Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 7:54 PM
Default Can't add the new Late Night community buildings in Sunset Valley?
Okay I've tried playing in Bridgeport and I just don't like the town. I've always been partial to Sunset Valley. However I've tried adding the new community buildings that Late Night offers into Sunset Valley and every time I click to add one there is never an available lot to put them on. Does this mean I HAVE to play Bridgeport if I want to be able to go to bars and whatnot? If so I'm very disappointed in EA for making it that way >
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 7:57 PM
I never ran into that problem... not sure what you are doing
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:07 PM
I go to "Edit Town" and then go into the community lots/buildings section and I click on let's say the Plasma bar and when I do there is never anywhere for me to put it. I've tried all of the new buildings Late Night added and there is never a place to put them in Sunset Valley...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:10 PM
Because there aren't any free lots the right size? You can place new lots with the world editor tool.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:11 PM
I've added bigger lots...I don't get what the problem is here...
Inventor
#6 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:13 PM
Did you set the lot type to community on the new lots? Are they big enough?

kittens!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:02 PM
When I was trying to add stuff to Sunset Valley, I noticed that you have to set the lot to whatever the thing is that you want to put there - dive bar or dance club, for example. I had some problems like when I tried to designate the lot type, sometimes the lot wouldn't change.
And I couldn't find lots big enough for some of the things nor places to place bigger lots. Also don't know if the mod to customize lot sizes is working.
I ended up quitting without saving because I didn't have time to fool around with it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 12:03 AM
Yeah I feel stupid now. When I added the lots I forgot to set them to community....problem solved.

Thanks for the help guys. I can't believe I didn't realize that. Ugh!

Now to find a vampire :D
Forum Resident
#9 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 12:06 AM
Yeah I realized that too, and now I am beginning to think I know what's going on with that actor studio lot, it wouldn't go on a lot no matter what I changed it too, perhaps it is too big.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
Yeah I realized that too, and now I am beginning to think I know what's going on with that actor studio lot, it wouldn't go on a lot no matter what I changed it too, perhaps it is too big.

The film studio requires the largest lot size 64x64.
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 5:55 AM
I have changed the lot type and given it a size big enough and designated the lot to the building I want there and it STILL won't let me put the buildings on the lots. I'm getting so frustrated.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 6:41 AM
What type of building are you trying to place?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 3:04 PM
I have a version of Sunset Valley with the main Late Night lots that I've uploaded here which you may be interested in.
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 9:03 PM
I haven't been able to get the film studio in any other hood, what community lot setting is it meant to be on?
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 10:10 PM
I put it into a visitor allowed lot. It works perfectly.
Also, there's a film studio with a smaller lot size here at MTS.
40x40. It fits perfectly at the junkyard lot in Sunset Valley.
Banned
#16 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 10:55 PM
The type of lot does not change what you can and cannot place on it. You are probably trying to place the lot on the wrong size lot. You can see what size a lot is before placing it, you know.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 4:16 AM
I KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when you place or pick a lot you have to change it to a community lot; you can change it to any kind, and it will let you place a lot there such as a dive bar etc.
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 6:13 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 27th Dec 2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: don't share other people's content. Link to their download site.
Default Add new lot sizes
It`s easy to do it. There is a mod which gives you a possibility to add a new lot sizes. I`ve done it and it works perfectly with Late Night (I added 28 lot sizes, for ex. 45x64, 25x30, 42x57 etc) and so it gave me possibility to put all bars and clubs into Riverview.

Here is the link to the creator of this mod:
Simlogical and the Dead End Nights

If somebody doesn`t want or can`t edit xml in "package" file, just use the file I`ve attached with 28 new lot sizes:
64x32,64x24,64x16,64x8,64x4,60x60,60x30,52x29,46x42,46x32,45x64,
42x57,40x55,40x44,40x32,34x44,32x32,32x24,32x16,32x12,30x45,30x40,
25x30,20x30,20x25,15x30,10x1,10x2
Mad Poster
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 10:29 PM
I came here to suggest Inge's lot mod. I love that mod! Excellent job in modifying, Mayster-T.

Personally, the lots are too big from Bridgeport. I used the smaller community lots from here and built a few smaller bars. My sunset valley is really crowded now, even with the combined rabbitholes. Wish EA would have allowed us to make our own rabbithole combinations.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 9:28 PM
I am having the same problem, on mine. is Bridgeport another town? im confused.

Is any had any success with getting the late night community lots?

i hope someone can help me?

thanks
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 3:45 AM
I don't see any community building that says Film Career and what type of lot is it supposed to be?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KieraNichole
I don't see any community building that says Film Career and what type of lot is it supposed to be?

The Film Studio building ;-)
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:54 AM
Same thing is happened to me but after messing with it, it finally worked. I did bulldoze the lot and redo everything. Change to community and visitors allowed. Works now but now I'm gonna download that mod, for lots? B/c yeah, nothing fits! Everything is too large or default lots too small/too big (lol, I'm listening to Christmas music). :lovestruc
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 11:34 PM
Firstly, you make sure the lot is big enough then click on the arrow tool and if its residential change it to community the for example say your trying to add in a vampire lounge make sure that you change the lot type to what you shan't, for this case a vampire lounge. You can do this, when you change the lot to community there's a list below it then just choose what you want.
Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 11:24 PM
I'm having this problem where I try to add community lots (the lot sizes are the correct size and I changed them to community) but the little icon of the white park bench in the purple circle doesn't show up on my entire map. I don't get it! Help is greatly appreciated :D
Page 1 of 2