Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#26 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 8:26 PM
I've updated the download with what I've gotten done so far. See the OP for changes and the new list of tattoos.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 1:51 PM
I've tested it and it works very well.
Thank you for the work you have been putting into it so far.
I'm looking forward with pleasure to see the final version.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elmar2000
I've tested it and it works very well.
Thank you for the work you have been putting into it so far.
I'm looking forward with pleasure to see the final version.

Thanks! :lovestruc

All tattoos are done, unless people want full arm, torso, etc. Please see full updated notes in the OP and new downloads.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 4:48 AM
This looks absolutely awesome <3

I hope you can make it non-core someday
And does it conflict with slider hacks?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#30 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 8:20 AM
Not as far as I can tell, Myshia - I'm using it with AD85's core mod, plus twallan's slider multiplier and a load of custom sliders. The only problem I've come across so far is that it causes the game to throw up the incompatible mod warning at startup, but ignoring the warning seems to have no ill effects. This also may have been fixed as my version isn't the latest.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#31 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 7:05 AM
Hey CmarNYC
Congratulations on your first successful core mod!
That's how EA tattoos should have been, thanks a lot.

For adults everything seems to work fine.
But I have some questions/requests regarding teens.

Could you please enable the default tattoo locations (stomach, back etc.) for teens by doing identical replacements for them, because if you make tattos on adults in CAS and age them down to teens, then all standard position tattoos disappear.

Then I would like to ask how you can access tattoo-CAS for teens while playing a family.
With adults it is no problem because they can go to the cosmetic shop or beauty salon, but for teens there is no such option.

Maybe you could enable the cosmetics shop rabbit hole function "get a tattoo" for teens, so they could change their tattoos all the time.
Price should be the same like with adults: 300 simoleons.

Is it possible as a temporary emergency solution to use this mod with any complete CAS access (with ageing up and down function) mods?

Concerning the fact that you can't choose any tattoos for teens directly, but your rose tattoo you've uploaded, would it be feasible to somehow get access to the normal tattoos and transform them into a format that teens can use it or is hex editing the only alternative? I imagine it to be a painful work.

I would suggest the following steps (in order of significance):
1. default replacements for game locations
2. "get a tattoo" function for teens in the cosmetics shop
(with the beauty salon there probably would be an animation issue while getting a tattoo from a tattoist?)
3. enable all adult tattoos for teens directly (without being forced to age up and down)

If you could do this, it would be awesome. I hope it's not too much work for you.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#32 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 1:03 PM
Default replacement of the game tattoo locations is not a big deal and I can probably do that tonight.

I strongly prefer to only mod the UI component of the core, so most likely enabling tattoo-artist/beauty shop interactions for teens in-game is not going to happen. For this I recommend you get NRaas Master Controller - in the Advanced options there's an option to take the sim into CAS where you can make any changes in appearance you want. It's not a core mod and doesn't conflict with anything I know of. In fact that's what I want to do with this extended tattoo mod - turn it into a non-core option you can click on a sim in-game to take them into my own version of CAS while leaving the main CAS alone.

As for existing tattoos - I guess I could teen-enable the game tattoos also as default replacements (although IMO most of them suck), and I'm tentatively planning to update Tattooinator to let you open a custom tattoo package and enable it for different ages.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#33 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 12:22 AM
Default Enable a tattoo for teens
Here's an extremely easy way to enable a custom tattoo for teens using s3pe:
  • Open the tattoo package in s3pe.
  • Highlight the line with tag CASP. (If you don't see the name and/or tag column, check off the name and tag options circled in green.) Click the Grid button.
  • In the data grid that pops up, click the + next to AgeGender.
  • Click the pulldown button in the box that says False next to Teen. Change the False to True and click the Commit button.
  • Save the package and exit s3pe.

And that's it.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 9:01 AM
Is it difficult to enable the ambitious tattoos?

I've tried to add some custom tattoos and thanks to your tutorial its really simple and only a matter of seconds :-).
Now I will try it out in-game.

