Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SteamPunk Scooter

by wintermuteai1 Posted 16th Apr 2010 at 7:57 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2010 at 1:42 AM by wintermuteai1

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 8:51 PM
Awesome! I think it is very cool. :D
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 9:02 PM
How awesome! This is just what my latest Sims needed, since they're favorite style is Steampunk! Thank you so much for sharing this great ride!
Zombie Socks
#4 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 10:24 PM
Eeeeeeee! This is so cool! Thank you so much! Just what I didn't know I needed but now totally do!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 11:12 PM
*deep inhaling*

WHOA, amazing!! Thanks so much!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 11:35 PM
Great idea, great execution!
Scholar
#7 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 11:48 PM
Very creativ, cool stuff! Thanks.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 11:50 PM
Fantastic!
Tentacle Of Righteousness
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 1:06 AM Last edited by wintermuteai1 : 17th Apr 2010 at 1:44 AM.
Ok, thanks all.
I had EsmeraldaF test this and I might need to fix it. I am not used to using TSR Workshop and EsmeraldaF says there is a pattern/texture problem when she tested it in her game. Can anyone else confirm this? I will do my best to fix this if it has a problem.

EDIT:TSRW apparently did not include the textures in the original file.
I have included a FIXED Version in case you encounter problems please use the fixed file. Sorry about that. Thanks to EsmeraldaF for testing and letting me know!

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 2:09 AM
;m glad to see that you're making stuff for Sims 3. I loved all the stuff you made for 2. I even went so far as to subscribe at pay-site to get some of it.

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 8:12 AM
Crazy thanks .
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 8:31 AM
Cool! Thank you very much.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 10:08 AM Last edited by putowtin : 17th Apr 2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: do'h
wonderful, just the thing my sims need!

ps where did you get the glasses?

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wintermuteai1
I have included a FIXED Version in case you encounter problems please use the fixed file.

Yep, the fixed version is perfect, all textures and recolour channels working and it looks absolutely fabulous in game! Thanks so much for this creation, love it!
Tentacle Of Righteousness
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 11:10 AM
putotin: try here:http://sims3tinkers.com/smf/index.php?topic=1105

EsmeraldaF: Tyvm for testing this for me! Glad it's all fixed.

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 3:40 AM
Oh, it's for WA )':

There's no way it could be converted to base game, is there? Or is there a scooter in the WA version which allows you to play around with it?

Sorry for any inconvinience, I'd just looove to have this.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 5:53 AM Last edited by whoden : 21st Apr 2010 at 12:03 PM.
So, I got the goggles from Sims 3 Tinkers and they're not working right. Are they for WA or base game? And what setting should the detail level be set to?

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 11:10 AM
While the Steam punk scooter does show as it's own individual object, and is working fine in that regard, it is overriding the original scooter's description. EA's scooter has taken the same name and description as your steampunk one. Minor issue, not a big enough problem for me to remove it from the game, I just thought someone should report it.

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 3:36 AM
there is something you need to fix, i have a mod that makes normal scooters buyable in buy mode (without buydebug) and when I added this mod it listed the normal scooter as the steampunk scooter, and then there is the ACTUAL steampunk scooter buyable, it may be a small bug, but it annoys me, please fix it.

--
Eduardog3000
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 5:51 PM
when I look at this, I can't stop thinking about Dr. Steel.

lifeiswhat??
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd May 2014 at 2:18 AM
I don't recomend you to download the fixed version first. In my case, I downloaded the fixed, and worked all weird, and when used the "normal", it worked normaly. Just a tip, download the fixed if you really need. Awesome scooter *-*
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd May 2014 at 2:19 AM
Default Congrats
Very cool scooter, nice job *-*
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viniciovp7
I don't recomend you to download the fixed version first. In my case, I downloaded the fixed, and worked all weird, and when used the "normal", it worked normaly. Just a tip, download the fixed if you really need. Awesome scooter *-*

I tried downloading the first version and the entire scooter was bright blue, and I couldn't change any of the styles. Then I downloaded the fixed version and while the styles work properly, my Sim seems to float on a perpendicular angle to the scooter when driving it. Have you encountered either of these problems or can suggest a way to fix them?

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 4:29 AM
I love the look of this, it's perfect for my steampunk Sims ^^

I have been having some minor issues with it though with like, my Sims levitating next to it while driving instead of actually sitting in it. Is there anyway to fix this? It's alright if there isn't, it's not a big enough issue for me not to use it, I was just wondering xD