Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#26 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:20 PM
Mikikitty - It'll come up as a red notification box. The paparazzi are a pain to interact with when they're on the job - just keep spamming them with greet interactions and -eventually- you'll be able to talk to them, usually. They get really easily distracted during conversation though so you have to spam them nonstop or they'll go back to taking pictures and ignoring you.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 7:52 PM
My sim was accused of peeing in public (not true) and of woohooing in public (somewhat true, they did it in the theatre). In my game, the dispel interaction gives two plusses of friendship, but does nothing to the rumour itself.

All my friends friendships took a hit each time the sim was disgraced. Even winning the lawsuit did not restore the frindships lost.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 6:00 AM
Actually my Sim DID have a child out of wedlock and got publicly humiliated for it. I was actually pretty surprised and rather annoyed as well. I think EA is passing moral judgment on Sims, which is pretty silly. Who cares in this day and age about such tripe? She had a negative moodlet and a hit on her friendships. I think that was pretty dumb. I like that we have the Sims1 celebrity stuff back, but the moralizing I can do without!
Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 6:18 AM
That's a major overreaction. It's not EA passing moral judgment - it's EA simulating how the actual paparazzi/media craziness works.

As for your question of "who cares", many people do. Just because you have certain views, and even everyone you know shares those certain views, does not mean that there isn't a person out of the billions of other people on the planet, possibly with a group of friends who thinks like them, who has a different view - if not the exact opposite view. I can tell you, with absolute certainty, that there are people, of all ages, who think that having a child out of wedlock is immoral and should be looked down upon.
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 9:23 AM
My sim never get slander except one time:
my sim got a call from a friend (since he has attractive and celebrity)
the next day my sim got accused of having a fight
then i realize that "friend" is paparazzi
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Everlast66
That's a major overreaction. It's not EA passing moral judgment - it's EA simulating how the actual paparazzi/media craziness works.

As for your question of "who cares", many people do. Just because you have certain views, and even everyone you know shares those certain views, does not mean that there isn't a person out of the billions of other people on the planet, possibly with a group of friends who thinks like them, who has a different view - if not the exact opposite view. I can tell you, with absolute certainty, that there are people, of all ages, who think that having a child out of wedlock is immoral and should be looked down upon.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head there, Everlast.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnaIME
My sim was accused of peeing in public (not true) and of woohooing in public (somewhat true, they did it in the theatre). In my game, the dispel interaction gives two plusses of friendship, but does nothing to the rumour itself.

All my friends friendships took a hit each time the sim was disgraced. Even winning the lawsuit did not restore the frindships lost.

Go to city hall and sue them or got to the newspaper and bribe them. Dispel Rumor only works on the individual you are talking to.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Everlast66

As for your question of "who cares", many people do. Just because you have certain views, and even everyone you know shares those certain views, does not mean that there isn't a person out of the billions of other people on the planet, possibly with a group of friends who thinks like them, who has a different view - if not the exact opposite view.

could also add in that if people didn't care, then the paparazzi nor the tabloids would exist. if people didn't care, the tabloids wouldn't be in business and celeb photos would be as worthless as photos of any random 'regular' person
Field Researcher
#34 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrizBehr
Go to city hall and sue them or got to the newspaper and bribe them. Dispel Rumor only works on the individual you are talking to.

Does bribing the newspaper restore the lost friendships? Winning the lawsuit didn't.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 7:21 AM
One of my 5 star sims was falsely accused of being arrested and lost over 10 friends because of it. My sim is a criminal mastermind and everyone in Bridgeport knows it, so why would being arrested (which he wasn't!) even faze them in the first place? I guess it's fine with everyone to run the mob... just don't get caught. ha!

... Anybuddy know a cure for Alien withdrawl?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 5:32 PM
I have one sim that I've given up dispelling the rumors about him...

I get accused of something every couple of minutes, and if I sue and win I just get accused of something else right away. I could spend a lifetime in city hall with the moodlet manager and still not make it stop.

So I gave up and became a serial paparazzi killer. Slander me for this, dead man.
Test Subject
#37 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 6:04 PM
Are you guys talking about Sims 2 or Sims 3?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#38 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 6:15 PM
This is the Sims 3 Discussion forum, talking about Late Night, so... TS3.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#39 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 3:25 AM
Well I didn't see anything that said Sims 3
Eminence Grise
#40 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2freak26
Well I didn't see anything that said Sims 3

You can always tell where you are in the forums on this site by checking the string at the top of the page, just under the blue bar (or whatever color it is in your theme).

In this case: Mod The Sims > Community > Sims Discussion > Sims 3 Discussion > EP3: Late Night

This is a big place and it's easy to get lost, but that tip should help
Test Subject
#41 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
Slandering for having a baby out of wedlock - in 2010? Really, EA? They've always been so progressive in the Sims series and then they go and add that little piece of moral judgment? That's pretty annoying. But thanks for the heads up on being able to sue for slander.

