Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 1:13 AM
I have pets, it was teh first exspantion pack I got. The kitties are so cute, the dogs annoy me to no end.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 12:01 PM
Default Ummm............
I really have to ask...whoinhell is the "Kim Family" and why should they be tortured?
Test Subject
#28 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 1:12 PM
The Kims just outright vanished from my game, from every single new neighbourhood. I have no idea why, either.

EDIT: By the way, for those who don't know, the Kims are a premade family shipped with the Pets exspansion pack. They can't be found in the family bin, because they're already inside a lot in the lots bin.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
I have pets, it was teh first exspantion pack I got. The kitties are so cute, the dogs annoy me to no end.
And then the dogs dig holes which lower the environment score and the garden club lady yells at you for holes in your yard
Scholar
#30 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 4:56 PM
Well I searched all my cities and my houses for Kims, no Kims so I went on to torture my neighbors like Kneon Knight. Low and behold my first victim was almost a Kim. Excited I launched to my town and looked for the Kim household; again no kims. Then as I was about to give up... ...>_< I realized they were my neighbors.

Now I am playing the Kims and THEY are torturing the neighbors. I got an old man traped in the hot tub, an old lady, young lady, two dogs, and a mail man trapped behind the fense... Oh yeah XD can't forget the skunk in that mess. WIN. The house looks like some of the Huntington Beach homes, I bet you I could remodel it and make it functional.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
Well I searched all my cities and my houses for Kims, no Kims so I went on to torture my neighbors like Kneon Knight. Low and behold my first victim was almost a Kim. Excited I launched to my town and looked for the Kim household; again no kims. Then as I was about to give up... ...>_< I realized they were my neighbors.

Now I am playing the Kims and THEY are torturing the neighbors. I got an old man traped in the hot tub, an old lady, young lady, two dogs, and a mail man trapped behind the fense... Oh yeah XD can't forget the skunk in that mess. WIN. The house looks like some of the Huntington Beach homes, I bet you I could remodel it and make it functional.
I locked the Kim family behind that fence :D
Instructor
#32 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 7:04 PM
Default Aha!
Okay, there they are...

Well, the house is typical EAxis crap, made entirely of phail and ebola.

Why do they even bother with a house? The entire family and their pets could easily live in Cynthia's nose, with room for a boarder or two.

Yes, this is going to be fun...I think Simwardrobe has a bomb I'm going to need....
Scholar
#33 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 4:54 PM
I actually made that house look good with only 7 walls added, and none taken away. Anyway last night Mr. and Mrs. Kim were making out and getting heavey as the grim reaper was busy collecting bodies in what looked like an alian abduction light. As the last person was taken away low-and-behold Mrs. Kim when into labor... Did I mention she was pregnant? Anyway the b!+^h gave me twins and now I am the one being tortured. But my first boy/girl set twins... Need to collect more neighbors. Old man and old lady will not die, they've been there longer then the ones who died.

Test Subject
#34 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 7:07 PM Last edited by Luckypup2122 : 22nd Aug 2010 at 8:02 PM. Reason: Add more Info
Quote: Originally posted by Blooper Reel
The Kims just outright vanished from my game, from every single new neighbourhood. I have no idea why, either.

EDIT: By the way, for those who don't know, the Kims are a premade family shipped with the Pets exspansion pack. They can't be found in the family bin, because they're already inside a lot in the lots bin.

My guess is that if you delete the neighborhood and copy the neighborhood files from C drive it's why they haven't returned since there's no neighborhood with Pets. i don't know if copying the lot Catalog From the Pets disc would return them to the bin. I may give that a try to see what happens.

ETA: Copying that did put them back into the occupied Lots Bin, however for some odd reason after initally copying the premade neighborhoods the Kat family was already in the bin so i have a duplicate Kat family. I don't know if this will work on a regular Pet's disc as I have the Fun With Pets Collection disc which may have the lots numbered differently.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 3:16 AM
This thread is over three years old.
Test Subject
#36 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 7:41 AM
I divorced Cynthia and Robert (as Cynthia is a beautiful sim and Robert just got in the way and annoyed the living shit out of me) and made Robert go to jail. Cynthia then went on to marry Julien Cooke (another premade sim) who owns the town bakery. The kid and pets moved in with them too. Then I demolished their horrible house and built them a new one with the 80, 000 simolions. Cynthia brought into the household.

Circle, Circle, Dot, Dot, Now you have a Cootie Shot!
Mad Poster
#37 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 9:16 AM
They are actually not unpleasant to play with - and you need to place the occupied lot (you will find them in the occupied lots in the lot bin with the Kim Family) in your hood for them to turn up at community lots. You can only play them in one hood, yes - and if you delete that hood, they are gone forever (so you could place them in a new hood, and then delete the hood, and that will be that). I played them a bit when I first found them in the lot bin in a former hood.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 9:52 AM
It takes real bravery to necromance a thread where the post immediately above you is one complaining about previous necromancy lol.
Scholar
#39 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 5:12 PM
I've never played them, but I don't plan to hurt them when I do.
Theorist
#40 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 6:31 PM
Can someone explain to me why people want to torture the sims that came with the game? This is the 2nd thread I've seen that asked what torture we did to 'so and so family'. I wish they'd of just asked what did you do with them. :/

I haven't played many of the families came with the expansions, not because I don't like them, but more because I want to play the ones I have in my mind not the ones that the makers had in theirs.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 6:38 PM
Not into torturing the poor pixels either - after all, they can't help that Maxis made them
Mad Poster
#42 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 9:48 PM
Why are people calling them ugly? Aren't the parents 'face 1 & 2? Those are the plainest faces!

