Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

California Poppy Bouquet

by BabaYaga Posted 30th Apr 2010 at 9:13 PM

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Banned
#2 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 9:29 PM
What gorgeous flowers! Thank You!
Instructor
#3 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 9:31 PM
Zombie Socks
#4 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 9:53 PM
How cute!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Scholar
#5 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 11:52 PM
Really nice work, thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st May 2010 at 12:06 AM
beautiflore!
Scholar
#7 Old 1st May 2010 at 2:21 AM
just lovely - thank you!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st May 2010 at 12:08 PM
Beautiful. Thank you very much.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st May 2010 at 6:15 PM
Very nice! Thank you. And you are right that they should not be another color. I just hope you did not get busted for picking them, as against the law to do so here in CA.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st May 2010 at 10:33 PM
yay i live in californa and i love these flowers
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd May 2010 at 8:38 AM
WOW, beautiful ! I love this bouquet so much.... I'll use it a lot. Thanks for sharing
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 2nd May 2010 at 6:58 PM
I live in cali too =) nice to have more flowers for my sims thank you!!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th May 2010 at 12:52 AM
Wow, that's amazing. I went to the Poppy Festival here in Lancaster a few weeks ago, the poppies were as beautiful as always.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#14 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 4:40 AM
Thank you! One of my favorite flowers! and they'll last in this Vase! ;0)
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 10:39 PM
They grow like weeds here - but such pretty weeds! And I agree - no other shades, these are perfection! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 3:34 AM
You should make it so if for some reason the police come to your house, and see them, you go to jail. XD Because in California it's illegal to pick these!

Very pretty. =]
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 9:18 AM
Hrm... I actually find these to be kinda low resolution. Is there any way to up the texture resolution or the model detail? They seem a bit flat-colour and out of place in TS3 (e.g., as compared in the first screenshot with the potted leafy plant, not so much versus the flowers in the vase). I think it's mainly the leaves that do it injustice, although the flowers themselves somewhat lack striations as well. Obviously there's not a lot of room to work with because these things are very small, so it's understandable if there's nothing that can be done.

@RustyEraser: It's not illegal to pick/cut California poppies in California, or at least no more illegal than cutting down any other plant on government land or someone else's property. ;-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 1:04 PM
Wow thank you so much, I adore poppies and love the color orange so this is just perfect!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 9:41 PM
These are actually my favorite flower.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 3:36 AM
I will Forget-you-not for this wonderful creation!

^pun intended
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 10:19 PM
Thank you, these are wonderful
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JT`
Hrm... I actually find these to be kinda low resolution. Is there any way to up the texture resolution or the model detail? They seem a bit flat-colour and out of place in TS3 (e.g., as compared in the first screenshot with the potted leafy plant, not so much versus the flowers in the vase). I think it's mainly the leaves that do it injustice, although the flowers themselves somewhat lack striations as well. Obviously there's not a lot of room to work with because these things are very small, so it's understandable if there's nothing that can be done.

@RustyEraser: It's not illegal to pick/cut California poppies in California, or at least no more illegal than cutting down any other plant on government land or someone else's property. ;-)

I was born and raised in California and I've never heard that about California Poppies. I used to pick them all the time as a kid. They're not endangered or anything. They grow all over the place. It would be pretty tyrannical to get in trouble for picking a few common flowers. Lol. Though I wouldn't put anything past our government at this point. :p