Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 10:41 PM
I completed my next Chinese male sim,
roughly based off of Rongguang Yu.

Again, the only custom part I used was the black eyes from the sexy pack,
but those could be easily substituted with the standard brown eyes/

Mr Yu himself.

Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 11:10 PM
Ooo, I like that one, I like angry looking sims! Does this one fare better as a todler than your other sim?
Field Researcher
#53 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 5:08 PM
here's one i made last night
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 5:48 PM
Hooray! My submission was approved! Everyone, go download Ling!!! ^.^
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 5:52 PM
Congrats angeliquita. My sim "Little Iyo" was as well (The gril child with the flowers in her hair in the first post)-yay, my first ever upload!!!
Instructor
#56 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 12:56 AM
You are all doing an amazing job on these sims. SlyVenom, are you going to submit yours? I'd like to have them in my game.

BlackKat13, this was a great idea, I like to have different sims in my game. I love to have a variety of people in my neighborhoods so it's more like real life.

I also agree about the swatch thing, I had a few skins that I had to delete (they had other parts on the swach) I couldn't let my kids build sims like that. I don't mind so much with my 17yr old, my 12yr old does not need to see that. I have some that say nude or realistic when you scroll over them, they were ok to keep. My son doesn't see them in the game because the censor blocks it out if he chooses that skintone.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 1:04 AM
Also relevant-my all oriental family soon to be made into townies. One of them is the little girl I recently submited to download.
Screenshots

Life's like an hourglass glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe....Just breathe....
Test Subject
#58 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 1:10 AM
blackkat i have posted on the threat from that lovely little girl i have some problems whit the skintone i think, so would you read it en maybe you can help me? sorry for my bad english thanx
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by danisja
blackkat i have posted on the threat from that lovely little girl i have some problems whit the skintone i think, so would you read it en maybe you can help me? sorry for my bad english thanx

I have replied to your post to help your problems the best I could. Hope it helps

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 1:35 AM Last edited by Angelyne : 10th Feb 2005 at 2:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
If you go to the Asian sites, the ones that are based in China and Korea and the like....those sims are all very Asian, and VERY good looking. I've found that it all really boils down to custom skintones, complete w/ fancy shading effects and remarkable details. For those Asian sims I've downloaded from these sites, once I remove their custom skins, the sims go straight to looking white, hispanic, whatever. So a successful skintone is definitely going to help LOADS. Just my opinion...

Do you have links ? I'd love to check these web sites out.

This is my first and only attempt at doing asian sims. I like the girl, but I am not as pleased about the man. Do you think they look authentic? Be truthful, I won't be offended
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackKat13
Ooo, I like that one, I like angry looking sims! Does this one fare better as a todler than your other sim?

Yes.
Although a little angry and definatley on the ugly side,
he doesn't look deformed as a toddler.

#62 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 4:51 AM
Thanks for posting these. I have Asian family members and could use some good simmies.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SlyVenom
Yes.
Although a little angry and definatley on the ugly side,
he doesn't look deformed as a toddler.

That's not so bad-But I think that sim is actually quite a handsome chinese man when grown, so I'd deal with an angry/ugly toddler

Test Subject
#64 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 8:18 AM Last edited by komischkatze : 10th Feb 2005 at 8:20 AM. Reason: typo.. ugh
Hmm... I usually don't bother making sims with a specific ethnicity in mind. I just randomize for a while until I catch a facial feature I think it would be fun to work with and then go on a little alteration frenzy. I did, however, make two Asian-specific sims early on (the first I made in body shop actually) just to see if I could use body shop to make the faces of a couple of RPG characters of a game I play. ANYway, I'm attaching pics of those two. Also, since this thread got me curious, I just made a few other quick attempts at making somewhat Asian sims. Screen caps, including profile shots (I don't worry about profiles when making sims typically because it's most often the front of their face that I see) , of all of these sims have been quickly tossed up on a plain little webpage for viewing.

http://www.caderidris.net/tig/sims/sims.html

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katt1367
...SlyVenom, are you going to submit yours? I'd like to have them in my game...

I'd like too, but first I want to finish a custom hair for the Bruce Lee based one,
and I'm having some troubles.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 5:55 PM
Some of these are beautiful!

Here's an Asian sim i'm pretty happy with. She's based on one of my bosses at work who's name is Connie, and I think I really made her look similar, though I don't have a pic of the original, so I can't let you all be the judege of that...sorry. The only custom content is the brown eyes by 4 Ever Simfantasy.

Oh, and sorry for the yucky jpg, but I couldn't make a png small enough. :P
Screenshots
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 7:29 PM
komischkatze, your sim-man is very hansome! Do you still have him in body shop so you can put him up for download?
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 10:07 PM
komischkatze, your sim-man is very hansome! Do you still have him in body shop so you can put him up for download?

