Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Port Jones (Map Only)

by Krrank Posted 15th Oct 2010 at 2:38 PM - Updated 30th Jan 2012 at 2:48 PM by Krrank : Renaming Post

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 4:15 PM
Looks awesome! I'll have to download it try it out! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 4:37 PM
Hey, just wanted to say what an awesome job you've done on this, must've taken so much time, it looks like an official world EA would spew out.

My only issue is... how do I install the .lot files? I can't seem to figure it out, i've got the world installed (exported via CAW) but don't know what to do with the .lot files.

Thanks in advance.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gijoe
Hey, just wanted to say what an awesome job you've done on this, must've taken so much time, it looks like an official world EA would spew out.

My only issue is... how do I install the .lot files? I can't seem to figure it out, i've got the world installed (exported via CAW) but don't know what to do with the .lot files.

Thanks in advance.

to gijoe,

first...uninstall the port jones you have installed

then... in the download, there are (a) port jones.settings (b)port jones.world (c) port jones (a folder)

now... copy and paste all three of them into C:\...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds

that should do it. then load with CAW and export to your game.
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 5:09 PM
Wow this is superb! Neat work!
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 6:04 PM
Port Jones
Quote: Originally posted by mad2dend
to gijoe,

then... in the download, there are (a) port jones.settings (b)port jones.world (c) port jones (a folder)

now... copy and paste all three of them into C:\...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds

Do I need CAW in order to play Port Jones?
Roger
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GAminRoger
Do I need CAW in order to play Port Jones?
Roger

hi, i'm afraid so... because i figured it would be easier to use the 'edit in game' feature on CAW to add your houses, before finally exporting the world into the game to play. Plus I wanted to give players the freedom the edit the world if they want.

The idea was to create a detailed template for those that want to dabble in world building but don't know where to start.
you can get CAW free at thesims3.com.

Cheers.
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 6:49 PM
Default Port Jones
hi, i'm afraid so... because i figured it would be easier to use the 'edit in game' feature on CAW to add your houses, before finally exporting the world into the game to play. Plus I wanted to give players the freedom the edit the world if they want.

The idea was to create a detailed template for those that want to dabble in world building but don't know where to start.
you can get CAW free at thesims3.com.

Cheers.

mad2dendjhi...............Thanks very much for the info.
Roger
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 8:41 PM
to gijoe,

Okay i downloaded CAW and followed your insructions to install it and it shows up on the sims launcher in the export tab. I checked in the installworlds and in the worldcaches and nothing in thier. and i did export to the game but nothing is showing up. In caw the only thing that show under file is select world to export ,i did that ,then I clicked open on the port jones floder and then click open on the port jones.world and it came back complete. but it doen't show in the game.
This my first time doing this.
Please tell what i am doing wrong.
Roger
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GAminRoger
Okay i downloaded CAW and followed your insructions to install it and it shows up on the sims launcher in the export tab. I checked in the installworlds and in the worldcaches and nothing in thier. and i did export to the game but nothing is showing up. In caw the only thing that show under file is select world to export ,i did that ,then I clicked open on the port jones floder and then click open on the port jones.world and it came back complete. but it doen't show in the game.
This my first time doing this.
Please tell what i am doing wrong.
Roger

OK,
you did great. after it showed up in the exports tab...that's where you got mixed up.

first open your launcher and delete all copies of port jones first, to avoid confusion.

then follow my original instructions on how to load it into CAW, then continue with these new instructions below...you'll do fine.

1. first you load it up in CAW
2. select export to game
3. go to C:\...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Exports
4. select the port jones sims3package file and double-click it and it will install with the launcher
5. now it should be in your game.

so follow my original instructions on how to load it into CAW, then continue with theses new instructions above...you'll do fine.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 10:24 PM
Is there any reason why you can't just add the world to be installed via the launcher without CAW? I think you have needlessly complicated this world. There are many downloaders who don't have, don't want, and don't need CAW, they just want new worlds to play in and they will never edit the world in CAW. You've uploaded this in a format that probably less than 10% of downloaders want or need, maybe less given the limited number of worlds uploaded. Not that my opinion matters much, but I'd never download this as it requires installing an additional program that I don't need/shouldn't need just to get a custom world to play.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 10:46 PM
I understand your reasons for wanting to upload this as CAW files, but what is the advantage over world editing in the game? I don't have CAW installed cause I don't understand how it works, so I uninstalled it.

It's a beautiful world, sadly I can't play it, cause I don't know how to use CAW.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 11:23 PM
Do we need CAW to actually play this world, or just to install it?

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 11:45 PM
You need CAW to install it. Sorry if my wording confuse anyone, but I was stating since I don't use CAW, I can't install the world. Thus, I can't play it.
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 12:50 AM
OK,
you did great. after it showed up in the exports tab...that's where you got mixed up.

first open your launcher and delete all copies of port jones first, to avoid confusion.

then follow my original instructions on how to load it into CAW, then continue with these new instructions below...you'll do fine.

1. first you load it up in CAW
2. select export to game
3. go to C:\...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Exports
4. select the port jones sims3package file and double-click it and it will install with the launcher
5. now it should be in your game.

so follow my original instructions on how to load it into CAW, then continue with theses new instructions above...you'll do fine.

Oh thanks very much. It does show up know, Many thanks for all your Help.
Roger
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 1:05 AM
As CAW is unavailable for Mac users, I am unable to install CAW whether I want to or not (and I don't particularly want to as I did install the previous version on my old PC and didn't have much luck with it). Therefore, I do not have the ability to use this world. It's a shame as I had planned to download it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 1:19 AM
To Hugelunatic, Lewisb40, Gwennero, and others,

thank you for bringing this to my attention. i have uploaded the sims3package file, which you may simply double-click and install.

Thank you. Cheers
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 2:43 AM
Thanks so much for adding the sims3pack. Some of us (me!) are incredibly picky about what applications and downloads we choose, so now at least I can get the world that I wanted.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 6:22 AM
I downloaded and installed the basic world, but there are no buildings in the world, no houses and not even any rabbitholes. Its just an empty world. Doesnt it comes with buildings?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 6:33 AM
*applauds* Woohoo! I can now play the world and set it up with my community lots. Thanks a lot for changing it, I am idiotic when learning to use these applications.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icftldu
I downloaded and installed the basic world, but there are no buildings in the world, no houses and not even any rabbitholes. Its just an empty world. Doesnt it comes with buildings?

hi, it's a MAP ONLY world upload. If you have problem putting your lots, don't worry. A simple trick is to borrow the rabbit holes and community lots from the other default maps. Just save them to bin and place in the world. if you look at the Picture attachment on the overview tab called 'lot places", which you can also download, i have labeled the plots for you to ensure easy placement. the names of the lots are in the readme basic file.

finally, you may have to wait for the full version, if you prefer.

Sorry... :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 6:48 AM
Hi mad2dend,

Ok, sorry I didnt realise it was only a MAP world, I thought somehow I lost the buildings during installation. Thank you for clearing it up for me. I will use the default rabbitholes from the default maps then.
Instructor
#23 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 1:26 PM
I like playing around with CAW. I'm glad, you upload this world in this format, so I can modify it myself. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 1:37 PM
Is there any chance of you uploading this world with lots (not all, even) included? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selty
Is there any chance of you uploading this world with lots (not all, even) included? Thanks.

hi selty,
well, give me a few days. I'm putting something together.
Cheers.
Page 1 of 4