Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Camp Crystal Lake - a family holiday park

by ninotchka Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 4:08 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2010 at 11:33 PM by ninotchka : typos

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 5:07 PM Last edited by unknownpheonix : 6th Feb 2010 at 5:12 PM. Reason: update
I really like this. Its beautifully decorated, or is landscaped the correct term? lol. But anyway I definately downloaded and I am going to try it probably today. Thanks

ok so I was going to download but I keep getting a network timeout. Idk if its a problem on my end or if the download is messed up. Grr
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 5:07 PM
Nice job. But, where's Jason? xP
Banned
#4 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 6:52 PM
Nostalgia like mad. This is totally SIms Vacation vibe.
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 7:12 PM
wow nice i guess the mummy finally got Jason? lol

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 10:40 PM
perfect <3 it looks amazing. cant wait to see in game
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 11:08 PM
Looks really Nice! You don't have Jason hidden anywhere do you?
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 11:30 PM
unknownphoenix - Thanks! I tested the download, works fine here. Try downloading it again?

Thanks guys! Jason is the one holding the baby Having an angry, non talking, psychotic, serial killing sim in this camp would be great though....
Forum Resident
#9 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 7:23 AM
Great job!

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 4:26 PM
Hi Ninotchka,

the campsite is wonderful ! That's a nice addition to the neighbourhood.

One question : how did you manage to pitch the tents ? I tried to add some tents to some other community lots through the buydebug. And they only appear folded in the bag. And there is no other option than clone through the testingcheatsenabled.
Can you help me solve this mysterious issue please ?
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 11:02 PM
Thanks Winterhart and Matthew,

First make sure the lot you use is set to "residential".
I too used the testingcheatsenabled true and buydebug cheat to first get the tents (they were folded up) and then I used a Sim to buy the lot, and "place" (ptich) the tents. I evicted that Sim, changed the lot to Community and voila!
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 10:03 PM
Very nice camp site. I too immediately thought you had created the Friday the 13th Crystal Lake... I suppose I could still always make Jason myself and put him in there.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 4:36 AM
Great Job! But one question...How did you get a baby on the lot? Was that when you had the lot as residential? I know we can take toddlers to community lots but didn't think you could take a baby to one.

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 5:07 AM
Thanks Robinkom and Mimi

Mimi - I just directed the female of the household to visit the camp site, and the game asked me who else (in the household) should go along - her partner was holding the baby at the same time, and I opted for him to come along too. So they all bundled into a cab and arrived at the site lol I didn't test whether or not they would take the baby with them into the tent though....poor bub...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 6:05 PM
Looks really nice, you have done a good job.

I manged to unlock the tents in their erected form so you can get them in build mode under community objects, so you don't need to get sims to put them up. They are at the following link

http://www.prettysims.com/index.php...a=view;down=143
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 12:32 PM
This is a super camp ground you've done an great job of making it look realistic.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 9:51 PM
This brings back memories from Sims 2 Bon Voyage, Three Lakes.
I absolutely love the detail.
Thank you <3
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 1:32 PM
Wow, this is really great work. Thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 9:34 PM
OK! I'm having a serious problem!!! I'm addicted to your lots! This is the third one I've downloaded today! Great job!!!! You are very creative!
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 10:22 PM Last edited by ninotchka : 18th Mar 2010 at 12:16 AM.
Thank you guys for such positive feedback

Koololdster, that's a pretty kool problem to have, in my book , thanks
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 8:28 PM
This would make an awesome base camp if we could ever create new destinations. Great job!
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th May 2010 at 2:16 AM
I love you.
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 11:39 PM
I can't seem to put it down anywhere in Twinbrook. Bummer. Will have to move to another city to use this i guess.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gentjt36
I can't seem to put it down anywhere in Twinbrook. Bummer. Will have to move to another city to use this i guess.

Hi genjt,
This was originally built next to the waterfall in Sunset Valley and has a unique size as a lot. What you could do, is place an empty, slightly bigger lot down somewhere in Twinbrook (where it's flat and the game allows you to do so) and then try placing this lot down.

It might mean that you have some empty spaces around the perimeter but you can fill that in with some more shrubs/trees

Check the Sims 3 EA Freebies List for some awesome freebie downloads!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:49 AM
I'm curious. If they ever create a Sims 3 expansion pack where you can kill people (I know they won't, but still), are you gonna add a Jason NPC to go with Camp Crystal Lake. It would be very befitting. Wait, maybe it's possible to take the mummy model and make it look like Jason...that would be a lot of work though. But nonetheless, really nice job!
Page 1 of 2