Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval Hair-all ages Female Coif

by Cynnix Posted 9th Mar 2011 at 11:15 PM

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 11:27 PM
Thank you - this will be very useful!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 2:56 AM
Exellent! Very useful. Thanl you.

Are you by any chance making them for men too?
Banned
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 6:09 AM
Lovely, can't wait to use these thanks!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 3:24 PM
These are good! Thank you!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 5:53 PM
Very nice! Love the new mesh.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 10:17 PM
Thank you all for the kind comments

Garambolam I have them for men too and a couple of other types with different hair styles. I still need to bin the male version but I'm busy with family things for a couple of days.
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 2:35 PM
women didn't typically wear this type of headwear. Men used it to protect their heads from the helmets when the were wearing their suits of armour and it later became fashionable to wear even without the helmets. Among men, not women. saying this I realise most people don't care, and hell, I've worn it myself, but if you want to be a stickler for details...
It is beatifully done and a lovely new mesh in any case, and historical accuracy isn't really important in this game, anyways.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 4:26 PM
I respectfully disagree with Nothingness. A women's coif, otherwise known as St. Birgitta's Cap was worn during the 1100s to 1300s and according to medieval images (paintings, books of the time) it had several variations in style, one of which looks similar to Cynnix's version. In any case, I don't think we (as people of the modern era) can make exact assumptions about the specific styles that existed at the time. Artists and authors were mostly men and doubtfully kept up with every single evolution of female apparel. Also, there simply isn't enough references to exclude local variations/styles. The medieval period is broad spectrum in terms of years and locations involved. That being said this specific style was more frequently seen on toddlers/children, whereas women with longer hair often required more covering.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nothingness
women didn't typically wear this type of headwear. Men used it to protect their heads from the helmets when the were wearing their suits of armour and it later became fashionable to wear even without the helmets. Among men, not women. saying this I realise most people don't care, and hell, I've worn it myself, but if you want to be a stickler for details...
It is beatifully done and a lovely new mesh in any case, and historical accuracy isn't really important in this game, anyways.

I'm aware of this but when I showed off the male version of the hair my friend Eva asked for it as a female hair too. I was inclined to acquiesce.

They were also worn to protect very expensive hats from dirty medieval hair At any rate, thank you for the compliments on it
Quote: Originally posted by sunni9676
I respectfully disagree with Nothingness. A women's coif, otherwise known as St. Birgitta's Cap was worn during the 1100s to 1300s and according to medieval images (paintings, books of the time) it had several variations in style, one of which looks similar to Cynnix's version. In any case, I don't think we (as people of the modern era) can make exact assumptions about the specific styles that existed at the time. Artists and authors were mostly men and doubtfully kept up with every single evolution of female apparel. Also, there simply isn't enough references to exclude local variations/styles. The medieval period is broad spectrum in terms of years and locations involved.

I didn't know this, thank you Sunni!
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 8:12 AM
Just wanted to add that Sunni is absolutely correct.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 11:05 PM
I love this. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 5:07 AM
Thank you, this is great - just what I was looking for.
Scholar
#14 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 8:51 PM
I play Maxis-modern (meaning mid-to-late 1990s with sci-fi and fantasy elements...) but I'm sure I can find some use for this...there's got to be a few country girls in Riverblossom Hills who'd wear it, right?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:33 PM
If you are still playing... and meshing can you make an adaptation for sims4 I cant find anything like this anywhere.. TY!