Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#76 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 8:10 PM
Sorry, it's a no-go for me too. Seems like the only way to crack this one will be with the mesh tool.... ....and I'm too stupid and busy to figure out how to do that right now.
Advertisement
Space Pony
Original Poster
#77 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 9:35 PM
Hi

Gosh - I don't know what's up with this one. I'll have some time tomorrow to have another look - sorry i have been way too busy with work lately.
Test Subject
#78 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 5:22 PM
Now if you could crack this one I would be extremely happy. The female super chef outfit would make an excellent mesh for a Karate Gi. Unfortunately when I have been following your method to export the euro blue outfit, only the china purple shows up in bodyshop. If you then export, you get the euro blue outfit as the texture file. Very weird...
Field Researcher
#79 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 8:13 PM
That's why I wanted it as well; my first excursion into costume extraction was motived by the damn superchef outfit, and nobody has been able to figure out why the darn thing always references the shiny china purple texture no matter what you do.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 12:59 AM
Default Questions, questions and more questions
WHAT is an instance number and where do I find it?
How do I see the actual outfits in the name map? (nope, clicking on plug-ins gave me no pictures)

How do I apply that outfit to a specific sim?

That's as far as I got cause I didn't have any clue what you were talking about past that point.

Gillian
Field Researcher
#81 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 11:50 PM Last edited by ThomasRiordan : 19th Feb 2005 at 11:52 PM.
simsister2004, the file you're looking for should be inside of a sub-folder in you project folder. There should be 4 folders, Geometic Data, Resource Node, Geometic Node and Shape (see attached pic). Inside of each of these folders should be a an xml file. This what you'd want to add to your file depending on which file it states. So at step 8 you'd add the file in the resource node folder.

I'll try writing up a simpler tutorial some time since this one is kinda difficult to follow and the steps have been changed as SimPE developed. You don't need to use MTBeer's file as a base any more. You can use any file you export from Body Shop as long as it's in the same age/gender group as the one you want to add.
Screenshots
#82 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 4:30 PM
Default SimPe
I dont know if you have been asked this question but, Please can i just ask how do you get SimPe? Because i dont know how.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 8:00 PM
simsister 2004, the tutorial is now up in the tutorials section of my site. Link in sig. I've also added your request for the female army outfit since it's the one I used to write the tutorial. That's in the clothing section. Sorry, it took me so long to get to it.

xxx_jenny_sophie_xxx go to http://sims.ambertation.de/ and click on download. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click yes you understand. Go down to bianary files setup and download the SimPE Setup Exe (you can also download a rar version but if you're in experienced with the program the exe works better). Once it's downloaded run the Exe file and it will install SimPE for you. There's plenty of tutorials around to take you from there.
#84 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xxx_jenny_sophie_xxx
I dont know if you have been asked this question but, Please can i just ask how do you get SimPe? Because i dont know how.

You can download it here: http://sims.ambertation.de/realdownload.shtml
Space Pony
Original Poster
#85 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 10:50 AM Last edited by Morague : 24th Feb 2005 at 6:33 AM. Reason: Edited to delete the example as I have submitted it to the Downloads section
Default Super Chef outfit - please test
Hi

OK - attached is AF China Blue - it is the purple outfit changed to the color blue. Please let me know if anyone else has any trouble changing or modifying this one. If not I'll go ahead & post it for downloading in the clothing section. I don't like to add attachments to these threads but this outfit has caused so much grief I really want to make sure it is now correct.

Incidentally while trying to figure this one out I think I have found a way to give bump maps to clothing that doesn't currently have them, but I'll need to do some more testing to make sure.

Thanks!

Morague
Test Subject
#86 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 12:00 PM Last edited by lawreh00 : 22nd Feb 2005 at 4:08 PM.
Hi Morague, how did you manage this? I exported the material definition for the china purple reflected from sims02.package but inserting this into my file makes the data uncompressed. I had just 2 texture images, the original and reflectionsparking-envcube from the textures.package and the file was working fine. However trying to create a new outfit from the original deleted the non-compressed data… I’ll take a look at yours and get back to you :D

*EDIT* Appears fine, thanks. However I've changed the reflectivity, stdMatEnvCubeCoef & stdMatSpecCoef to 0.03 on mine ;-)
Screenshots
Space Pony
Original Poster
#87 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 6:46 PM
Thanks for letting me know.

Because this outfit has that reflective part I needed a regular outfit that also has it & the only one I could find is the orange teen dress so I started with it. Then I changed that into an adult mesh & exported it so I would have a base to work from. Because that dress also has bump maps I had to make a bump for the China Purple outfit - I didn't spend much time on this bump because it was just a test - I just copied the original, made it grayscale & then converted it back to high color & save it as a bump. Then, using the adult version reflective base I just followed my basic procedure - importing the LIFOs, changing the Shape & Resource Node information then saving.
Test Subject
#88 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 9:07 PM
Thanks very much.
Test Subject
#89 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 9:39 PM
can anybody here make an grim reaper costume without lei
Test Subject
#90 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morague
OK - attached is AF China Blue - it is the purple outfit changed to the color blue.

Congratulations on cracking this one!

I am not a number, I am a free man
Test Subject
#91 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 6:25 AM
I've got a question.
"15) Go to your My Documents\EA Games\Download & delete the working.package (or whatever you named it)"
what exactly do I delete. where is it folder downloads or am soposed to download something
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 4:00 PM
Want to extract the lab coat for story purposes.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#93 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 10:16 AM
When you import an outfit into the game, Bosy Shop saves it in the Saved Sims folder (usually) but I have also found them in the Downloads folder. Basically you are deleting the first outfit package you made, because if you follow the tutorial, you make an outfit that you modify, then you use that to export a project & then import that new project back into the game - the reason for this is so that the thumbnail gets corrected.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#94 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 10:19 AM
Dkelly - the Lab coat has already been extracted. Try http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=38750 or go to the Outfits Download forum 7 ssearch that forum for unlocked & you'll turn it up.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 8:18 PM
Default This is how to unlock the clothing
Can someone help me, because I don't know wat to click on in SimPE to get to this part>>1) Open Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Sims06.package in SimPe. I went to Prime the Sims2 site to check out the tutorial, but still can't grisp it, I need more detail.(meaning I need to know wat to click on, enorder for me to Name Map. :confused:
Space Pony
Original Poster
#96 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 11:50 PM
File menu >> Open then navigate to the Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\ & pick the Sims06.package
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 7:09 PM
Ok Ill try it right away, and keep you posted.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 10:48 PM
ok i clicked on the file option in Simpe, and than the open option. But I am really having trouble navigating to the program file. I need more help in detail sorry :confused:
Field Researcher
#99 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 2:29 PM
Yeeee-ha! I did it! Only screwed it up once! Thank you thank you thank you!
#100 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 6:55 AM
Apologies for me being a dork - but following the tutorial above, does that allow me to unlock the "packages" of clothing? I have WinRAR and can do .rar and .zip both, but was wondering why the packages don't seem to work (file type not recognised with Body Shop) while the individual items can be updated without a single hitch?
Am I missing the point!? Sooo lost for some reason :s !!!
Could anyone point me in the right direction (or post a link to the right thread if I've just made a complete ass of myself?!)

Thanks you guys are all legends (and freakishly good at creating completely custom images) - one day when I figure this all out I'll post my stuff on here to share, too.
ta x

Kelboo
Page 4 of 9