But how to open those (ambitious) tattoos without knowing where they are located?
I could try to help and do it, if you explain it to me how it is done.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#35 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 2:12 PM
But how to open those (ambitious) tattoos without knowing where they are located?
I could try to help and do it, if you explain it to me how it is done.

The Ambitions tattoo CASP files are located in C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Ambitions/GameData/Shared/Packages/FullBuild_p04.package (or if you have a 64-bit system, C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Ambitions/GameData/Shared/Packages/FullBuild_p04.package). It's very strongly recommended that you make a copy of this package and put it in a work folder somewhere else before opening it, since if you accidentally change anything in the original file your game will stop working. (Also S3PE won't open it in the Program Files folders, at least on my Win 7 system.)

Sort by name (Sort checkbox in the lower part, then click the top of the name column), and look for the files starting with 'uuTattoo'. Extract all the Tattoo CASP files - probably easiest to select all of them, click Resource, then Export, then To package. (Unfortunately this doesn't seem to retain the name - if you want to keep the name, do an Export - To file for each one, then click File and New to make a new empty package, drag and drop all the CASP files into s3pe, check off Use Resource Name, and click OK to import them.)

Then just use the method above to enable them all for teens. It's not hard, just tedious.

If you're into banging the bits : Extract the CASP files, open them in a hex editor, and scroll to the end. Look for the hex characters '70 30 01' about 12 bytes after the end of the unicode XML portion. (The readable characters that are separated by what looks like dots.) Change the '70' to '78', save, and close. (Pics are below.)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#36 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 5:32 PM
Hey, following your steps I've created the ambitions teen-tattoo enabler.
(with keeping names and without hexediting)
It seems to work fine. Maybe you could test it, too. (see upload)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ambitious teen-tattoo enabler.zip (23.8 KB, 76 downloads) - View custom content
Description: It enables ambitions tattoos in sim creation screen for teens
Mother Function
retired moderator
#37 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Not as far as I can tell, Myshia - I'm using it with AD85's core mod, plus twallan's slider multiplier and a load of custom sliders. The only problem I've come across so far is that it causes the game to throw up the incompatible mod warning at startup, but ignoring the warning seems to have no ill effects. This also may have been fixed as my version isn't the latest.

I have the same mods (AD85 + Twallan) installed and my game freaks out, like majorly. The family suddenly has like 20 copies of the same sim in the little sim tree thingy and it freezes. However, once I remove AD85's mod, then all is well.

Just a heads up.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#38 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 10:30 PM
Thanks, Dal. Not sure why it would conflict with AD85 on your system and not on Whiterider's but any use of two core mods is taking a chance.

@Elmar2000 - nice work! Just tried it in-game and it works great.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#39 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 10:40 PM
AD85's mod is highly tunable using various xml files to enable of disable the different core functions, so most likely dal and I have different sets of tuning files installed.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#40 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 2:30 PM
It seems that the new latenight patches conflict with the cmar_MoreTattoosCore file. (possibly because of the two new sliders?)
There is a warning that the game can get damaged, if started with this mod.
Would you please update this mod for latenight or tell me how to do it so I could do it?
Without the new tattoo-positions the game is not funny anymore :-)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#41 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 4:20 PM
It seems that the new latenight patches conflict with the cmar_MoreTattoosCore file. (possibly because of the two new sliders?)
There is a warning that the game can get damaged, if started with this mod.
Would you please update this mod for latenight or tell me how to do it so I could do it?
Without the new tattoo-positions the game is not funny anymore :-)

Ah yes, I am entering the wonderful world of updating a core (or script) mod! I've been busy and hadn't even realized the Late Night patch was out.

This is a core mod, so any patch MAY break it and WILL throw up that warning. In this case, I know there are changes to CAS in the patch (like the new sliders) so the 1.15 version of my mod is absolutely incompatible. I'll work on updating and get a new version out soon.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#42 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 6:43 PM
Updated for base game 1.17 and the corresponding versions of the expansions. I haven't yet tested it with Late Night installed but don't anticipate any problems. The new sliders in the patch are pretty nice, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new city setting - I may have to actually spend some time playing the game!
Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 4:03 PM
Thanks for the mod. Any chance of compatibility with awt's UI slider hack recently published for 1.17?

