Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Noble Interiors

by sunni9676 Posted 8th Nov 2010 at 4:10 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2010 at 6:39 PM by sunni9676

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Banned
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 4:34 PM
This set looks interesting, I'll try it
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 4:49 PM
AMAZING! I love this set!!! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 5:31 PM
This is great! It makes one less thing I need to create or do. I'm finding that I need more of a variety as the "sameness" of the Gwrych textures has reached a place of mundane boredom for me! These last collection of lots need a bit more color and texture...so these are perfect...Just wish I had them when I created the Barony Castle. Not to worry, once I am finished with the lots I have a LOT of redecorating to do. So thanks for these. I shall put them in the game forthwith to use for now! I just created the final Gwrych Manor house and I need something like this to break the monotony.

BTW - Thank you for "naming" your textures instead of leaving the numbered names Homecrafter gives them... as it makes it easier to find them. I'm PMing you with a request about how you named some of the files in the collection.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 5:56 PM
I like the dark moody feel of this set - much appreciated, thank you Sunni!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 6:15 PM
These are really gorgeous! It's not often I say that about floors and walls but it's true. Thank you for sharing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 6:41 PM
StephSim - Ok, have uploaded the revised files. Again, thanks for letting me know so I will be aware of the issue when making future sets.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 7:11 PM
How did you know I was going to go in-game and do some house-building?? How did you know?!?

But these are wonderful, thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 8:04 PM
Thanks Sunni. I appreciate it! I've redownloaded them now and I look forward to your future wall/floor sets! Bring 'em on girlfriend!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 8:27 PM
Nice work !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 8:56 PM
These are just perfect! Very earthy and full of texture! Where did you get the bench w/ the pillows? It looks like a smaller version of the medieval bench that came w/Uni but I have not seen it with pillows or that small. Great creation as always thanks so much!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 9:05 PM
LynneSimsGirl - It's from Gara's Boutique (http://www.geocities.jp/garapon9/t003.html)

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 9:21 PM
These are great! THank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 10:47 PM
Once again, Sunni, you've done an OUTSTANDING JOB!!!

Thank you! These are GREAT!!!

:lovestruc
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 12:17 AM
These are frigging magnificent! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 5:34 AM
Wonderful, wonderful set. Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:57 AM
When playing The Witcher, I always wished there was some way to get those walls with the wall drapes into my Sims decorating. A double big Canadian Bear hug for these!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 8:30 AM
Beautiful set, once again thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 2:33 PM
More beauty for my simmies environment. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 8:58 PM
Wow, I love these! Thank you!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 12:17 AM
These are really awesome, thank you!
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 1:01 AM
OMG! Awesome, excellent set! Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 4:19 PM
After looking at these in the game...I had to return to say these are absolutely brilliant! Most of the textures are "perfect". REALLY!

One more thing...I'm still puzzled as to why or how you got the four part 2x2 circular medallion (The first 1st image in your first picture under the download tab) to be SEAMLESS. Usually a line runs between segmented textures that have images. I will be playing with this concept for bit today before I head out to the Rembrance Day Ceremonies! I found myself thinking about the seamless 4 piece medallion when I awoke this morning and wondered if it has to do with it being an even # texture , the fact that a "grey" line exists in the center of your texture (which is the same shade of the line that runs between textures with images that are not seamless) or if you've found a program that really matches imaged textures. Perhaps it is because you took a uniformed texture that is the same on all 4 sides and match that piece to itself (which for me means that most textures with distinct images cannot be made seamless)...I shall play with it for a bit.

For me making textures seamless is an act of pixelation. I can make bricks, textured (stone, sand, etc.) seamless without a problem. I can also keep textures with images seamless from left to right when there is an image. But when I work with floors with images or making a texture with an image multi-storied, that line haunts me. Sometimes, I can pixelate the lines away if the image is not too complex...but most of the time it will create that evil line of separation. Is there a secret?

BTW - I hope you are able to use the Gwrych lots I'm creating without the Stuff Packs (except M & G) because the Gwrych Barony Manor (which I will be uploading next) has your imprint all over it because of these magnificent walls. They are quite inspirational and I plan (at some point in time) to create a few complimentary walls/floors to dance alongside your wonderful creations. Thanks again and keep doing what you do!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 3:08 AM Last edited by sunni9676 : 12th Nov 2010 at 4:39 AM.
Hi Stephanie,

I wish I could take complete credit for these beautiful textures, but most were extracted from the witcher game. I just tweaked and modified them as needed to get them to work for the sims. The witcher has such a dark and dramatic atmosphere that translates excellently into the sims medieval theme.

As for the seamless floor, I can offer no secrets. I know what you are talking about with the seams or lines that can often appear. The line of DOOM. I have noticed that it is less apparent with darker colors or busy patterns, so that is most likely the case with this floor. It appears to be an issue with the game and I have fought against it many times. It is annoying and I hate to see it appear, but sometimes nothing I will do to a particular texture will remove it. I'll even line up the images in photoshop where they will not have a seam only to see them in game with a seam! It drives me crazy too.

I'm looking forward to more lots as I want my city to be large (my computer can handle it!). I have decided to get at least the M&G stuff pack and will be adding it soon, so I should be able to completely enjoy your new creations.

Theorist
#25 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sunni9676
I'm looking forward to more lots as I want my city to be large (my computer can handle it!). I have decided to get at least the M&G stuff pack and will be adding it soon, so I should be able to completely enjoy your new creations.
Hi Sunni

Excuse me for interupting, but I'm pretty sure that if you have M&G you won't really need any of the other Stuff Packs in order to use any lots in the Gwyrch series. There may be one or two objects from a missing Stuff Pack on a particular lot, but that will not prevent the lot from loading. Actually its likely that there's not much if any Stuff Pack content in the Gwrych lots, after all none of the packs have much to do with things medieval!

No doubt you've reallized all this already.

David
Page 1 of 2