Why, yeees I do have him in bodyshop as a matter of fact. I'll happily submit him for potential downloading later on this evening after I get home. Glad you like him!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 10:39 PM Last edited by BlackKat13 : 11th Feb 2005 at 10:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by komischkatze
Why, yeees I do have him in bodyshop as a matter of fact. I'll happily submit him for potential downloading later on this evening after I get home. Glad you like him!

Thank you so much! Does he have a name? I'll make him a townie and see if my latest gereation of legacy sims has a nice girl for him.

This is my most recent creation, her name is Amy, she's a girl from my school and her mother is Chinese her father is Italian the mix produced this beauty: Or the girl that I modeled her sim likeness after)

Edit: komischkatze, you think she and your sim man would make good looking children???

Instructor
#70 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 10:47 PM Last edited by idtaminger : 11th Feb 2005 at 10:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Julemanden
One of the problems with an international forum like this is that what is politically correct differs on the two sides of the Atlantic. The terms white, black, Oriental (in English as well as in other languages) and so on are fully accepted in Europe and are not in any way derogatory, but politically correct. But when using those terms, that are PC in Europe, you're often accused of being a racist by Americans who generally only know what's politically correct at home and expect everyone else to play by their rules (even though the EU has almost twice the population of the US, heh heh).

Europeans were actually the most agressive imperialists back in the day, so such terms being "PC" doesn't really reflect openness as much as being leftover terms from a highly racist period. And being Asian, I personally find "oriental" a negative word to use. Most pple from "oriental" countries, in their respective languages, refer to themselves as Asian. Oriental was a term used solely by Europeans, often in a negative context back in the day. I'm not calling it racist, per se. It just brings up bad associations. And really, bad mouthing Americans isn't necessary. Apparently, from things I've gathered, and personal experience, America is actually less racist in practice than Europe, at least where I live.

EDIT: Blackkat - Amy looks great! Where'd you get her top? That's nice too!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 11:03 PM
idtaminger-2 things, the outfit id from "Peggy sims", it is wonderful, bump-mapped even.
Also, I had specifically asked that there be no more discusion over which term was "Proper" or not-In different parts of the world, terms mean different things, so perhaps where some people is from the word is used as an insult, but where some people are from it is simply specifying what part of asia a specific asian is from. Terms are accepted differently around the world.
When arguments were going on, I asked the thread to be closed because I did not want a flame war to errupt. No more arguing in this thread. Simply critiquing skins I did not start this thread to argue and get nit-picky over terms used to descibe the skins.
On a side note, since this thread is "Asian skins" not "Oriental skins" I would love to see some non oriental asians too-How about a beautiful Russian woman, or an Indian family? (I have an lovely Indian family-the children are so cute! Perhaps next time I load the family, I will print their family portrait.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 11:04 PM
Errr...the creator of this thread asked to just limit the posts to the topic at hand.
So please, lets keep it there!
Instructor
#73 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 11:22 PM
In different parts of the world, terms mean different things, so perhaps where some people is from the word is used as an insult, but where some people are from it is simply specifying what part of asia a specific asian is from.

Negative. Not insulting. Negative. Which is why I don't like it.

But fine. I won't talk about it anymore, except to say that if you know a term might be offensive, it's not really the best thing to use it. That's all. :mute:
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 11:36 PM
Okay then-Like with Amy, I will refer to the skin by the specific nationality (Counrty, or country of origin) I am trying to achieve Is that better? However, I find no term insulting unless it is used as an insult. I have learning disabilaties, and I have no problem with the term "Retarded", it's a medical term refering to someone with a mental disabilaty. However, if someone uses it in place of stupid (Example: "Why do you need to act so retarded all the time?") then it is negative and an insult. Just no that no one hear meant insult and were using the terms they were raised with as being proper. I am from America, in in the part of "America" I am from the prefered term is Oriental, because say, a Russian for example, gets insulted that Americans have the notion that all Asians look Chinese-So oriental is just more specific, and asian usually refers to non-oriental asian nationalities where I am from. However, I would like to end the discusion of this within this thread, if you would like to discuss it further, feel free to PM me, or anyone else you may want to have the debate with.
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 12:43 AM
Thank you so much! Does he have a name? I'll make him a townie and see if my latest gereation of legacy sims has a nice girl for him.

This is my most recent creation, her name is Amy, she's a girl from my school and her mother is Chinese her father is Italian the mix produced this beauty: Or the girl that I modeled her sim likeness after)

Edit: komischkatze, you think she and your sim man would make good looking children???

Umm, I call him Ryuji Uchida (made him in my mental likeness of a friend's RPG char so he kind of came with an attached name). But I think he'd be happy even if he's renamed.

I've submitted yon sim for approval in the sims & families folder so now we wait! If for some reason he isn't approved, I can toss him up onto my web server briefly for your access.

Amy is quite a pretty sim too! They might indeed have nice children - between the two of them, there are lots of attractive features with the potential to crop up!
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Threadcromancy.
Page 3 of 7