Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Heart of the Forest *dress*

by sherahbim Posted 5th Oct 2010 at 8:39 PM - Updated 11th Jul 2011 at 1:32 AM by sherahbim

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
The Pathfinder
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 9:09 PM
very beautiful
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 9:15 PM
Very nice job! Thank you! I'll use this for my fairy sims!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 9:26 PM
I really love the looks and details of this dress. I hope there are some recolors soon so I don't have to decide which sim gets the Privilege of wearing this. Very very nice to look at.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 11:11 PM

What a great play on your Elven Dress (of which Almighty Hat has recoloured the heck out of)!

I really love the detail work (especially on the sleeves) and how you used a satin-style finish on the bodice. But I'm still loving the complexity of the sleeve and the thickness of the embroidery along the edges. I'd love to own such a design!

Thanks for sharing this!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 11:11 PM
Lovely! All my adult female sims will now be wearing this for fancy dress :-) It actually looks quite similar to a dress my Mum rented for a fancy dress weekend one year (our old town used to do historical themed fancy dress weekends, that year was medieval - in the Elizabethan-themed year we won best dressed family :-D)

I would also love to see some recolours, but this looks gorgeous and must've taken you ages so I can certainly appreciate having it without any more colours! :-D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 12:22 AM
I would love to see a tattered old discarded version(not sure if this is possible or not),it looks so cute though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 12:38 AM
Your work is wonderfull as always :D
Forum Resident
#9 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 12:52 AM
I love the mesh, its beautiful. but I'm not so fond of earthen colors.

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 1:08 AM
I'd like to see that one for TS3 :3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 2:13 AM
Sherabim, this is absolutely lovely. Thank you so much for making it, and for sharing it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 3:19 AM
Stunning!! Beautiful job. My Sims love you for it.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 6:44 AM
Great detail, and an impressive job. I like.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 6:46 AM
Your work is unequivocally exquisite! Are you a professional graphic artist? By the way, I'm also wondering whether you draw on details and make your fabric texture yourself with filters and what not or whether you alter elements from a photo. I usually do the shading and some of the details on my clothing recolors myself and get a fabric texture to work with from a website. Sometimes, when what I want in an outfit exceeds my skill level, I photoskin and adjust the resulting product for shading and clarity. I've ventured into meshing and so far I find it easier than skinning because the former relies more upon a process whereas the latter is more intuitive. Although I have done crafty things in the past, I seldom draw as a hobby, so perhaps that is why meshing is easier.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 12:51 PM
Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous Sherahbim! I'm a long-time silent downloader and squee-merchant with your clothes, but the detail of the embroidery and the lovely russet autumnal colours are just so absolutely beautiful! My medieval Sims will be rocking the night away Knight's Tale style in this gorgeous gown!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 2:28 PM
One of THE BEST gown I've ever seen! Thanks for sharing with us.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 10:15 PM
Your textures are always so gorgeous Sherahbim. Thank you for yet another great gown for my ladies.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 11:50 PM
Breathtaking =O

Awesome job on this! Thank you for sharing~ <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 1:09 AM
Thank you so much everyone

cheshirekat, lauratje86, and dreaming4dreams, there is a possibility i will do recolors but no guarantee. anyone ells who wants to recolor it is of course welcome to do so.

Kitty Paine, i didn't actually make the mesh, iamliz13 did, but i agree it is beautiful

slar, no i am in no way a graphics artist, haha I'm just a stay at home mom/house wife who has been skinning since the day sims 2 came out
i use photos when i make my textures, and occasionally i paint over them a little for enhancement but not often. my method is to find a bunch of pictures of clothing with the correct wrinkles i want and then i Frankenstein them together until they look the way i want for the base of the outfit, then i change the color, and then brightness and contrast if they look too washed out, that's for the base of the outfit.
for the details i look for pics of lace, embroidery, beads, ribbons....etc, then i resize them, recolor them, adjust the angle,(sharpen as needed) and cut them up, and past them together for different designs and patterns, and i drop shadows under anything that would cast one. this dresses embroidery pattern is made up of probably 20 to 30 different pieces of lace that i cut up and re-arranged together. wheew!
in short i use mostly photos and filters and very rare and occasional painting.
i have always wanted to do meshing but in the past was afraid i would screw my game up and loos my huge-normous download folder that took me years to build(yes i know about backups but it would take forever!) now since having my son i just don't think i would have the time to both mesh and skin. i wish i had learned meshing when i had the time because it always looked like fun and i would be able to make a lot of clothing i had to give up for lack of an existing mesh.

lord that was a mouth full, i hope i answered all your questions
thank you all so much again for all your sweet comments, it really dose mean a lot to me to hear that you like my creations, it makes me feel good and motivates me to make more
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 6:16 AM
This is exquisite! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 9:12 AM
thank you! this dress is gorgeous! thanks again
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 8:03 PM
It's so great to see you creating again...!!! I love your work
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 8:36 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! I'm so glad you are back making clothing- I adore your work!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 2:46 AM
I don't even play this sort of game, but MY GAWD this is so very beautifully done. Thanks so very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 3:45 PM
I don't currently had a medieval hood, but if I did, this would be my first download.
Page 1 of 3