Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Same Energy Gain For Every Bed

by Buzzler Posted 23rd Jul 2010 at 6:59 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2014 at 11:03 AM by Buzzler

119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:48 PM
So if the simmies sleep on a craptastic cheap bed, they can still wake up with a sore back or whatever it is moodlet? And thanks so much for this, I was just thinking the other day, I wanted something like this, so I could pick beds for my sims based on looks and not on trying to avoid them sleeping half the day away
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
So if the simmies sleep on a craptastic cheap bed, they can still wake up with a sore back or whatever it is moodlet?
Exactly. This mod only affects the energy gain. Everything else would be cheating and that's not the scope of this mod. Or any of my mods.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:35 PM
Thanks! I really like that the value is adjustable because in all the other mods of this type I've tried out the energy gain was a little too high for my liking.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:51 PM
i guess i could delete my old mod for this and try yours. it does sound very good. thank you for this.
Inventor
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 10:04 PM
Does this work on cribs also? I am so getting it whether it does or not, cause my other one got outdated. I like that it doesn't change anything else! Thanks
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by romagi
Does this work on cribs also?
No, cribs are an entirely unrelated thing - seems like they're all the same anyway. Tents on the other hand, are just special beds.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 12:27 AM
This is a fantastic idea. I usually don't use mods like these but this one... its going in my game. There's so many beds I"d love to use but won"t because the sleep is so bad.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 1:00 AM
It would be fantastic if this could change the gain on a per-bed basis.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 4:21 AM
Does this mod works on tents from WA?
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 9:00 AM
@Anach: That should be easy enough to implement. I want to get the CleanHouse mess sorted out first, though.

@anak_ponti: Err, yes? Like stated in the upload post?

Instructor
#12 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 3:17 AM
Just tried it in-game, and it works like a charm. (:
Forum Resident
#13 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 6:19 AM
OK, thank you.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 8:09 PM
thx for this finally I can use some other beds and not only the most expensive.
Instructor
#15 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 10:31 AM
sweet, thanks
Mad Poster
#16 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 2:51 AM
"The mod will already override the energy gain rate of all beds with its default value of 1.36 even without you doing anything. I think that value is reasonable. If you want a lower or higher value, just open the cheat console and enter SetBedEnergy {Value} and press enter. The range is 0.5 to 2.0"

How does that translate into the beds as-is? Will this mod actully be lowering the energy gain of some high-end beds?
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
How does that translate into the beds as-is? Will this mod actully be lowering the energy gain of some high-end beds?
1.36 is the multiplier of the best base-game bed. Although there is a bed in WA which has a slightly higher multiplier (1.4), I'd say the difference is negligible. Therefore, no, with the default setting no bed will end up with a lower energy gain than it had before.

Field Researcher
#18 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 6:21 PM
Wondering if the menu could be added to sarcophagi? Cheers.
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anach
Wondering if the menu could be added to sarcophagi? Cheers.
Sarcophagi aren't beds, so they aren't handled by this mod right now. It's no big deal to cover them too, but unlike beds they don't have an individual energy multiplier. There are three global energy multipliers for the different types of sarcophagi. So what shall it be? An interaction that changes the global energy multiplier of all sarcophagi types or a console command?

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 1:02 PM
this is brilliant - thank you
Field Researcher
#21 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Sarcophagi aren't beds, so they aren't handled by this mod right now. It's no big deal to cover them too, but unlike beds they don't have an individual energy multiplier. There are three global energy multipliers for the different types of sarcophagi. So what shall it be? An interaction that changes the global energy multiplier of all sarcophagi types or a console command?

If the global multiplier could handle all Sarcophagi without altering the global beds modifier, then I'd be more than happy with that.
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 5:39 PM
@Anach: It became a console command: SetSarcEnergyDelta. Give it a spin.

Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 10:21 PM
When I click on a bed No new menu comes up.
I didn't use testing cheats, whatever that is.
Can you have the menu without the testing cheats command, that would be just easier.
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mikef
When I click on a bed No new menu comes up.
I didn't use testing cheats, whatever that is.
No kidding.
Quote:
Can you have the menu without the testing cheats command, that would be just easier.
I am perfectly capable to remove the checks so the menu will appear all the time if that is your question. But I won't do it. This mod is not supposed to be integrated into regular gameplay, so I didn't make the interactions show up in regular gameplay. Sorry, this is not negotiable.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 3:35 AM
For some reason the mod won't load in my game. It's installed correctly, but it won't implement. Is there something that could be conflicting with it?
Page 1 of 5