Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Everyday Housewife "Career"

by Lavaster Posted 1st Sep 2010 at 12:06 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2010 at 7:58 PM by Lavaster

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 12:33 PM
Wow, an unusal but true to life career. Have to have this. Thank you so much
Banned
#3 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 6:12 PM
Cool career! Thanks for crediting my site hehe
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 9:10 PM
Must have, must have, must have ..... Thanks for creating this.

Be the type of Christian that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says: "Oh no! They're up!"

"You call me a Jesus Freak like it's a bad thing!"

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 10:15 PM
this is soooo awesome
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 11:24 PM
You're welcome everybody! :D
This was actually an old idea of mine, but I decided to make it more into a housewife thing.

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 1:52 AM
How much money does it take each day? (Love that idea, btw, much more true to life!)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 2:15 AM
@Kayee: It depends on what "errand" your Sim is currently running. It also is dependent on the chance cards GREATLY; that's why I say that people really shouldn't skip the chance cards, because there isn't a physically bad result that comes from them. **SPOILER-ish** For example, one of the chance cards in the Grocery Shopping "level" asks what your Sim wants to buy. (It lists two different veggies as different choices; sometimes choosing the more expensive one gives your Sim a skill point, sometimes it doesn't.) Option A and Option B both list the different veggies, but they also list the price(s) that your Sim pays if they select a certain veggie. Once selected, money is deducted from the household funds.

ENTJ
Field Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 2:40 AM
You know, I've been thinking about this career and it would be perfect for a Stepford Wife. I think I'm going to find a Faith Hill sim and make Sarah Sunderson. I really do love this career. Thanks again for making it.

Be the type of Christian that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says: "Oh no! They're up!"

"You call me a Jesus Freak like it's a bad thing!"

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - (2 Timothy 1:7 KJV)
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 5:05 AM
Yeah! it's really cool..... I downloaded and put in game immediately. thanks
Forum Resident
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 6:11 AM
That female sim that you portrayed, I like her hair! Where did you find it???

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 7:08 AM
This is a very interesting idea! I'll have to try it out in my game right away!

"When it melts, what does snow become?"
"It becomes...spring!" -Fruits Basket
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 5:12 PM
great idea!

Jody
(Pawzim / jrb2037)
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 9:28 PM
great career, works fab in my game, many thanks
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 11:29 PM
Hey, thanks everyone! Glad you all like it! If there's anything I could fix or add to it, please comment!
Also, could someone test it with an adult male Sim? Thanks!
@SparkleSim: You can get it here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...air-/id/879900/
But since you have to subscribe, just get it here:
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org...s2/tsr/simal10/
Just hold and press Ctrl+F and type in 'hair.' The first result is the Breeze hair, which is the one I used.

ENTJ
Forum Resident
#16 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 5:37 AM
That's fantastic! Thank you, Lavaster!

Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster
Hey, thanks everyone! Glad you all like it! If there's anything I could fix or add to it, please comment!
Also, could someone test it with an adult male Sim? Thanks!
@SparkleSim: You can get it here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...air-/id/879900/
But since you have to subscribe, just get it here:
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org...s2/tsr/simal10/
Just hold and press Ctrl+F and type in 'hair.' The first result is the Breeze hair, which is the one I used.

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 5:56 AM
It's good to install that kind of game mods!I hope you can create celebrities life career
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 9:09 AM
I just wanna say that I love this one, it's so realistic! But I want to know how long they work, on average per day, and how much they earn at the last career level?

Thanks!
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 1:22 PM
Man am I going to have a lot of fun with this.

Thank youuu Lavaster <3
/gives cookies

"No matter how gifted you cannot change the world." - L Lawliet
Field Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 1:32 PM
until now I never downloaded careers but yours is a must. I put it in the downloadsfolder, how can I find the new career? Which category on computers or newspaper? I am german
thanks for creating this cool mod
Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 4:15 PM
It's not a career, it's better!
It's more like a LIFESTYLE! To give the Sims that added realism is very thoughtful.
You've helped me actually simulate a life, I always wondered how much Bella would spend if I let her go shopping on her own - Thankyou!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 11:27 PM
@TrivialSim13: You're welcome! If you have ANY problems, issues, or suggestions, let me know!
Quote: Originally posted by Miyavizm
I just wanna say that I love this one, it's so realistic! But I want to know how long they work, on average per day, and how much they earn at the last career level?

Thanks!

I tried to put the hours/days accordingly to the "level"/ task. So your Sim probably won't go to the spa every day, nor they will not baby shower shop every single day.
Quote: Originally posted by shazza1
Man am I going to have a lot of fun with this.

Thank youuu Lavaster <3
/gives cookies

Thanks! I got me some cookiez! :P
Quote: Originally posted by 15pupmaus49
until now I never downloaded careers but yours is a must. I put it in the downloadsfolder, how can I find the new career? Which category on computers or newspaper? I am german
thanks for creating this cool mod

First control the Sim you want to have it and go to either the computer or use the newspaper. It should eventually pop up saying, "Would you like to be a grocery shopper in the Everyday Housewife/husband career?" Say yes. It won't always say this, though; I recommend MogHughson's wonderful job board which you can get here.

ENTJ
Instructor
#23 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 3:09 AM
I never downloaded careers either, but this is a must try! thank you : )
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 5:29 AM
One of my favorite witches just married Leo the butler. I gotta try this on him!! Thanks ever so!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 9:00 AM
First control the Sim you want to have it and go to either the computer or use the newspaper. It should eventually pop up saying, "Would you like to be a grocery shopper in the Everyday Housewife/husband career?" Say yes. It won't always say this, though; I recommend MogHughson's wonderful job board which you can get here.[/QUOTE]

thanks for your help, mog's jobseeking noticeboard is great. Now I found the career on computers newspaper and noticeboard.

In german language it is hidden under "Gesetzeshüter"-take out abuser
Page 1 of 3