Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 8:47 AM
Sims Family Trees, etc.
Okay so its 3:30AM and I'm super bored. I don't know why but the idea to keep an online record of my Sims' family tree struck me as awesome So I googled for some Family Tree/Genealogy websites and I found this really simple and free site that lets you create family trees. It's not like Ancestry.com that gives you hints, tips, documents etc. and helps you fill out the tree with the missing family members that you know nothing about. This website is for people who know who's in the family and want to keep track and it works great for Sims.

I've been spending hours filling out my current Legacy tree. Adding photos and information. There were some connections in the town to my family members that I didn't even know existed! The name has gotten lost with some of the people. Of course I used the in-game family tree to fill it up. There's even slots to add "Professions", "Interests" and "Activities", which if you're really ambitious you can add your Sims careers, traits and likes.

Though I'd share this with other crazies who might get a kick out of making something like this . If you want, take a peek at my very incomplete Isubi Family Tree. See if you can tell who are the heirs and spares
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 8:49 AM
It's 2:48 am and I love you for giving me something to do at this time.I tried to keep a record on a sketching pad and quickly ran outta space when I included their profession and each had like 5 kids...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarlequinnRomance
It's 2:48 am and I love you for giving me something to do at this time.I tried to keep a record on a sketching pad and quickly ran outta space when I included their profession and each had like 5 kids...

Yess! You must link to it, even if its a work-in-progress! This would be interesting to see how the the same Sims are treated in different towns.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 9:01 AM
Goodness,it's been forever since I even played.And I stopped keeping track even longer ago..I can try,but I might just buy ambitions and then start all over again.It's amazing how bored ya get with a base game and run outta ways to make each generation different...
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 9:24 AM
That's a great tree!So much better then my scribble on a sketch paper...
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 2:12 PM
That's really cool. I mean, REALLY cool. Thanks for sharing. I'll try to edit to add a link to some of my trees later, off to the store now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarlequinnRomance
That's a great tree!So much better then my scribble on a sketch paper...

Thank you, I'm back today to take some in-game pics of the Sims that are still alive and flesh it out more. Btw, I totally recommend using the in-game family tree to fill it out. Helped me a lot.

Quote: Originally posted by Ranissa
That's really cool. I mean, REALLY cool. Thanks for sharing. I'll try to edit to add a link to some of my trees later, off to the store now.

Cool, can't wait to see. Glad you like it
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 7:18 PM
Hmm that is quite a cool idea Sadly I am always plagued by errors 12s about three generations in so would be a bit pointless in my game, but if I ever get that sorted out I might do something like this.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 6:49 AM
I decided to restart my legacy family (bad idea since I'm already bored...) so I'll get pictures of either my new or old one soon. Right now in the new one the first child was just born,and many more to come.But I suck at making up stories and what not..I get too attached and don't want them to die or cheat on a spouse,so my family tree will be boring.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 8:14 AM
OooooooOOoo I just started my legacy so Ill crank this out shortley lol
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 2:14 AM
kl find, thanks. Just started a new family not done much yet but will defo be using this to keep tab on everyone.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 5:01 AM
An interesting distraction... :D My legacy family is small (I typically can't play more than three generations), but here's what I've got so far of the Sinclair Family .
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 4:45 PM
Thanks for sharing. Perfect for legacies indeed!
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 10:42 PM
lol funny thing about me finding this is I was just about to make a family tree in Paint or something. So glad I found this post! I'm going to try and get pictures up of the current family! Good thing I found this while they're still pretty small
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 11:31 PM
http://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&...426606603742276
This is my sims family so far. Trying to find some more photos of the husbands and wifes but not going to well.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 11:51 PM
Thanks for sharing! Just started a new legacy family so will deffo do this

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 6:10 PM
Awesome site, cool to see people's family trees too! I still play The Sims 2, but will be using this start to make a family tree for my current legacy family! :-) Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 8:25 PM Last edited by rei-a-yuy : 24th Jun 2010 at 8:26 PM. Reason: used html by mistake
I've done the same thing on that site, though I've only got to the third generation so far for The Rushworths.

Unfortunately a couple of the babies were born and named without my permission (Lincoln, Antwain and Jillian) but oh well. Family is family.
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 8:50 PM
Here is my legacy-family-with-snob-trait so far. Only three generations, as well - but it's growing!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 11:14 PM
Wow, I thought I was the only loser who kept track of things like this... I'll be checking it out though when my current family grows a bit more! Well, I suppose it's already pretty big, but my sim with 10 different kids, all from different ladies...

I wonder if that family tree maker can handle someone's half-sister also being their aunt.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rmrm

I wonder if that family tree maker can handle someone's half-sister also being their aunt.

You can hook them up with people already mentioned on the tree so should be fine.

Field Researcher
#22 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 12:59 AM
thats a really awesome find.. Now I wanna play a family just to make a tree :P
Instructor
#23 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 3:45 AM Last edited by Ranissa : 25th Jun 2010 at 4:09 AM.
Goth-Crumplebottom

The Goths so far in Sunset Valley. It's my most "complete" tree; some of the other families in other towns haven't intersected yet.

Edit: I'm dumb! Correct link above!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 4:09 AM
Yeah its not worked correctly, there should be a button on the top right hand side which says share. Then just post the link.

Field Researcher
#25 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 4:11 AM
Ranissa, All I see is a single square that says, "me".
Page 1 of 2