Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 1:38 AM Last edited by Yukkuri Shiteite ne : 8th Aug 2010 at 7:22 PM. Reason: I said Cirno was bad by mistake XD
Default Did anyone else torture the Kim family?
Or at least redo their house?

The only thing I did was starve them and put a picture of Cirno in their house. (Cirno is not bad at all tho )
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 2:52 AM
I seem to remember I looked in at the Kim's house one time and thought, well I can see Maxi's were going for a modern look but it was typically clumsily done.

I felt a bit sorry for them actually, don't know why - they have pets don't they? And a kid. I've yet to play them properly although I do often see Robert and Cynthia on community lots (Cynthia seems to have the hots for my Demilo brothers)!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 5:08 AM
I killed off the kim family except the little one my elder couple adopted their son and pets.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 12:20 PM
I think three people and one bathroom is torture enough.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I think three people and one bathroom is torture enough.
Not as bad as my family with 8 people and 1 bathroom. Or my expanded Ottomas family (15 sims) and 1 bathroom XD
Forum Resident
#6 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 4:50 AM
I checked out the Kim family and was appalled at the layout of the house. I tried renovating it to make it less cluttered and busy and finally gave up. Cute pets tho.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Instructor
#7 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 5:14 AM
Hmmmm...Kill off the parents and send the kid and pets to live with someone else. I like this idea. I may have to do that tomorrow.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 4:36 PM
I've never played them. But why does everyone want to kill off the parents? lol

Help - there are small people in my computer - and they are talking to me!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 9:18 PM
Cynthia Kim died on one of my other lots before I got a chance to play with the family. She and Robert visited the family that I was playing with that day. The funny thing is that I wasn't even sure how or when she died, because I wasn't paying attention. I know she was upstairs with some other sims who were playing band instruments and the next thing I knew she had died. Her urn was by the band instruments so I think she may have gotten stuck and starved to death. Robert didn't seem to be too bothered by it though. lol I moved her grave outside and finally deleted it when her ghost started haunting the family that lived there. Robert and his son and pets are still alive in my game. They live in a different house now with Brandi Broke and her sons.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squirrel
I've never played them. But why does everyone want to kill off the parents? lol
They are very Fugly. Along with their house.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rogue_55
Cynthia Kim died on one of my other lots before I got a chance to play with the family. She and Robert visited the family that I was playing with that day. The funny thing is that I wasn't even sure how or when she died, because I wasn't paying attention. I know she was upstairs with some other sims who were playing band instruments and the next thing I knew she had died. Her urn was by the band instruments so I think she may have gotten stuck and starved to death. Robert didn't seem to be too bothered by it though. lol I moved her grave outside and finally deleted it when her ghost started haunting the family that lived there. Robert and his son and pets are still alive in my game. They live in a different house now with Brandi Broke and her sons.

You aren't supposed to delete tombstones/urn because that's the character file

----
In my game, I had Cynthia cheat with someone else... and Robert caught her. After Cynthia kicked his butt she left. Robert was left alone with the kid and Cheech and Gabby(?) . I had Robert get remarried, and then I killed Cynthia off... ... ...

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StarlightBeauty
You aren't supposed to delete tombstones/urn because that's the character file

----
In my game, I had Cynthia cheat with someone else... and Robert caught her. After Cynthia kicked his butt she left. Robert was left alone with the kid and Cheech and Gabby(?) . I had Robert get remarried, and then I killed Cynthia off... ... ...
I had my game messed up from deleting urns/tombstone
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 12:27 PM
Pets were given to one of my Sims. Mum and Dad died. Social worker came a little after to get the little boy and the game gave me a lecture on how mirthfull the life of an orphan is. [Whatever]. The really bad thing is that no one of my Sim was able to adopt the Kim boy, which made me really furious! Instead of him, Social Worker kept bringing some irrelevant stupid kids out of nowhere.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 12:40 PM
I don't think the Kims were bad-looking. I just hate the house.

Is that another Easter egg though? Supposedly the parents were in a sci-fi show similar to Star Trek...and one of Voyager's characters is Ensign Harry Kim.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:16 PM
@Yukkuri Shiteite ne,

Cirno is awesome >.< I want her in my house! XD

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StarlightBeauty
@Yukkuri Shiteite ne,

Cirno is awesome >.< I want her in my house! XD
Lol. I was playing the sims 2 and got bored so I have like 15 Flandres and 5 Cirnos. XD
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 1:51 PM
@Yukkuri Shiteite Ne
lol, I bet that confuses your sims X3
Remilia: Where's Flandre?
Flandre 1: Here!
Flandre 2: I am the REAL Flandre
Flandre 3: In your dreams
Remilia: *sweatdrop*
(you get the point, right XD)
I wonder if Cirnos would fight with other Cirnos... o.o
That'd make for an interesting fight.
XD

Field Researcher
#18 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 6:24 AM
[QUOTE=StarlightBeauty]You aren't supposed to delete tombstones/urn because that's the character file

I know. Unfortunately I didn't find out until after I did it. It was a while ago and I haven't deleted a tombstone since then. Thank you for your concern though.
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 10:49 AM
Erm...The Kims. I think there was a fire and a drowning. Their child was taken away by the police and the dog has since been readopted by some of my custom Sims. No-one has enough money to move into their old house yet.
Inventor
#20 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 11:32 AM
I unintentionally tortured them once when I was trying to get rid of them so I could re-do their house and give it to another sim--I was still pretty new to Simming then, so I ended up sort of screwing things up. The little boy seemed to be the one who suffered the most (unintentionally, like I said).

First I killed the mother (I had some sort of wierd problem with her becoming an invisible sim/having an invisible grave or something---it was about three re-installs ago, so I'm a bit fuzzy on the details now--I think something wierd ended up happening when I tried to move the tombstone to a community lot), which really got to the kid, then I had them give up the two pets, almost immediately after, which upset him even more (in fact, I think that he cried harder at that than he did at his own mother dying), then I think I had problems moving the dad and kid out, because I ended up killing the dad, and, because I had already gotten a "no social worker" hack, the kid was left completely alone on the lot to cry his eyes out, because I was trying to figure out how to use the phone to "put him up for adoption."

I ended up offing the kid as well, though by then he probably considered it a mercy killing, poor little guy. He was really the one who suffered for my own ignorance about the gameplay then.
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 6:47 PM
I would like to play that family however they're not in my occupied lots bin since i copied the sims 2 neighborhoods from the files. I guess they're only playable once?
Scholar
#22 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 3:08 AM
I can't remember what their house looked like, though I think it resembled a bomb shelter or something. Anyone have a picture of it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
I can't remember what their house looked like, though I think it resembled a bomb shelter or something. Anyone have a picture of it?
Nope. It was some weird space thingy.
Scholar
#24 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 5:36 PM
Now I am curious about the Kims, I have never run into them. Must look harder.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
Now I am curious about the Kims, I have never run into them. Must look harder.
I never see them on community lots. They come with Pets, so if you don't have pets, they aren't in your neighborhood.
Page 1 of 3