Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Completely Invisible Parking Spaces Updated 2010-10-30

by GiveTheNineARide Posted 16th Jul 2010 at 5:18 PM - Updated 31st Oct 2010 at 11:36 AM by GiveTheNineARide

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:46 PM
WOW just what I needed! I actually tried to do this myself wondering why no one else did , but i didnt have the latest version of the vanishing object mod so it didnt work (slap to the head) Oh well. Good job!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 8:11 PM
You.. are.. amazing. I've been waiting SO long for someone to do this, thank you sososo much
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 9:04 PM
In your post you write "To use the Large Invisible parking space you will need to have the Ambitions EP installed" – that's not the case; patch 1.12 includes it too (it's a bit pointless to use it since the base game has no ownable cars of that size, but it exists).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 9:13 PM
Thank you, it's that what I've wanted.

and where can i find the house from the first picture?
Theorist
#6 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 9:14 PM
Love the smiley face. lol But I think those speed bumps look hideous so this is cool too.
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 9:44 PM
ThiS is great. I have a total of 6 cars in my house and this will be fanstanstic, mr boombastic=)
Could you say where to find the first house in the pictures?
Thank u
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:13 AM
been waiting for this shit =)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
In your post you write "To use the Large Invisible parking space you will need to have the Ambitions EP installed" – that's not the case; patch 1.12 includes it too (it's a bit pointless to use it since the base game has no ownable cars of that size, but it exists).

I stand corrected. But I guess it depends on how you define use.

Quote: Originally posted by radik92
Thank you, it's that what I've wanted.
and where can i find the house from the first picture?

Quote: Originally posted by Destroyer
ThiS is great. I have a total of 6 cars in my house and this will be fanstanstic, mr boombastic=)
Could you say where to find the first house in the pictures?
Thank u

I built the house in the pictures. It would need much work before it could be uploaded.

Thanks to all for the comments, but Buzzler deserves most of the credit for these objects. Be sure to push the thanks button when you download the script mod.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Scholar
#10 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:41 PM
Very cool, thanks
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 5:52 PM
Thank you so much! Those little bumblebee-colored strips were extremely annoying.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:57 AM
for those who are using awesomemod, the latest build has implemented this feature.
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 10:44 PM
Hooray!! Thanks so much!!
Inventor
#14 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 2:41 PM
Thank you for this mod!!

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 5:33 PM
I thought this mod was already uploaded quite a while ago, but was removed because people couldn't pick up and move their parking spots... Oh well, not complaining, it's a useful mod nonetheless.
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 11:39 PM
Thanks a whole bunch! I was waiting for one of these!
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 11:40 PM
i need help with this, when i place it and then try to add a car to my lot it says theres no parking space, please help me as this looks like a wonderful mod!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:45 AM Last edited by GiveTheNineARide : 1st Nov 2010 at 5:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mathias
I thought this mod was already uploaded quite a while ago, but was removed because people couldn't pick up and move their parking spots... Oh well, not complaining, it's a useful mod nonetheless.
This is not that object, the one you're thinking of is mentioned in the post.
Quote: Originally posted by andrew555000
i need help with this, when i place it and then try to add a car to my lot it says theres no parking space, please help me as this looks like a wonderful mod!
I cloned the ingame objects and added the ability to vanish using Buzzler's script. So these basically are the same object as the ones EA gave us. I don't know what it could be. I can only tell you that these have been tested by me, and downloaded over 1000 times with no other reported problems. Are you trying to put a regular size vehicle on the large parking space, or trying to put a fire truck on the regular sized spot?

There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Scholar
#19 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 3:35 PM
Fantastic work! Thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:57 PM
Why dosn't work with the Ambitions Addon?

Can you fix this?

Greetings

Harald
#21 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andrew555000

Did you also download Buzzler's script? If your missing the script file that this mod refers to it may not work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Did you also download Buzzler's script? If your missing the script file that this mod refers to it may not work.
Actually in my testing I found that if you have the modified objects but not the script mod they will work the same as the original ones, they just don't have the ability to vanish.

1978 gallons of pancake batter
#23 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GiveTheNineARide
Actually in my testing I found that if you have the modified objects but not the script mod they will work the same as the original ones, they just don't have the ability to vanish.
I would still strongly advise against deliberately using an object without the related script. The core has a fallback script in case an object links to a non-existant script: FailureObject. That is kind of a last resort to avoid unravelling data or just destroying the object (that's what I would have done BTW). Using FailureObjects most likely won't break anything, but it still might cause glitches. One of your invisible parking spaces for example without the vanishing script will not count as a parking space from the viewpoint of the script engine aka all that what founds the logic of the game.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:02 PM
AWesome thanks, Cute animation too! he got my attention to a much needed Mod
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 1:57 AM
hey um this wont instal in my mac so what do and how do i let the thing with the cokies thing and ya so
Page 1 of 3