Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vintage Barbie Collection: Solo in the Spotlight

by nichellerj Posted 14th Feb 2010 at 4:40 AM

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 9:29 AM
Thanks so much for Barbie. Please – make more? I’m in my Fifties and still have old and new Barbie dolls Collections. What about the styles from the “baby-boomers” where it was high heels and tight fit skirts? Someone did made her 1st t Swim costume.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 12:42 PM
I like these vintage dresses, good work!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 1:41 PM
I have both Kisuragi Honey (a Manga character) and Jessica Rabbit among my sims. Boyoboy are they ever going to be happy with your "Barbie" dresses!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Zombie Socks
#5 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 4:15 PM
I totally love Barbies! I have a collection of them and even have magazines full of vintage barbies. This is a really great outfit and I must say it's great to have some Barbie clothes in my download folder.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 5:18 PM
This is so excellent!! One of the all time classics! Love the sparkle, glittery texture too! Thanks!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 6:22 PM
A most excellent translation of the elegance of Barbie.

If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 11:33 PM
OMG..the most famous Barbie look ever! You have done it wonderfully. I have put forth more than once that Sims are my grown up version of Barbies, and you are fulfilling that fantasy! Keep em coming!

All my creations are free to use, no permission required. Make any changes that you want, as long as you don't upload it as your own work. Please visit us at http://TheIsleofCatarinaSims.com .We are former members of SapphireSims2, and have creations for Sims 2,3,and 4.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 11:44 PM
YES! I was hoping you'd do this one! If you can find the appropriate mesh, will you do "Enchanted Evening?" I love that outfit too!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
YES! I was hoping you'd do this one! If you can find the appropriate mesh, will you do "Enchanted Evening?" I love that outfit too!

I really, really want to make that dress but I haven't found a mesh for it just yet! I could make one with one of the fuller dress meshes I've found, though it wouldn't be completely accurate. I'd also need to find a fur stole mesh, but I don't know if one exists yet.

If anyone would be up for meshing or knows where I could find a good one feel free to contact me!

G.K. Chesterton said, “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 1:08 AM
OMG! HUGE Barbie Collector! I LOVE THIS! You did AWESOME! I love that you even got the little rose on there too! You have to do the black and white swim suit. Others have done it, but they're only ok, you could do GREAT! I will make sure my vintage Barbie in my game gets this dress!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 2:15 AM
I LOVE this idea so so much, and your execution of it is flawless!
Instructor
#13 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 4:56 AM
I'm a Barbie collector too... this is also one of my favorites! Wonderful job!

- Bre (Buckingham Alice)
Creating can take hours, days, or even weeks. Saying "thank you" only takes one click. :)
Instructor
#14 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 3:27 PM
:love: I grew out of Barbies years ago, but these vintage fashions is beyond enough to make me happy.

(my ideal fashion world would be a blend of 60s, 80s, and Victorian England!)

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 2:53 AM
Love it! You should do the 1959 bathing suit, but with the black mule open toe heels! Or her adorable garden party dress. Again fabulous job!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 11:15 PM
Great, I love it. I hope you continue a 1960/50's set.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 1:28 AM
oh my goodness. This is gorgeous!
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:31 AM
gorgeous!
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 11:40 AM
very nicely done, I really like the model too.
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 9:48 PM
This is a great look. I think that rose detail would look great with the short cut with the rose that comes with Open for Business.
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 6:05 PM
love the gown, i am very into retro. where did you get the hair?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faeriegoth
love the gown, i am very into retro. where did you get the hair?

The hair came with Apartment Life.

G.K. Chesterton said, “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
Scholar
#23 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:51 PM
Very lovely dress, reminds me when I used to play with dolls, now I can make my sims look like the famous doll herself, thank you :D

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"

Yet another Tumblr
Livejournal
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 7:04 PM
I love all of your vintage Barbie stuff! I'm a barbie lover myself Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 2:58 AM
O to the M to the G! This is the most beatiful dress ever!
Page 1 of 2