Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 4:03 AM
Default Adoption question
Okay, so I've never had a sim adopt a child before. I know, I know.. weird. But there's a lot I haven't done lol. I'm someone that kind of stays within their own box on gameplay. Anyway, I got an idea for a household I want to do and I am wondering something. I want to adopt children, but here's my question. Do they come with a premade first AND last name? I want them to have a different last name than the parents. I don't use mods though so if this can't be done, then no biggie. Just curious. ^_^
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 4:11 AM
First name is preset, last name is set to be the same as the sim who called for the adoption.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 4:35 AM
You can have your sim's name(s) changed to anything you wish with the Last Name Copier ( http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289073 )
It also works on first names.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 9:24 AM
Okay so they'll have the last name of the new family? That kinda sucks. Thanks for the answer though. And to Garambola, thanks for posting the link but I think I'll pass. I try to limit what I download on my computer lol.
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 10:51 AM
If you want, you can change their last name in SimPE after the adoption.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 1:40 PM
There's also an adoption hack that lets you choose gender and skin tone. I really hate the "grab-bag".
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 9:46 PM
@ Karrie 85 adopting is fun most people who adopt is because they want to give a homeless child some "care and love". In the sims game you get to pick if you want a baby, toddler or child, who need a loving sims home. :lovestruc

@ Alexandra Spears what is it with you? You seem to always worry about ones skin tone or color all the time, I have notice this on other posts. Give us a break.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@ Karrie 85 adopting is fun most people who adopt is because they want to give a homeless child some "care and love". In the sims game you get to pick if you want a baby, toddler or child, who need a loving sims home. :lovestruc

@ Alexandra Spears what is it with you? You seem to always worry about ones skin tone or color all the time, I have notice this on other posts. Give us a break.

I am merely mentioning a feature that is in the hack, if that's all right with you. I suppose whoever put that feature in the hack has a hang-up...?

You can choose, with this hack, from baby, toddler, child, or teen, choose the gender, and choose the skin tone. Merely stating a fact.

And excuse me if I want my families to look like they're related! My game, my rules!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
You can choose, with this hack, from baby, toddler, child, or teen, choose the gender, and choose the skin tone. Merely stating a fact.

And excuse me if I want my families to look like they're related! My game, my rules!

Hmm... where can I find this hack? I think I need it!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 1:04 AM
Squinge's stuff.

Right here: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7052

You can choose the hack that'll take from the adoption pool first, or choose the one that will bypass it.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 3:50 AM Last edited by Simonut : 5th Nov 2010 at 6:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I am merely mentioning a feature that is in the hack, if that's all right with you. I suppose whoever put that feature in the hack has a hang-up...?

@ Alexandra Spears you are 100% percent right about "your Game and your Rules". I have read your other posts base on skin tones and the web site you tell members to check out, which is clearly very racist. And you call yourself a "Christian" What a joke. Sorry members ( off topic ) I am finish with this rhetoric.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 2:40 PM
@Simonut, I wish to choose the skin tone of my sims because I wish to create a British neighbourhood and in Scotland where my hood is set 92% of people are white British. I am not racist, I just wish to create a realistic neighbourhood that represents the area where I live.
Instructor
#13 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 3:03 PM
@thelevitatingscot
Unless you are AlexandraSpears, I don't sea any reason why you should be offended by what something else said more than six (six!) years ago.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
My goodness. Can you not bump topics? Why is it so hard for people to look at the last post date?

Well, personally it won't stop me from sleeping tonight, there are worst things in life. Is this so hard for people to look at the dates? I don't know and I don't care, but what I do know is that it sure seem hard to lock threads to prevent this from happening. Seeing how it is despised by so many members why the heck not? That is the real question if you ask me.
Besides I am quite happy this has been revived because without this I would not be aware of that mod by Squinge and it is very interesting. Now..is this still works?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#15 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 11:50 PM
Hey, I'm glad they bumped. I just got a new mod out of the deal! I have always wanted to adopt teens. Yay me .

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 11:58 PM
We get a nice and useful new mod, and we get some nice drama. WinWin in my eyes

WowoW it's a badly hidden owo UwU Yeet skeet Idk what I'm doing
Mad Poster
#17 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 12:01 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 20th Mar 2017 at 12:16 AM.
Be sure you use this one if you have AL: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,98514.0.html
The EP3 version is outdated.

You can also customize the adoption pool by letting the social worker take away kids from a throwaway lot. There are also some mods that will let you put children up for adoption (using the social worker can create some problems). Kids taken away/put up for adoption will be chosen before randomly created ones. Not sure how this method works together with the mod, though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 12:11 AM
@thelevitatingscot do not bump old posts, this one was 7 years old.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 12:16 AM
And, this new version IS compatible with Squinge's same day adoption mod
Thank you!
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@thelevitatingscot do not bump old posts, this one was 7 years old.

After reading everyone's happiness about it being bumped?..Ok...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 1:59 AM
They still need to know it isn't the thing to do. It's okay if you are adding something that a lot of people would want to know.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#21 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 2:12 AM
@simmer22 oh good, thanks!!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#22 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 5:04 AM
I read this thread without checking the date and went "who are all these people and where did they come from?"

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#23 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Be sure you use this one if you have AL: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,98514.0.html
The EP3 version is outdated.

You can also customize the adoption pool by letting the social worker take away kids from a throwaway lot. There are also some mods that will let you put children up for adoption (using the social worker can create some problems). Kids taken away/put up for adoption will be chosen before randomly created ones. Not sure how this method works together with the mod, though.

I used a sort of throwaway lot once. Two irresponsible parents, two children, and a baby. Well the social worker showed up and I sent all of the kids to a loving couple without kids in the same neighborhood. Bad idea. The original parents kept walking by the house... I felt so bad...

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 7:06 AM
That's why you kill off the parents afterwards. Either that or make the kids in CAS, age them up to adult, plop them down on the lot and use the SimBlender to turn them back into children.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#25 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 10:22 AM
Adopting kids the vanilla way in my hood - and no disappointments, ever
Page 1 of 3