see if I can find some more books and start playing again.
Scholar
#48 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:34 AM
Drakesecaravdis: F sharp is (for all intents and purposes) the same as G flat, if that helps. I think I read somewhere that there is a difference of microtones between the two, but musical notation treats them as equal.
Scholar
#49 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 4:05 AM
Bassoon for almost four years. Time flies by. o_O

I played trumpet in high school and before but realized it wasn't for me. So I started bassoon in my senior year and fell in love with it. Actually I was pretty obsessed before that point, because as you can see I signed up here with this username over a year before I actually played the bassoon. I didn't actually switch in band until for my freshmen year of college... And as a music major.

I also tried clarinet shortly before I signed up here but it always really hurt my mouth for some reason. With that said, things really haven't gone anywhere with it.

I've learned piano for college, but I'm just still not any good at it. D: I was good enough to complete the required semesters, but that was it. lol

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 6:14 AM
I've played piano for 20 years (since i was 10) and slacked off for a few years here and there. Right now i'm preparing for the Grade 10 (in canada) exam. To give an idea of the level of music, here is one of the pieces I am playing for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW5A...eos=61hcEmehdDE

I also take guitar lessons and i have played clarinet and drums in the past.

I also teach piano for a living which i love.
Page 2 of 4