Either way, they live in Bluewater in my megahood, had a second kid called Brock, adopted a few strays that had litters and now Justin is in college, and dating Tessa Ramirez.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#43 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 10:30 PM
I aged the parents to elders and then killed them and have the boy in college I think...wait no he's out and married somebody...I can't remember...I have so many multiple copies of 'hoods now it's hard to remember.

You know what I like to do? I like to make families from the Maxis bin families. I stick them on an empty lot and with the SimBlender, InSIMinator and other such cheats and hook up the kids the families have or whatever. Ex: I made the Ramaswami's have a kid and the Picaso's have one. Those kids married each other.

Then they had a kid.

The grandparents and parents are dead. Why do I do this? For genetic lines and new blood. Also to give me new Sims without "making" them and if I don't want to play with the Maxis families then I don't have to. Such interesting combinations can be had with all these Sim Bin families and it's a fun process for me. I also like doing this with the Tombstone of L&D and making townies. I often do this to introduce new blood with a family tree. I hate Sims with no family tree

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#44 Old 13th Mar 2016 at 10:31 PM
I've lost them.

Literally.

I townified them all and they haven't turned up anywhere since.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 12:23 PM
I can't remember the pets but Cynthia had an affair with a dishy-looking guy in dreads and produced a cute girl (which he ended up adopting).
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 4:52 PM
I just put them in my custom neighbourhood.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 6:23 PM
I made a makeover to all of them, later Robert bought the Salon and Spa or something that came in Bluewater Village, and Cynthia also bought a furniture store, and I gave to that a lot of modern and edge furniture and decor, I also made a bathroom on the second floor, like a big one with another jacuzzi and stuff, so they are very happy on my hood, maybe in the next rotation round, when they have more money, they will get a new house...
Scholar
#48 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 10:26 PM
Since my last post I started afresh with them.

Kicked them out, bulldozed their house and slammed them in my Simlogical Prison as volunteer prison guards.
Makes sense, since they have the dog.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 12:01 PM Last edited by klapaucius : 26th Jul 2016 at 2:21 PM.
The Kim family had just moved into Margaritaville, and were awaiting the arrival of their second child when tragedy struck! Justin made the bad decision to go swimming at midnight instead of heading off to bed, and sadly drowned. Justin's death caused a rift between Cynthia and Robert, and when Julien Cooke dropped round to say hi, Cynthia decided to deal with her grief and her troubled marriage by jumping into bed with him. Baby Justine was born a day or two later, and by this time Cynthia was madly in love with Julien. However, she was spared the trouble of a messy divorce when Robert got up close and personal with a falling satellite, which didn't end well for him.

Cynthia, now a free woman, moved out of the small-yet-cosy Kim home with baby Justine, and into Julien's swanky new mansion. Julien's career was just starting to take off, so the house was quite sparsely furnished, but provided plenty of badly-needed space for the growing Cooke-Kim family, as Cynthia quickly became pregnant. Unfortunately, the universe continued to show it's total hatred of Cynthia by electrocuting Julien while he tried to fix the dishwasher. Shoulda called the repairman, Julien. Pregnant, alone with a toddler in a massive empty house with no money and a bare minimum of furniture - what else could possibly go wrong for Cynthia?

The surprise arrival of triplets, that's what. Cynthia had been hoping to be a stay-at-home mother, but with the birth of Jude, Zara and Daisy, as well as toddler Justine, Cynthia needed to bring in the simoleons, so she reluctantly hired the World's Shittiest Nanny, and headed back to work.

Despite continually rolling wants to fall in love again, Cynthia never did. She went on a few dates, but never really clicked with any of them. She still has wants to resurrect Julien, even though the triplets are now in Uni, and still lives in the big empty mansion with her dog and cat, and looks forward to the day when she will be reunited with Julien, and her lost son Justin, and oh yeah, first husband Robert. It's gonna be an awkward reunion...
Test Subject
#50 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 6:59 PM Last edited by Kaelem Gaen : 26th Jul 2016 at 7:19 PM. Reason: More info, typo fixes
Eh, I remodeled the house a little added two more Octagonal parts on the upper story one with a bathroom the other with a Workshop type space. Made the Dad a Witch, the Mom is Self-Employed (She runs a Robot Shop in the Bluewater Village I added to Riverblossom Hills (where I planted their house.) Then gave her son an attraction to Servo/Robos had him go to College have a few flings (With women and men) then eventually he married the first servo his mom made. His wife Rosie Robo is actually a rather successful Author she writes novels in Similish and Binary and Hex Mainly Urban Fantasy and Detective Novels starting Servos. Currently in the process of giving Him and his Robo-wife a new house (having moved them out of the house I planted them in initially when I first moved em out.). However he's a Romance Sim so he's already er fooled around with other Flesh-covered folks.

The dad and mom have two new pets since sadly Cheech and Gabby passed, the new pets are named Otis (Dog) and Tannenbaum (Cat) as well as two more Servoes, Harkness who fills in the roll left behind by Rosie when she moved out with Justin. The Second servo gets turned off now and again and is named Honest Zef, he also works at the shop with Cynthia as a cashier helping sell his fellow servos as well as the lesser robots such as Munchie Bot, Cleaner Bot and Security Bot.

So no I didn't torture them but I did remodel the house.
Page 2 of 3