Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Duo Seperation - Blue Slate and Amethyst

by missy harries Posted 30th Mar 2010 at 6:02 PM - Updated 12th Aug 2011 at 8:40 PM by missy harries

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 7:18 PM
thank you thank you! i love the extra skin tones but having two in one slider messed with my genetics expectations too much.
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 7:32 PM
Glad you could finally separate them, missy. This will be so much better. Now to edit some sims. Thanks!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 7:39 PM
I know, I hated having two on one slider also but when I made them we didn't know how to add sliders then! I have taken my time though, sorry guys......

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Forum Resident
#5 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 8:17 PM
These are fantastic.

Did you run into pixelation problems with the darker tones? I had a lot of trouble when I worked with very dark tones.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jmtmom
These are fantastic.

Did you run into pixelation problems with the darker tones? I had a lot of trouble when I worked with very dark tones.

No, I now have a method with dark tones, select the dark end with selection tool and use the gradient tool with your dark colour and the mid tone where the selection ends, fill the selection with the gradient and you'll have nice smooth blending with no pixilation. Thats also a good trick if you want the hue or saturation to change slightly as you go up. All my ramps have hue/saturation change as they go up since I'm rarely happy with light/dark variants of the one tone and the dark ends are very de-saturated compared to the rest. :p

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 1:29 AM
Thanks for the tip, now I just have to figure out what it means in paint.net, I don't have photo shop.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jmtmom
Thanks for the tip, now I just have to figure out what it means in paint.net, I don't have photo shop.

Ah sorry!!! I use gimp so I couldn't tell you what it means..... Do you have a selection tool and a gradient tool? if so then i'll work.

Forum Resident
#9 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 7:24 AM
I have used gimp before, I'll check that too.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 8:05 AM
Simply brilliant, as are your other skintones. Wonder if this will keep my blue-toned and purple-toned sim couples from occasionally spawning grey babies this time around? XD
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 10:46 PM
Thanks, I am replacing you duo tones with all of these
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 6:35 AM
These are brilliant. I have a really stupid question, though: Are the skins available for toddlers through elders, or just adults?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 8:51 AM
All ages : )

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 5:46 AM
Awesome! They come out so beautifully in the game, by the way. Excellent work!
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th May 2011 at 1:07 AM
It won't let me view the page for the UI mod. Any idea why?
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yuki_wolf
It won't let me view the page for the UI mod. Any idea why?

I get the same problem.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 8:37 PM
Oops, sorry guys, UI Mod not needed now with the latest patches. I'll update.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 7:47 PM
Uh, they seem to be replacing my default skins. How do I get the extra skin chooser?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 7:55 PM
If you don't want a default replacement then make sure only the
missy harries_Seperation_Blue Slate.rar and missy harries_Seperation_Amethyst.rar are in your mods folder : ) they'll show up as extra tones.

Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missy harries
If you don't want a default replacement then make sure only the
missy harries_Seperation_Blue Slate.rar and missy harries_Seperation_Amethyst.rar are in your mods folder : ) they'll show up as extra tones.

I did that. When I use it I get 6 sections and the 'non default' ones show the foulder Icon, so it still replaces the defaults... sort of.
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:08 PM
And besides, I keep hearing that the latest update is 1.7. The latest patch I see is 8.0.152. Where is this 1.7 coming from?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:09 PM
Hmmm, thats strange
Is your game fully patched to date? With the latest patches you should be able to use mouse wheel to scroll down to exra tones and as long as you have just one of my default files or no default and both separated tones it should work fine. Problems usually only jump up if someone puts two tone mods in that both replace the same default.

Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missy harries
Hmmm, thats strange
Is your game fully patched to date? With the latest patches you should be able to use mouse wheel to scroll down to exra tones and as long as you have just one of my default files or no default and both separated tones it should work fine. Problems usually only jump up if someone puts two tone mods in that both replace the same default.

OH! DOH! I didn't see a Scroll bar so I didn't think to do that. Never mind.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teh-Lucario
OH! DOH! I didn't see a Scroll bar so I didn't think to do that. Never mind.

Lol, we've all done something like that don't worry

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 5:39 PM
I have been contemplating doing some experiments into creating some drow (a tyle of D&D dark elf with black skin and white hair) sims and your blue slate skintone looks like it may do the job for them.
Page 1 of 2