Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 1:22 AM
Ah, will try. Thanks again Faylen!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 6:17 PM
You have no idea how much you just helped me! Thank you so much!
#28 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 8:02 AM
:Domg, luv ya 4 dat! now i can create sum nirvana fan skins 4 mi teenagers:D

thanks again!--+-+@
#29 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 12:45 AM
Hello when ever I send the object to my TS2 game it always makes the sim fuzzy can you help me?
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 12:52 AM
It's probably the graphics settings in your game. When you're in the neighborhood and you see the three dots icon in the lower left, click it and set your graphics higher.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
#31 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 4:02 PM
Thanks but i dont think they will have kimono outfits and demon slayer otufits for Sango from the show Inuyasha i guess this just wont help
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 7:07 PM
T
H
A
N
K
S
!
U R da Best!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 2:29 AM
I have a question.... well I've already done some clothes etc etc, and everything seems to be ok, but when I put them on the game (this happens with make-up and clothes) it looks mmm with little squares (don't know the word in english), for exmaple if I write something on a T-shirt It can't be read on the game, but just on the game, cos on the Bodyshop everything looks ok.... what can I do? do I have to change any formar like 286 colors or something like that?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 3:23 AM
It's called "pixelated". You need to set the graphics on your game higher, easy (click on the ... in the lower left corner) or hard (you need a new graphics card.)

Lab Assistant
#35 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 10:14 PM
thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 2:56 AM
It seems so much easier.
And now that I have gotten 3 more programs, I will be meshing and skinning in no time!

PS. Would Adobe Photoshop CS2 be good enough for this tutorial?
Test Subject
#37 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 5:50 PM
Thank You so much, I'm having trouble getting pinks,yellow and orange. But this is great I can now recolor.
Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 12:46 AM
Your first tutorial was wonderful and very easy to use, but I'm having problems with recoloring select areas. After I recolor and save I can't get the new creation to show up on the manniquin in bodyshop. I don't know if its me or my computer, can anyone help. Please keepit simple I'm really new to this.
Thanks
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 1:30 AM
Sorry I can't help I haven't gotten that far yet. I want to learn next how to clone a sim I need to have different heads in my game then maybe they will show up if I install Uni again.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 9:04 AM
Great tutorial, I don't have photoshop though. *sighs*

*~*~*~*~MTS2*~*~*~*~
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny.
(")_(")Copy and paste him into your signature!

I Can Now Recolour Any Outfit In The Sims 2 Using Adobe Photoshop CS2, So If You Want To Request A Recolour Of A Mesh (MAXIS ONLY!), Give Me A Shout!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by binky26205
Your first tutorial was wonderful and very easy to use, but I'm having problems with recoloring select areas. After I recolor and save I can't get the new creation to show up on the manniquin in bodyshop. I don't know if its me or my computer, can anyone help. Please keepit simple I'm really new to this.
Thanks

Just make sure you are selecting "save as" instead of save.

Test Subject
#42 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 3:04 AM
Hello, me again. Thank you for answering my post, I went back and tried after work today and it worked. I did the exact same things I did yesterday, it may just have been something with my computer. Anyway, things look great and thank you for your wonderful tutorials.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 10:07 PM
alright on to step 2. thanks bunches!!!!
*heads off to make different colored boots* lol
#44 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 11:35 PM
Thanks, your awesome!
Test Subject
#45 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 12:06 AM
Hey Hey Hey Just Wanted To Thank You For Shakin Ur Thang And Gettin Me Destructions On How To Make Clothes!!!! Lol Thanks Alot Love Ya (i Say That To Everone)
Scholar
#46 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 2:42 AM
This Tut just dont work for me,
The Images just dont show up.

-----Casey

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#47 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 7:50 AM
Difficult to help you when you don't explain exactly what you have tried and how far you've gotten. This is a slightly advanced clothing recoloring tutorial, have you successfully edited clothing using this one - http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=39088
Scholar
#48 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Difficult to help you when you don't explain exactly what you have tried and how far you've gotten. This is a slightly advanced clothing recoloring tutorial, have you successfully edited clothing using this one - http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=39088

Its not difficult at all if your on the right page!!!!!!

Yes ,,i tried that site too,the one that RGiles reformatted for her, its just that images wasn't showing up on(the thumb nails or the pop up images) either sites.

RGiles reformatted: Faylen's Clothing Recolor Tutorial Part 1: Basic Recoloring
I want to learn to do Selective Recoloring-This one is Basic Recoloring.

This thread is: Faylen's Clothing Recolor Tutorial Part 2: Selective Recoloring
Wasn't Working Either.....the 2 url's aren't the same

But today its working,after i pm'd her, thanks for being concerned.

Thank you Faylen for the tutorials, just hope i can translate it from photoshop to psp8,lol.

Thanks everyone

-----Casey

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Test Subject
#49 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 10:30 AM
After knowing how to work with PSP, this one was quite easy. But what a difference it makes. My work has become soooooo much better in just a couple of weeks time. Thank you ever so much!
#50 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 4:08 AM
i have a question..i am one of those simmmers who is afraid to download other people's sims creations for fear i'll get a virus so i recently decided to start creating my own items..recoloring skins and objects..just the basics..in one object recolor tutorial it said requirements:simpe.microsoft.net framework version 1.1(which i'm in the process of downloading both right now)..then it said an image editor..but other tutorials they always use photoshop or paint shop pro..but those cost money or a 2 day trial download and i one don't have the time for a download and i'm also only 16 so i can not buy that expensive software..so i found and image editor serif photoplus for free i'm in the process of downloading that as well..will having an image editor other then paint shop pro or photoshop affect my ability to recolor objects or will it not make any difference at all??

thank you most sincerely,
crystal

p.s please excuse my lack of puntuation i was in a hurry and did not have time to check it..i think most of the spelling is correct..if not i do apologize.
Page 2 of 5