Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Curtains! Stop Snapping to that Wall!!

by HugeLunatic Posted 19th Jul 2010 at 11:43 PM - Updated 26th Jun 2012 at 3:20 PM by HugeLunatic

73 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:13 AM
Great work! good idea!

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:12 AM
Just the other day I was swearing over not being able to move a curtain out two inches from the wall so that it would stop cutting through the windowsill. This is great!

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:23 AM
Wow, now this is great. I had this curtain problem so many times before.
Big thanks
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 2:29 AM
I had stopped using curtains due to this... Welcome back, lovely curtains!

Thanks for creating!
Feel free of kindly correcting my spelling mistakes
Theorist
#6 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 2:32 AM
Lunie!! You're a genius Thanks for this
Forum Resident
#7 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 3:16 AM
You are wonderful for doing this. Just the other day, I was getting frustrated over the curtains not going where I wanted them to. Now, I don't have to worry.
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 7:21 AM
OMGoodness i so needed these today for a screen shot, where were you 5 hours ago lol. Such a fantastic thing here. I love it you are great. Big happy hugs for you (>^_^<)

Stop making a scene it will never make it to t.v
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 7:27 AM
Ahhhhh HL ILU! I needed this SO BAD.

Now... any chance you could do this for lights too? :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 8:06 AM
YAY!!!! I was completely wanting this just the other day for that exact reason! THANKS!!!
Theorist
#11 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 8:17 AM
Thanks a lot! That`s I soooo looong wated. I have had the same problems with putting curtains in bathroom. All the same as on your first picture. Ewwwww! It wass really terrrible!
And I agree with HystericalParoxysm... Maybe you will made the same with wall hangings? *blush*
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 8:47 AM
Whooow, it's pretty nice. I'm going to download it. (:
Scholar
#13 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 10:09 AM
Can just add my huge thanks.Was so frustrated with ea's curtains.Your mod is a great contribution to the game.Thank you so much !!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:58 PM
No more wall demolishing! Thank you HL :D
Scholar
#15 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 3:06 PM
Hi again,HugeLunatic.Have a little problem :
Have all EPS and HELS + many (legal) store items.My game is fully patched.

Have installed your mods into my "Mods" folder :Packages/Hacks.

They work fine for some EA curtains (didn't yet test them all), but they don't work for the store curtains.Besides there is something strange: In the curtain catalog I have now two thumbnails for each default (or store) curtain.One works,but if I click the second one, nothing happens.

Maybe I have missed something.I am far from being a computer expert.PLease could you give me your advice?

Thanks in advance and...Thanks again for this new improvement to the game.
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 5:04 PM
I imagine you can't have 2 versions in the same folder, right? I ask because I *plan* on getting Ambitions some day...
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 5:31 PM
Mehricht thanks for the report. I do believe I know why it is doing this and it will take me a bit to fix.

The store file will work for those who have used Pescado's Decrap tool only. If you've never used the decrap tool, please DON'T just for this mod! The original store sims3pack version will be coming soon.

blackwood - Each one has the curtains for that EP only. So download the ones that match which EPs you have installed.
Scholar
#18 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 6:26 PM
Thank you so much for your quick reply.Now more work for you ! :D
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 7:06 PM
just use "moveobjects on"

--
Eduardog3000
Field Researcher
#20 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 7:24 PM
This sounds very handy! Thanks for sharing :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Instructor
#21 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 8:11 PM
thank you, i just wish we had a in wall shower/tub in TS3, like we did in TS2
Field Researcher
#22 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 11:27 PM
This was much needed, imho. Got them all except for store since I don't/haven't used the decrapify tool. I'll check back for the upcoming store version you are planning to do. Good job!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 3:37 AM
Great Mod! Thank you HL!

-off topic: P!nk Rocks!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eduardog3000
just use "moveobjects on"
The moveobjects cheat still snaps them to walls

Like OMG! P!nk is never off topic!

Anyway! I uploaded an additional file for ORIGINAL un-decrappified store curtains. So anyone who has original store content please, please test for me?! I can't since mine is all decrappified. Check the place-ability of all store curtains with/without using the ALT key.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:44 AM
1000 thank you's for this.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Page 1 of 3