Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Socialite Expansion Set Part Two

by leefish Posted 14th Oct 2010 at 4:40 PM - Updated 11th Mar 2011 at 1:02 PM by leesester

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 5:10 PM
Thanks - these are going to be very useful! The original set are really nice windows but their size has always put such a limit on their useability.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 5:16 PM
Lies! I found your site a few days ago (it's lovely, btw) and since I'm the last to know anything I'm sure others know about it too.

I love these windows and the door looks fantastic, thanks for sharing your hard work here too.
Helptato
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 5:17 PM
Moar fishie windows!

Love them! =DD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 5:53 PM
THANK YOU! I admit, I've been hoping that you would make this set ever since you released your first social set (which, by the way, is the set of windows I use the most in my game). These are lovely, thank you for sharing them.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 8:23 PM
I've got your site Bookmarked too!!!! But, I didn't see this set whilst snooping through it a few weeks ago! THANK YOU for uploading it here. I'm glad to have a now completed set. :cheers
Demon Sheep
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 11:03 PM
Oh my gaaawd, Part 1 was EONS ago! It's about time, lady. And dang straight nobody knows where www.leefish.nl is.... although Flagox tells me Denmark.... which is weird.

Mmmm. Pretty windows. *pets the pretty windows*
Bowties are cool.
#8 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 11:21 PM
Ooooh, wonderful job, Lee! These windows are just luverly.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 5:42 AM
Excellent job! Thank you so much
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by larsson1970
Excellent job! Thank you so much

no problems - now I can see your avatar (and that of many other MTS folks) without that horrible feeling of guilt......

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Inventor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 9:23 AM
Those windows are really nice. They are perfect for my current building style: historic downtown look on the outside and modern style on the inside of the buildings. Thank you very much for this set of windows.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 2:37 PM
this set is amazing! thanks a lot
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 3:25 PM
Thank you very much for completing the set. These are lovely.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 7:34 AM
I want to recolor these! I really do! However, I probably have 1G of meshes already reserved for recoloring, so I doubt I'll get to my intended project any time soon. By the way, I like your dramatic paragraph introducing your download.

About not having enough traffic on your site, at least I've visited there more than once, and want to visit more in the future!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slar
I want to recolor these! I really do! However, I probably have 1G of meshes already reserved for recoloring, so I doubt I'll get to my intended project any time soon. By the way, I like your dramatic paragraph introducing your download.

Hi there, before you get started there are some nice recolours already for these windows -

maxis-match woods at MTS
and Sims2Artists (same set)
and painted wood at S2A

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Instructor
#16 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 12:29 AM
Thank you, but I think I misspoke when I used the word "recolor." I actually intended to make a grungy retexture with filthy and broken glass panes. I'm sorry for creating confusion and wasting a small amount of your time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 11:12 PM
Thank you Leesester! I use your first extensivly, and these will be a great addition. I just checked your site, and you have a lot of great objects there! Thank you for all your hard work!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slar
Thank you, but I think I misspoke when I used the word "recolor." I actually intended to make a grungy retexture with filthy and broken glass panes. I'm sorry for creating confusion and wasting a small amount of your time.

oh, I see - glass recolours - that would be cool, but difficult...these are cloned from the later Maxis EPs where windows came with an inner and outer subset, which means the glass is not recolourable (it does not have a TXTR, just a TXMT). Which is a shame, as these would look great with a grungy look.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 8:24 AM
Hi there!

First of all, I really enjoy all your creations, especially the window and door expansion sets. So thank you!

I noticed that there seems to be an incompability between this set and part 1. When I have both in my game, the big 1 tile Classical Curves window mesh seems to overwrite its Perfect Pediment counterpart - or the other way around, depending on the load order. I get both in my game, with different names and descriptions, but with the same mesh. When I took out one, the other was fine (though I had to update the thumbnails). I thought perhaps the GUIDs were the same, but I checked and that doesn't seem to be the case either, and I don't know much about creating objects so I don't know what else it might be.

I thought I'd let you know, since no one else seems to have commented on it.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 12:24 PM Last edited by leesester : 11th Mar 2011 at 1:03 PM.
Thank you for reporting - I will upload a fixed version. Sorry for any trouble. I think that with that one I didn't clone my template properly. I will fix it ASAP, thanks again for letting me know.

Edit to Add: New file uploaded, single fix file attached
Alchemist
#21 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 3:45 AM
Hi Lee Im not sure if you are aware but when the Cute Classical curves 2 tiles is placed on a diagonal it changes to be The petite perfect pediment on two tiles. Its fine on the straight though all cutesy and curvy like! And the 'real' petite perfect pediment (try saying that fast 20 times!) is fine on the diagonal so no complaints there! Though Im not complaining at all since everything you do is wonderful, just wondering if you were aware of it happening!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 7:04 PM
Thank you ! :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 8:06 AM
Thank you! That's a very useful completer set.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:07 AM
One of my absolutely favorite windows pack! Thanks, Leefish.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 3:03 AM
Thank you for providing the smaller windows. Sometimes, the larger ones just won't work in a lot build!