Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Duo Tones, Blue Slate & Amethyst - Replacement Skin Tone Slider

by missy harries Posted 17th Dec 2009 at 12:02 AM

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:25 AM
I love it. I'm defiantly going to try it right now.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:03 AM
This is amazing, thank you! Can you make other duo-color sets? Perhaps combine the red and green ones to save space? Oh and a white to black along a greyscale? *shuts up* Sorry, got overly excited.
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:15 AM
this is so much more realistic looking
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:18 AM
This is awesome! I would love if you could make a super pale skin color or just a better shade of the one in the game.
Thanks.
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rizurii
This is amazing, thank you! Can you make other duo-color sets? Perhaps combine the red and green ones to save space? Oh and a white to black along a greyscale? *shuts up* Sorry, got overly excited.

I could go for a greyscale set XD
Forum Resident
#7 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:29 AM
Ooooh, how I missed this color of skin! I'm so eager to try it out. While I like the palest tone for the blue set, I must say I'm excited for these...

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Field Researcher
#8 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:30 AM
^ Greyscale would be awesome!

This is really cool. I'm so glad it's even possible, as it never really occurred to me. Thank you for sharing it.
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:33 AM
I was wondering if you can do it for the pink skintone one?

GnKSpot||Flickr
Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair And out of my mind
Keeping an eye on the world
So many thousands of feet off the ground
I'm over you now
I'm at home in the clouds, towering over your head
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:41 AM
Quick question, and possibly a very stupid one, but to confirm: this won't interfere with default skins that I've downloaded, yes? except to change their color? Otherwise, thanks so much, can't wait to use them. ^^
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:43 AM
Absolutely marvelous, thank you so much! <3 And I so third the suggestion for greyscale. <33 Maybe replacing the green? since I've.... never used it, not once? XD
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 3:16 AM
Also requesting a greyscale. I've never used the green, either.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 6:46 AM
I have done others, theyre in the moderation que. These are not textures so they won't overwite a default. I'm using HP's.
Glad you like.

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Forum Resident
#14 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 10:52 AM
It's a great upload and i will test it out, but isn't it possible to just ADD them as new colors without replacing the old ones? For me that's a just a big downside.. :/

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 11:27 AM
Those screens look great, I'm going to try it right now. Thanks!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Slipslop
It's a great upload and i will test it out, but isn't it possible to just ADD them as new colors without replacing the old ones? For me that's a just a big downside.. :/

If I knew how to add on extra I would but since I wouldn't know where to start I did the best I could.
Your welcome to try though.

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Forum Resident
#17 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:37 PM
I did something similar, but I like your colors better. I tried for a greyscale but couldn't quite manage it. I love your midnight blue. I also think the duo color idea is brilliant. That really increases the options.

I'm so looking forward to your additional colors.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#18 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:49 PM
Ooooooo, pretty :-)
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 3:07 PM
THANK YOU!! Thank you very much!
I´ve wanted a better blue skin and a purple one since the Sims 3 came out.

Now I´ll be able to create an authentic and purple Night Elf from the World of Warcraft! Wiiiiiiii!!! *o*

PD: Sorry for my bad English. ^^U
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 3:12 PM
OK now here's something for the zombie SIMS! ,,good work,,,ThAnKs!
Instructor
#21 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 10:00 PM
perfect for fantasy sims. overall better than the orginal realism rocks! awesome and innovative download. Thank- you!
Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 10:25 PM
Yes! I was looking around about a week ago and requesting a skin slider! Thank you! <3
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 1:03 AM
Wow. I don't think words could describe how much I wanted different coloured skintones. Why EA didn't make the skintones use the same type of colour feature as everything else in the game is beyond me.

Any chances of making black, white, or maybe even a more vibrant purple and blue (I like the blue-blue, and would love a purple-purple myself) in the future?
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 11:50 AM
oh, this looks a bit like avatar, it's awesome! I gotta learn how to do things in the sims or i'll just have to wait for downloads to come out all y life >.<
Field Researcher
#25 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lightmist
Wow. I don't think words could describe how much I wanted different coloured skintones. Why EA didn't make the skintones use the same type of colour feature as everything else in the game is beyond me.

Any chances of making black, white, or maybe even a more vibrant purple and blue (I like the blue-blue, and would love a purple-purple myself) in the future?

i second this!
Page 1 of 2