Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stars At Night For The Sims 2

by joninmobile Posted 5th Mar 2010 at 12:07 AM - Updated 1st Jun 2010 at 8:23 PM by joninmobile

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 5:04 AM
im gonna test it .. XD
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 6:18 AM
I seriosly have been pondering a mod to add stars at night and clouds in the day. I've also been trying to figure out how to somehow place flat images off in the ditance to appear has houses so it''s not just blank. Any way very very cool.
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 6:26 AM
You know, you can just turn neighbors on in your gameplay options to see houses. You can turn clickable neighbors on (with EP) so you can visit the lots.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 11:41 AM
very nice work love it! can you maybe add full moon as well something like ts3 ?
Inventor
#6 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 12:40 PM
Great idea. I haven't even recognized there aren't any stars in Sims 2 yet^^
Instructor
#7 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 2:02 PM
I think I've told you before how I love this mod. Also, straight up, there are a lot more stars than near the horizon. It's all lovely.
Scholar
#8 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 6:41 PM
well this mod is good, but if you have, I think Al, you already have stars on the sky, and there are a lot of them, you just need to use the 45 angle view and look outside at night.

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 8:47 PM
Interesting idea, I'll try it out.
Banned
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pegasaus
well this mod is good, but if you have, I think Al, you already have stars on the sky, and there are a lot of them, you just need to use the 45 angle view and look outside at night.

hmmm I have Apartment Life, and I was never able to see stars. I think this must be better than the in-game Apartment Life (or EP) stars because they are more visible, I don't even know how to go to 45 degree angle, do you mean using the G key?
Instructor
#11 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 11:59 PM
I second the wish for a moon. How romantic that would be. In the meantime thank you for the stars. Love them.
Scholar
#12 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 1:38 AM
Jon, when yu're in build and buy, there's a slanty icon with an arrow in the same section where the birds-eye-view icon is, and you click on that and get the 45 degree angle.
Banned
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 2:06 AM
Hmm I didn't see any stars when I went into 45 degree angle view, except for my own, and I saw more of them there. I have all EPs and SPs. The neat thing about these stars is though, you don't have to access 45 degree mode, they can be seen in live mode.
Alchemist
#14 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 1:11 AM
I think Eaxis stars and moons were visible in pre-Seasons games, but disappeared after that - from memory of other threads.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 1:19 AM
As far as I remember there have always been stars, a moon (sometimes two), clouds and a sun. This changed when seasons was released though and the sky was flat colour during the day and the stars at night were then only visible at the very top of the sky 'dome'.
I was PM'd a while back to see if I could mod it back to how it was pre-Seasons but I don't have the know how. Seeing as you've made this progress maybe you would want to look into it?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
I second the wish for a moon. How romantic that would be. In the meantime thank you for the stars. Love them.

Over at TSR someone made a moon in three phases for the sims2, I have it and it looks wonderful!!!!
Instructor
#17 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by viper98663
Over at TSR someone made a moon in three phases for the sims2, I have it and it looks wonderful!!!!

Thank you pointing this out but is not much of help. Firstly is it free and if yes, could we have a link. If no, I believe you may have violated the rules of this forum.
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 2:49 PM
Yay thanks so much the sims 2 was always missing this!
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
Thank you pointing this out but is not much of help. Firstly is it free and if yes, could we have a link. If no, I believe you may have violated the rules of this forum.

i was looking and i found that it doesnt spam because this is a website that gives u subscriber items for free
http://ls.paysites.mustbedestroyed....tsr/sim_man123/
Banned
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 6:27 PM
As far as I know, it's okay to discuss pay content, but not okay to show pictures of it in your uploads, or use content that is pay in your uploads. And sorry to tell you, but even stuff from the booty is still considered pay.
Instructor
#21 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Beagles13
i was looking and i found that it doesnt spam because this is a website that gives u subscriber items for free
http://ls.paysites.mustbedestroyed....tsr/sim_man123/

Ahhhh, interesting! Thank you again. I was not sure if just writing about pay sites is ok or not. Thanks for clearing this up joinmobile.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#22 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 1:16 AM
Thanks "joninmobile" now my sims can really star gaze.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 6:31 PM
Hi! Because i live in england not very many stars show up so this looks just like our midnight sky!

IM THE DEFENDER OF CHEESE! <(^-^)>
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th May 2010 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luvs2Eat
Hi! Because i live in england not very many stars show up so this looks just like our midnight sky!

your right it does though we get a bit more.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th May 2010 at 6:56 AM
thank you! my stars disappeared after NL i think.
Page 1 of 2