I actually registered on this website just so I could reply to this ignorant post.

In your haste to chastise EA for what you deem a "moral judgment," you seem to have ignored the simple fact that a piece such as that would in fact be tremendous tabloid fodder IRL. EA was simply trying to make the celebrity aspect as realistic as possible.

But you're probably right, hipster. EA must have let Bill O'Reilly do some of the programming.

As a side note: I think it's hilarious that "progressives" champion freedoms (such as the freedom to have a child out of wedlock) yet stifle one's freedom of speech ("ZOMG you can't say that, someone might be offended!"). Hypocrisy, thy name is liberals.
Alchemist
#42 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 6:07 PM Last edited by calisims : 17th Dec 2010 at 6:32 PM. Reason: wrong aactress
Actually, Humpty, freedom of speech is a right guaranteed by the government allowing you to freely express your opinion without government censorship. It also allows people to speak out about how offensive they find the speech of others.
EA is not a government entity, but a for profit corporation. If they make a programming decision cut something out or add something in because they don't want offend this or that group, it's not censorship, it's trying to maintain as wide a customer base as they can.
Having a baby out of wedlock these days isn't as big of deal as it was in Ingrid Bergman's time (she was blacklisted for her out of wedlock birth), and while tabloids will report on any celebrity birth, in or out of wedlock, celebrities don't get mocked publicly or turned away from nightclubs because of it (those are consequences of scandal in Sims).
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HumptyBrah
As a side note: I think it's hilarious that "progressives" champion freedoms (such as the freedom to have a child out of wedlock) yet stifle one's freedom of speech ("ZOMG you can't say that, someone might be offended!"). Hypocrisy, thy name is liberals.

You are confusing liberal and progressive political views with morality. The two do not go together. It doesn't surprise that me that some people cannot separate politics from morality and ethics in this country but there are many people of various political ideologies who are moral and immoral. And in fact, morality is subjective and very dependent on culture rather than political party. Trust me, I know some good conservatives with children born out of wedlock or who have affairs and commit adultery and I doubt they want anyone to take away their 'freedom to do so! Really, political comments belong in the chat section of the forums. This has nothing to do with EA's programming.

To be honest, I rather like the way EA wrote this. The tabloids, including some of our tabloid news networks rarely tell the truth about anything. Just check out the supermarket aisles. And friends of superstars are not always true friends so its not surprising that one would lose friends if their reputation is smeared. Its a game and it makes things fun. Its not real life and it doesn't reflect my moral compass, but honestly, I can deal with it.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 3:40 PM
What options does a child who gets slandered have? My Sim's son got accussed of getting in a fight (he's a 3 star celeb because his father is a 5 star)...there is no option to sue at City Hall, nor the pay off Pap or deflect at the Business office.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Mad Poster
#45 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 8:35 PM
^^ ...They have the option to suck it up/get screwed? Dunno, none of my kid celebrities have had a scandal whether wrongfully accused or not
Test Subject
#46 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moryrie
My couple has a level 3 visa, and... the stalkerazzi constantly harassed them IN their home. It didn't have a fence, so I killed the bastard when he got too annoying. By FIRE! ... Then I built a wall around it and added the security gate. Hopefully that keeps them away. Or I'll be needing to go back to building vast underground lairs that require dive wells or teleportation to enter. @.@

hahaha.. i love it! you can also build a fence, click on the gate and choose lock to everybody except household.
Test Subject
#47 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 7:47 PM
Default Mine do
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
^^ ...They have the option to suck it up/get screwed? Dunno, none of my kid celebrities have had a scandal whether wrongfully accused or not
My celebrity kid sims do have scandals. Nothing like their parents scandals, though.
Instructor
#48 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 1:52 AM
I finally had to disable the celebrity system because my sim lost all of his friends after being slandered 4 times in one day. It's a shame, I was really enjoying killing the paparazzi.

Also, some of the relationship hits cracked me up. His mother is the emperor of evil, but she's going to dislike him for woohooing with an occult? And his husband (the aforementioned occult) and newborn son (also an IF) are really going to frown on these activities? Don't judge me you imaginary human burrito!
Test Subject
#49 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 6:51 AM
The celebrity system is very irritating un-modded, luckily Nraas story progression allows you to customize some aspects of the celebrity system. Such as which things you can get accused of, if accusations lead to relation loss, if you get falsely accused, etc.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 12:51 PM
My Wallace Sim was accused of having a child out of wedlock, so I had him deflect the rumor onto my Prince Sim, it worked, too.
Page 2 of 3