Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Crucifixes and crosses

by Lisen801 Posted 30th Sep 2010 at 5:23 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2010 at 9:22 PM by Lisen801

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 5:35 PM
Thank you for this.
It helps make some of my sims more complete.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 5:54 PM
well im not religious but its realy a nice idee, like it, maby a crusefix that your sim can hold in his/her hand all the time?
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 11:55 PM
Oh man, one of my sims is REALLY going to like these. Also, I've been meaning to build a pipe organ, which means building a church, which will look funny without crosses.

Don't think I'll put the cross in my yard, though. That's a bit much (and kind of creepy) if you ask me.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 4:59 AM
Cool. But can you make a separate one with the crosses inverted? trololol
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DevilsAdvocate

Actually, that's called a "Saint Peter's cross" and it's not as edgy as you think. The symbolism is Saint Peter believing himself unworthy to be killed in the same manner as Christ, and to show his deference to the Lord, he asked to have his crucifix turned upside down. So wearing your little upside-down cross? Is showing the Lord he's better than you, buddy.

Go cry, emo kid, et c.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 8:00 AM
hahaah geekgirl, that's totally right!

and Lisen801 - thanks a lot for the crosses; I was looking for them yesterday! Now I can finally build a church; my world looked a bit bare without it. thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 1:49 PM
Maybe he was asking for the inverted cross because he has some Sims who also deem themselves unworthy in the eyes of Jebus?

Now I'm going to have to take up creating just so I can make some pentagrams and pentacles as well as some alchemic circles and celtic symbols to hang in my pagan sims homes.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 5:05 PM
Very nice deco stuff thanks.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 6:08 PM
That cross with Jesus on it just had me rolling with laughter, idk y. And the picture with the sims in the chruch reading.... Do the Sims even HAVE an official religion yet? This was just great! Thanks

And VERY good, Geekgirl!

Quote: Originally posted by justinandseth
Maybe he was asking for the inverted cross because he has some Sims who also deem themselves unworthy in the eyes of Jebus?

Now I'm going to have to take up creating just so I can make some pentagrams and pentacles as well as some alchemic circles and celtic symbols to hang in my pagan sims homes.

PLEASE do so. My wiccan/sorcerer Sims are *starving* for cool decor; I don't know how much more of this I can take; them going without.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by geekgirl
Actually, that's called a "Saint Peter's cross" and it's not as edgy as you think. The symbolism is Saint Peter believing himself unworthy to be killed in the same manner as Christ, and to show his deference to the Lord, he asked to have his crucifix turned upside down. So wearing your little upside-down cross? Is showing the Lord he's better than you, buddy.

Go cry, emo kid, et c.

What it meant in the past is not what it means today.
The swastika used to be a symbol of peace or sainthood. But is that what you think when you see one today?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 12:56 AM
I second further religious symbols. They add a nice touch to neighborhoods.
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 2:36 AM
Still, these are cool scenery (the corpus would be more awesome if it were a Sim body XD) and would also make an awesome addition to vampire stories and all kinds of stuff.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 3:58 AM
Awesome! I can do a nice chruch with these thank you!
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 5:02 AM
Thank you all

Quote: Originally posted by geekgirl
Still, these are cool scenery (the corpus would be more awesome if it were a Sim body XD) and would also make an awesome addition to vampire stories and all kinds of stuff.

It IS a sim body......
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 4:15 PM
They're beautiful. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DevilsAdvocate

haha I second that request!

:-)

Would be awesome for a Lavey church...
Field Researcher
#18 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 5:06 AM
These are perfect. I'm making an old missionary museum type of church for weddings (built next to a hospital that was supposedly started by missionaries), this will be perfect! Obviously sims don't really have any religion, but it adds story depth for me personally so I would definitely like to see more religious themed objects. I'd like for someone to make some Buddhist statues so that I can build some temples in China.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 4:17 PM
Another beautifull creation from you Lisen. Thank you very much. Great work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 5:47 PM
Well I thank you a lot , I wasn't looking for anything like this, but when I saw the crosses I just wanted them.
And you made me think that religion and/or spirituality is one of the most important things for human beings, so Why Sims are godless beings It would be great if on one expantion, EA adds spirituality to the world of the sims, it would make them a lot more realistic
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 7:09 PM
These are nice. Could you make tiny versions of the wall and table ones so we could use them in homes.
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 1:02 AM
One of the things I find most appealing about the Sims games is the fact that they are not religious. It makes for a much happier world I'd say.

Nice work on these crucifixes, they look great! But personally I just don't think they belong in the Sim world.

Which is why I won't be downloading this :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 3:34 PM
twiggyskold5...
Yes you are right, it's good that there is no religion in the Sims and I was very hesitant before I uploaded them. But earlier, I have uploaded a Buddha and there are construction of many churches in the Sims.
Undoubtedly, religion plays an important role in real life and this may well be appropriate to also have it in the game for those who wish.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 8:33 PM
These are great, as are candles and other items of yours I have downloaded today. One question, the long table with white cloth you have the crosses and candle displayed on, where did you get it? I want it!!! :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 11:31 PM
SarahMunn...

Thank you. That table you are asking is from the EA Store....
Page 1 of 2