Fionn
Mother Function
retired moderator
#44 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 3:56 AM
While snooping around in the Nraas Master Controller tuning file, I noticed he included an option for the sims to be naked while in the tattoo screen. So, can you include a version that doesn't change them into their swimsuits? Or maybe point me into the right direction to disable that part of the code?

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 2:49 PM
@Fionn: Sorry, but both aWT's mods and mine change UI.dll, so you can't have both. Mine includes an increased number of facial sliders, and in the future I'm going to work on an optional increased slider range, so eventually this mod should have the same functions.

@daluved1: Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm planning to have an option for nude tattooing as I learn more about core modding. If you or anyone wants to fiddle with the code, look in the SetupTattooUniform method of CASTattoo. Near the beginning you'll see the line (in Reflector):

cASModel.OutfitCategory = OutfitCategories.Everyday;

In IL it's:

IL_0042: ldloc.0
IL_0043: ldc.i4.2
IL_0044: callvirt instance void Sims3.UI.CAS.ICASModel::set_OutfitCategory(valuetype [SimIFace]Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.OutfitCategories)

I changed the 2 to 16 to change the sim into swimwear instead of everyday.

IL_0043: ldc.i4.s 16
IL_0044: callvirt instance void Sims3.UI.CAS.ICASModel::set_OutfitCategory(valuetype [SimIFace]Sims3.SimIFace.CAS.OutfitCategories)

And if you change it to 1 you should get the nude outfit:

IL_0043: ldc.i4.1

You also have to prevent the change into the tattoo outfit - near the end of SetupTattooUniform you'll find (in Reflector again):

key = ResourceKey.CreateOutfitKey(str + "tattoounderwear", 0);
Followed by some code to change the sim into the tattoounderwear outfit IF that outfit is valid.

In my mod I changed "tattoounderwear" to "tattooinvalid" so the tattoo outfit won't be used. It's easy to find in the IL code. It would be more elegant to just eliminate all the code after the initial change, though.

Right now I have it all hard-coded - but I'm trying to learn how to set up xml tuning so that several things can be options, including this.
Test Subject
#46 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:40 AM
I can't seem to get this to work at all with Late Night, the game just crashes as soon as it's done playing the intro. Pretty sure im not using any conflicting mods.
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 12:17 PM
Not even sure this can be done...
Do you know if it's possible to keep the tattoos at 1024x1024 in game, especially the full body tattoos? When made at 1024x1024, they look great in CAS, but they become a lower resolution (I believe 512x512) when in game.
I'm not sure if it's the tattoos or just The Sims 3 engine in general... I believe the clothing also does this for me. Maybe you or someone else can shed some light on the issue. Thanks.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#48 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 4:14 PM
@TehSr0c: Make sure you're using the 1.17 version of the core mod component. Also double check that you're not using any other core mods, including Awesome, Extended Game Core, or anything that increases the number of facial sliders and/or the range of facial sliders.

@Drawken: I suspect the game resolution of the tattoos is probably not controlled in the modifiable parts of the code. You can check that you've got sim detail set on high in your video settings - if you notice less resolution for clothes in the game than in CAS it's possible you've got it set low. But, in general CAS uses the highest available resolution and the game cuts some corners for performance.
Test Subject
#49 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 8:53 PM
I played around with it a while, and realized the game even crashes with only the mod installed.. I'm using the latest version of Late Night. But there could be some remnants of EGC in some cache somewhere as i HAVE used it before..

Any idea where i should look?
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 10:47 PM
Hi! First off, thanks for the amazing mod :D

I had your mod before I got Late night (I have all the EP's, no SP's. Patch 5.0), and it worked fine. I had the exact same downloads and mods I have now. I got the updated version of your mod, and went into CAS...

The tattoo locations don't work anymore! For example: When I put a tattoo on the "Above breast" area, it just shows up on the chest, and if I put a tattoo on the chest area, it makes the above breast area tattoo get replaced with the tattoo on the chest. When I tried to make a face or full body tattoo, nothing showed up at all! Hope I'm making sense.

What could be causing this? Thanks so much!

Cheers! =D

lkandak
Page 2 of 7