Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 1st May 2010 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SunnieJ
If you shop in game there's some of the items that the links didn't work for for me. There's some xmas stuff and a couple menorahs

Menorahs, eh? Gotta get me one of those.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 1st May 2010 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ninotchka
Hey guys, I was just reading the Exchange forums and EA have realeased some great new Freebies!

http://gb.store.thesims3.com/renault.html

It's a renault eco car plus eco pack with solar panels, windmill etc woot!

OMG! This car is adorable and exactly something that belongs in the TS3. Why hasn't EA advertised this? Weird.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 1st May 2010 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
OMG! This car is adorable and exactly something that belongs in the TS3. Why hasn't EA advertised this? Weird.

They did, outside the US and Canada. We can't download it from the US or Canada sites, but the majority of the rest of the world can. We were not being targeted by the company who is making the real version of that car, so we aren't supposed to get the sim version. Good thing EA makes it easy to get around this.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 4th May 2010 at 11:26 AM
Did anyone actualy manage to use the charging station that came with the eco pack or is it just decorative?
Forum Resident
#55 Old 4th May 2010 at 12:06 PM
Its just decorative. There are a lot of people on the BBS mad that it doesn't at least have parking spots on it.
Test Subject
#56 Old 4th May 2010 at 2:25 PM
Much thanks to everyone!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 4th May 2010 at 4:43 PM
For the Dr. Pepper Codes, I joined this website http://www.listia.com/signup/79525 - they give you "points" just for signing up - which you then use to bid on things - like the Dr. Pepper codes. I got 4 codes from there without spending a penny. (I hope it was okay to put that link here - I don't drink Dr. Pepper and I found this a good way to get the codes without spending money).
Scholar
#58 Old 4th May 2010 at 11:22 PM
Thanks for the tip, Daelda! I'm awaiting my code now. Got most of the objects when they were free at the store, but I don't recall the car ever being up for grabs.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 5th May 2010 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
Thanks for the tip, Daelda! I'm awaiting my code now. Got most of the objects when they were free at the store, but I don't recall the car ever being up for grabs.

Glad I could help! I got all 10 Dr. Pepper items - and didn't buy a single Dr. Pepper. I seem to have missed out on several of the "Free" Items (My computer went down for 3 months), so I'm a little bit of a sad panda ...but I am VERY glad for the tips in this thread - 'cuz I got at least 6 other items that I never knew about! :D
transmogrified
retired moderator
#60 Old 6th May 2010 at 9:32 PM
New freebie: Lucky Duckie top, adult male.

(Sometimes, free is just a 4-letter word. But so is duck.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#61 Old 11th May 2010 at 9:00 PM
Nice one Mangaroo, I just spat chai all over my keyboard

Apparently there is also a freebie rubber ducky top for girls (child), but it can only be accessed via the the in-game store button (no link for this)

Check the Sims 3 EA Freebies List for some awesome freebie downloads!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 12th May 2010 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ninotchka
Nice one Mangaroo, I just spat chai all over my keyboard

Apparently there is also a freebie rubber ducky top for girls (child), but it can only be accessed via the the in-game store button (no link for this)

Thanky! I just downloaded "The Lucky Ducky Junior", exclusive freebie in the in-game store.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 5:50 PM Last edited by gobot101 : 3rd Jun 2010 at 7:24 PM.
Not really sure if it is fully up yet, since none of the screenshots work, but later today there will be a new free set in the store called "Goal!" Surprising how large of a set it is being free, 18 items. We just have to see what really those 18 items are. But if you can't guess, the set has to do with The World Cup. The link is here. There are also three new pay sets, "It's Game Time" which is more sports stuff, "Create your own sports cave or turn your entire home into a mini stadium!" And there is also "Beach Bummin’" which looks like it will be summer clothes, and "Island Villa."

Edit: All the sets are up on the site now.
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 11:52 PM
Nice find, Gobot

Forum Resident
#65 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 12:15 AM
And a note about the free set, it says there are 18 items, 8 shirts for male, 8 for female, and then 2 pairs of shorts. That isn't all that true. I haven't checked for males yet, but I assume it is the same as females, but there are 32 shirts, one for each of the 32 teams in the World Cup.
Scholar
#66 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 1:41 AM
Oh, how cool is that! There's even one for Brazil. I hope we win the world cup this year. D:
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 3:56 PM
They have made a "Gifts!" category for the free sets now. :D
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moeppl
They have made a "Gifts!" category for the free sets now. :D

I'm really happy with that. It saves me time and I don't have to wade through the whole store looking for freebies.
Test Subject
#69 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 8:24 PM
Really kewl stuff peeps.
I had seen the Renault in the news once, but little talk of it here in US other than the one news cast.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 2:14 AM
I just downloaded the Goal! set and it is well worth the download. Nice shirts and shorts.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 2:34 PM
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 3:24 PM
That is a cute bookshelf. I just downloaded it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#73 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 11:21 PM
Again Gobot, uber find - thank you It looks like part of the Faire (Fairy/Elven) set - I love it! I'll update the thread title

Test Subject
#74 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 7:58 PM
Thanks to all of you for sharing your links, I think it's awful that they put out free stuff then pull it. I tried to find a link to a freebie Banquett Fan I downloaded some time ago but it's no longer available. Thanks again!
Mad Poster
#75 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 5:16 PM
Yeah, ami, I missed that fan and have been searching for a link ever since.
Moeppl, I can't find the "gifts" section. Is it still there?
Does anyone know where I can get the Prius. The one that was free with the original game. It's on my "purchase list" but the link doesn't work.
Thanks!!
Page 3 of 25