Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Builder's Island - DIY

by armiel Posted 15th Sep 2010 at 9:02 PM - Updated 29th Jun 2020 at 8:40 PM by HugeLunatic

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 10:31 PM Last edited by Weirded : 15th Sep 2010 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Smilies
Thank you for this, Armiel. I've been wanting a world to test custom creations in, but just haven't had the time and energy to build one in CAW, so I'll definitely check this one out.
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 12:21 AM
Looks good! As i said on TSS, lol. (:

Call me Tyu. (:
Space Pony
#4 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 1:13 AM
Ooo. Perfect for just creating things for MTS. Thanks
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 7:43 PM
what a WONDERFUL idea! :O :D

Mankind is poised midway between the gods and the beasts.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 10:24 PM
Great for my favourite big lots
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 12:18 AM
I was very good with Sim City 3 and this looks like a good challenge as soon as I saw it. Lets see what I can challenge myself with it. It looks like fun! Thanks much, I appreciate it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 5:04 PM
Thank you, that's really useful!
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 7:15 PM
I was wondering how you got your CAW to not crash. I downloaded this and it's nice. Thanks! But I want to build my own worlds, and CAW always stops responding.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 6:20 AM
van Dorn:
I'm not going to make a huge how CAW works and what it takes post here, so all I'm going to say is that CAW eats a lot of recourses at your PC. Here is Create a world-forum here at MTS, you should find the answers there http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=616
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 4:36 PM
Might be a bit hard to put all necessary community lots on it.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by modfanatic
Might be a bit hard to put all necessary community lots on it.

May I point you this little mentioning at the end of my post:

""P.S.S. This world is not ment for playing. There are no spawners, rabbitholes or additional landscaping that would make it enjoyable. I mean you CAN play on it, but that's not what it's made for... ""

The world is made for builders, not players
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 10:05 AM
Thank you so much for creating this world! This is just what I was looking for, I've been using Riverview as my test neighbourhood and I have a feeling that Builder's Island will run a lot faster
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 1:40 PM
Hi armiel,
can you say me, where i can get the tunnel?
thank you
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _-jonas94-_
Hi armiel,
can you say me, where i can get the tunnel?
thank you

The tunnel is made in CAW, of two railway tunnel ends.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 2:45 PM
Thank you, I´m searching over two weeks, but i dont came on this simple idea -.-
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 3:43 AM
When I tried to load the world, there was no terrain - the land was just black. What do I do?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nicjmartin
When I tried to load the world, there was no terrain - the land was just black. What do I do?

Sometimes custom worlds, and even EA ones do that, so when you load the game, you just have to wait a little for it to load completely. How ever you can clear the caches (help can be found under Help), then load again.

If that doesn't help, there might have been an error during the install. In that case, uninstall the world in launcher, check the installed worlds folder that it's gone (if not, delete), clear the caches and then reinstall the world.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 7:13 PM
Thank you so much. This will be perfect for making movies without all the issues caused by... Everything else. Sometimes the basics are the most beautiful. :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 7:58 PM
Thank you for this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 11:42 PM
I may use this! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 11:23 PM Last edited by Envie42 : 15th Jan 2011 at 1:13 AM. Reason: found fix info - EA bugginess!
armiel, help! (I'm sorry if I should not be leaving this question / feedback here - pls point me in the right direction) -- I have been using your DIY Builder's Island to create two lots. One is a 60x60 lot with a dome. The other, a 30x30 is a house I remodeled for rflong7's "Moon Base Charlie" World. I saved a copy of her current house and put it on your island to remodel / save it. When I was finished, and re-saved / re-loaded it into rflong's world (same lot I took it from originally) - it pushed the entire lot 3 stories up on an elevated lot! I used flatten lot both before placing the lot and after to try fixing the problem, but this only causes the lot to flatten and the house to remain elevated on its foundation. If you'd like to see screenshots of what I am talking about (plus a lot more detail about what I did) - please look at my blog about it here:

http://twistedenvie.blogspot.com/20...ders-blues.html

I've started blogging in my adventures with my androsims and learning to build and use mods.

I hope there's help for this and not a terrain elevation issue with either your DIY builder island or rflong's moon world terrain conflicts. Thank you so much in advance.

EDIT: I think I have found a way to fix this - as apparently its a bug. Some of the helpful builders over on CAW board @ sims3 community forums pointed me in the right direction. Apparently something in EA coding since Ambitions is doing this. Going to try a fix now. Sorry to bug you when its not your world at all
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 1:02 AM
Thanks so much for this. This speeds everything up for building. Its like CAS for buildings! Now, to tackle some 30 story skyscraper shells...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 2:42 PM
Thanks so much, this is a great help for me.
Muchísimas gracias, tu isla es una estupenda ayuda. Estoy construyendo solares para un mundo que estoy personalizando, y uno de ellos me daba un montón de problemas, me sacaba del juego cada dos por tres, y cargar esa partida otra vez me llevaba mucho tiempo, por la gran cantidad de contenido que tiene mi mundo. Con tu isla, las cargas son muchísimo más rápidas, pero además no me ha sacado del juego todavía, con lo que a lo mejor puedo encontrar el error, quizá algunos contenidos personalizados que entran en conflicto.
Looking for new worlds, I saw you island a lot of times, but never before I thought it could be so helpful for me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 11:52 AM
omg this is AWESOME! thanks
Page 1 of 3