Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hidden Depths with Multi-Level No-Slope Basement (updated June 5, 2010)

by Mootilda Posted 4th Jun 2010 at 3:22 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2011 at 6:41 PM by Mootilda : Note about pets.

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 3:37 PM
This house is awesome! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 5:38 PM
Any chance there was a tut for doing the no-slope basements?
BTW, the stairway going around the master bedroom straight to the next floor,,, great idea. I'll have to try and work that into my next house.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 5:39 PM
I never download lots. This is different.

THANK YOU. SO MUCH.

Does reading dumb signatures make you feel powerful in some way?
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:05 PM
What a great house! I can't wait to play with it.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:39 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 6th Jun 2010 at 4:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by therebel292004
Any chance there was a tut for doing the no-slope basements?
A basic tutorial for no-slope basements is here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=3180894

(Post #62 in the TS2GridAdjuster download thread)

I haven't yet completed the tutorial for the advanced options, which were required for this multi-level basement. However, I'm including screenshots for the parameters that I used, in the hopes that they'll be helpful. I kept the water level recommended by the GridAdjuster, but moved the ground level further down, to ensure that it wouldn't interfere with access to the basement.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:17 PM
I have a single young vampire in my game who is going to love this place! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:19 AM
Amazing job for no cc. I see this as an awesome Bachelor's Pad. Thank You
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
A basic tutorial for no-slope basements is here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=3180894

(Post #62 in the TS2GridAdjuster download thread)

You can easily change the Elevation if you'd like a higher or lower basement; just remember that the Elevation must be below ground level, which is normally at an elevation of 0.

I haven't yet completed the tutorial for the advanced options, which were required for this multi-level basement. However, I'm including screenshots for the parameters that I used, in the hopes that they'll be helpful. I kept the water level recommended by the GridAdjuster, but moved the ground level further down, to ensure that it wouldn't interfere with access to the basement.

Page saved to my computer, lol. Seems like I have a TON of tuts saved to the laptop. But I'm always lookin for great tuts for building.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 4:06 AM
:dddddd
Alchemist
#11 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 4:16 AM
Looks great!
Scholar
#12 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 7:02 PM
Totally tangential question -- how come the basements look so light and airy? I don't see lamps turned on, and anyway the quality of light looks like windows, not like lamps. The first basement looks like it has at least one window, but the sub-basement couldn't possibly, could it?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 8:40 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 6th Jun 2010 at 10:10 PM.
Neither of the basement levels have windows. I just added lights to the lot while in the night view, so that I could get something which seemed bright enough.

Windows wouldn't work in either basement, since they require an elevation of at least 6 (for windows) or 7 (for doors) to function. The top of the highest basement on this lot is only 2 clicks above the ground.

Reference: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=113189

I used light gray walls and floors throughout, which helps to make things seem light and airy.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 4:56 AM
Default Fish in Basement
I found a problem with the lot; I saw some fish in the basement. I believe that the problem was that the water level was above the ground level, so I've fixed the problem and re-uploaded.

If you experience fish, you might want to get this new version.
Scholar
#15 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:50 PM
Thank you for the answer. That's some really good lighting: it looks natural, which is why I asked.
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 11:29 PM
I absolutely love this! The layout is so unique!
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 10:03 AM
Hey... I'm making a house and I want a basment, BUT, the stairs won't work.
(won't go down)

so can you help me?
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 10:08 AM
BTW

I love your work!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 1:32 PM
Incredible. Your creation and use of tools never ceases to amaze me.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 7:26 PM
Oh, wow. Wow! WOW!!!
I don't 'play' the Sims - I build for them (... and collect CC - yeesh!)
As such, I never EVER download houses.
But, THIS house is a must! Even if only to deconstruct it and learn how you did that. WOW!
Thank you, too, for the tut links above. Wonderful!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 10:43 AM
I'd love to help, but I'm going to need more information.

Are you using the fixed-height stairs or the modular stairs? How high is the area that you are trying to traverse? I.E. are you trying to place walls from the main level to the basement level (16 clicks), or are you trying to place walls from the main level to the ground?

If you're trying to make short stairs from the main floor to the ground, then you need to be aware that the game expects 4 clicks or higher. If you use the "moveobjects on" cheat before placing modular stairs, then the game will allow stairs as low as 2 clicks.

If you want to traverse an area which is either 0 or 1 click high, then there's a special technique that we've been researching, which seems to work but has odd animations. See this for more information:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=402863

Does that help?

By the way, this kind of post is probably more appropriate for the GridAdjuster thread, rather than for a lot download thread.

That does help a bit, *BTW I don't think I asked you very nicely,
so sorry. What I'm trying to do is what you did (not the hole house, the stairs) put the bedrooms down stairs.

*BTW = by the way

">? what do you mean by clicks ?<"
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 8:05 AM
When you use the in-game terraforming tools, the ground raises or lowers.......

WOW

You are so nice

The stairs I want to use are the 'Staircases' and I want them next to the wall. Two basements. When it is done (which I am hoping I'll finsh it) I will send or give it to you. Is that the info you need? or do you need more?
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 1:15 PM
Thanks!
Assuming that you followed my instructions for staircase placement, I'm stumped. You have two options:
1) Share your house with me, along with a picture of where you want the staircase, and I'll try to figure out what's wrong.
2) Start a new thread for your problem here and see whether anyone else has any suggestions:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Hi

Thanks for helping me, Last night I figured it out.

When it is done I will put it up on Mod The Sims and it
will be my first one!

The house I was going to turn into a basement is not the house I used.

I will put that house up too! the one that isn't the basement.

Happy Building

Emmie
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 1:01 AM
I have finshed the basement house!
:D

but I can't put it up till I get the internet
on that computer cus I have two computers
one internet and the other sims 2.

Emmie
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 5:27 AM
My new custom hood, Norrington, and all its subhood, are in low lying areas. I am now off to add a high altitude subhood, just to play this home. Thank you ever so!!
Page 1 of 2