Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Late Night - Buyable Mailbox and Trash Chute

by HugeLunatic Posted 3rd Nov 2010 at 8:05 PM - Updated 26th Jun 2012 at 3:19 PM by HugeLunatic

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 8:35 PM
Thanks SO much
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:15 PM
Love the work u do! Definately gonna use this one! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 11:03 PM
Oh wow... thank you!
hmmm wonder how hard it would be to make a standard townhouse type single home wallmounted box from this...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 11:39 PM Last edited by Fizzy9 : 4th Nov 2010 at 6:11 AM.
Sweet. I loved and always used the trash chute on all my lots in Sims2 Apartment Life and since have missed having it in Sims3. Thank you HL!

off topic: Raise Your Glass, if you are wrong, in all the right ways. ~Pink Rocks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 11:41 PM
Wow! Thank you very much, I was really looking for this!

I have just one question, can this mod be deleted safelly? I mean, let's suppose I instal it just to place the mailboxes on the lots I need. Can I delete it afterwards without confliting with anything?
I'd like to know this in case I need to delete it in the future, in case of game patches or other mods.

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 12:01 AM
Thank you so much. Any chance you can do the same with the food truck markers?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 12:20 AM
Yes you should be able to delete this without any adverse effects on lots. All this does is make the object show in the catalog.

I have no idea what the food truck markers are or what they are used for.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 12:25 AM
Thanks! Will try it out right away :D

I second the food truck markers request. They are those yellow lines, sort of a parking space, where the food truck parks and you can buy food from them. They don't show up in buy debug either, althou they seam to be clonable. You can check them out near buildings like The Grind or that green park in Bridgeport. I wanted to include some in other neighbourhoods but I did not find how.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 12:38 AM
Thank you so much! I was sick of having to copy existing lots to get the mailboxes.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 4:50 AM
I think they are talking about the food truck parking spaces. Inge has a buyable one at Simlogical.

I am happy you made the mailbox and trash chute buyable without going into BuyDebug. The ones by Jynx @ Custom Sims, I downloaded a couple of days ago, but I think I can appreciate using yours for the ease of getting them. Thank you, Lunie!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:23 AM
Love your box and chute! You're the Best!
The other one
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 6:21 AM
Thank-you so much. Will most definitely be used in my game
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 6:36 AM
The food truck parking space is at Simlogical, but apparently it only works in Bridgeport.

You can get the food truck itself there too though... and it works in other towns, but it won't move from spot to spot. Nice to have parked in your park or whatever though.

Thanks for the chute/mailbox
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 7:13 AM
Thanks for this! Although I don't have LN yet, I know I will use these when I do get them And also, when will your custom apartment be out? I'd love to see that
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 7:15 AM
Never mind, I found it =P
Veteran Finn
retired moderator THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:53 PM
These are needed, thanks Lunie :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 4:23 PM
My hero! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 8:20 PM
I'm glad you made this. Strangely, the other day a Sim of mine living in an apartment had a wish to buy one of the trash chutes. I was surprised because I didn't think you were able to buy them without using cheats!
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 5:42 PM
Hi I just thought I should let you know that I think this mod may conflict with one of the following : Master controller, story progression, careerdataschool, error trap & overwatch all by Twallen. Also NoMosaicLN and Bars opening hours (lynunja).

I was having a problem with the hotspot icons showing up in map view so I took your mod out and now they are showing up.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iorek
Hi I just thought I should let you know that I think this mod may conflict with one of the following : Master controller, story progression, careerdataschool, error trap & overwatch all by Twallen. Also NoMosaicLN and Bars opening hours (lynunja).

I was having a problem with the hotspot icons showing up in map view so I took your mod out and now they are showing up.

It doesnt.

The hotspot icons not showing due to StoryProgression's built in map icon system. You need to report that to Twallan. Until he fixes it, the map icon issue is entirely random.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 11:00 PM
iorek - I highly doubt that a catalog edit is going to conflict with any of those things you mentioned. Also, I use the NoMosaicLN and have no issues. I will talk with Twallan, but I really, seriously doubt this can conflict with his stuff.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 8:19 PM
Fantastic, now my eight member/unrelated-to-one-another household can get their mail separate. xD
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 6:23 AM Last edited by MejaMia : 9th Nov 2010 at 6:46 AM. Reason: starting over
Thanks. I am trying to get all of the info on building my own apartment building and these were two things I was missing.
BTW, I could not find a "Kitchen/Miscellaneous" but did find both items in the buydebug catalog.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#25 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 12:05 AM
Thanks a boat load, HL...you Rock!
Page 1 of 4