Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Star Trek Jacket - STO

by Drakah Posted 2nd Jul 2010 at 3:00 AM - Updated 10th Jul 2010 at 8:03 AM by Drakah

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 3:26 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Star Trek, but I do like this. Would you consider doing one without the insignia.

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 4:00 AM
Nice.. I have a STO lifetime sub... any chance of you making the other STO uniforms? :D

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 4:11 AM
I just started diving into new meshes, so possibly other jackets someday

Regards,

Drakah
shakahr.com
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 4:12 AM
So, so happy right now.

Will we be seeing ones for the ladies as well?

Five thousand thumbs up.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 5:01 AM
Finally I can start my Star Trek neighborhood for S3. Keep up the good work!! Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 5:54 AM
This is incredibly well done. The mesh is immaculate. Your textures are amazing. Even the detail in the bump-map goes beyond what most would hope for in CC. And thats just from me looking in the package; I haven't been able to load the game fast enough to contain my excitement about how cool these are.

I think without the insignia, that this would be one of my sim's daily wears. But I'm a Trekker, so I'm happy about this anyway.

Two requests (maybe, please!): a version without the insignia, and a conversion for kids.

Also, I'm curious, when I looked in the package and didn't see a mesh for the teen version; usually teens have different meshes, how did you get it to work for teens without re-meshing?
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 6:37 AM
Very nice! Thanks!

If you don't mind requests and all that...two things...
First, I'd like to reiterate the requests already made for the no-insignia version, and second, could you do the uniform from the series "Enterprise" with Scott Bakula as Captain Archer?
Scholar
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 10:35 AM
Looks like the original one, good work.
Live long and prosper!
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 1:44 PM
Awesome, thanks for uploading.
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 6:43 PM
Thanks XD

(Though my ungrateful little self would like one without the ComBadge for holidays, too X3 )
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 9:45 PM
OMFG these look fantastic. Like, massively fantastic. The little details are gorgeous, and it's very neatly done, and the detail kicks ass.

Are you planning on making a female uniform of any sort at some point? I adore these (to pieces, seriously, I swear), but most, if not all, of my characters are female.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 10:21 PM
Thanks It took long hours till wee hours in the morning to get it "just right". Right now I am working on another project but I will keep all your requests in my head for future releases.

Regards,

Drakah
shakahr.com
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 10:39 PM
It's about time someone did some Trek stuff for S3. This is really nice looking. I don't have STO, but I've thought about it.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 12:28 AM
Nice. Thanks. :D

"I always wanted to fly in strange machines"
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 3:49 AM
I dont like star trek, i think its way to geeky. But dammit! theese look really great! 100000/5
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:20 AM
It's really nice! I really like it but I am wondering if it is a new mesh.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 1:27 PM
This is bloody brilliant. I'm a Trekker so this is perfect for some things I have going right now but it looks so good that I am know I will be using it with other 'normal' Sims too! Thank you so much! Any way we could get a version without the badge as someone asked - if it's too much of an issue never mind, it's perfect as it is!

Touch my mind
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ggoodolls
It's really nice! I really like it but I am wondering if it is a new mesh.

Yes, its a modified mesh from one of the jackets, which turned into a new mesh.

Regards,

Drakah
shakahr.com
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:50 PM
holy crap these are amazing. i hope you can make some more from STO
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 4:41 PM
Ok the design looks great. Im a big fan of ST. But i see one flaw. You cannot use it. I have admired, then downloaded. And after putting it on the game i found it not to be there. Im still working on how to get it on. But Any help would be appreciated. =D
Field Researcher
#22 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joshb09
Ok the design looks great. Im a big fan of ST. But i see one flaw. You cannot use it. I have admired, then downloaded. And after putting it on the game i found it not to be there. Im still working on how to get it on. But Any help would be appreciated. =D

It might have something to do with the level of detail you have set for, I think, textures or sims. I know that with the gun cases for Lara Croft, you need to have the detail level set at it's highest or they won't show up in-game.

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 3:19 PM
Awesome Jackets
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 1:45 PM
Cool. I see one problem though.

Though I don't play Star Trek Online, I did think the black jacket looked weird, so I looked up the uniforms, and I was right.

http://imgur.com/dMx2A.jpg

As you can see, the colors in the upper portion of the jacket are reversed with black where color should be and vice versa. Besides that, these are amazing.

My requests are as follows. Please make a female version of this, obviously. Also, if you could make the rank pins adjustable, that would be great.

Thank you.
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 5:40 PM
Found a bug:

When elders are wearing the jacket, their head is separated from their body.
Page 1 of 2