Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hidden Skills Unhidden

by gobot101 Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 4:44 PM - Updated 26th Oct 2013 at 11:05 PM by gobot101

153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 5:48 PM
Thank you so much for making an updated version of this! The last mod I used didn't work with LN.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 9:28 PM
Ha. That's awesome. I'm going to download it. Thanks! =]
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 9:39 PM
Thank you very much this will be very useful in my game
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 10:00 PM Last edited by sunakolllx : 16th Mar 2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Addition
I really like the idea of this! But will TS3 Magic - With Custom Skill by Kolipoki conflict with this mod? I am unsure if it will conflict because it adds a skill...
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 10:28 PM
How do sims gain the "diving" skill? I thought there wasn't a diving board in the game.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babiet386
How do sims gain the "diving" skill? I thought there wasn't a diving board in the game.

i believe it has to do with dive wells, as to what, i'm not sure of.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 1:33 AM Last edited by Fizzy9 : 17th Mar 2011 at 1:45 AM.
Finally.. YAY! Thank you!

It says the diving skill is under base game and the dive wells came with WA. I believe this skill is intended for the diving board. I've seen others in the past speculate that they probably originally intended on having a diving board in the game but for some reason they haven't been able to get it working right or something like that. Which is silly cause it worked great in Sims2. I wish EA would fix that. OLS would have been a perfect time to re-introduce the diving board.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 2:05 AM
@sunakolllx I don't know if it'll conflict or not, but I will check.

About the diving skill.In the Skills XML it is listed with the other base game skills, which is why it's listed under base game here. I don't know if it's a useless skill or if diving wells effect it or not. But, even if it is currently useless, it may become a used skill in a future EP.

ETA: Looking at the magic skill in SimPE, it doesn't look like it will conflict, so it should be fine to use with this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 5:35 AM
Thank you so much. I'm so exited to use this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 5:44 AM
cool mod thx
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 7:40 AM
Some sims can dive off the side of the swimming pool. I know Ruby Broke does this. Maybe that is a skill?

Thanks for this mod. I like being able to see how far my sims have come along in hidden skills.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 7:20 AM
Great mod. Thank you... was wondering about sparring? That's one skill (like chess) I'd love to be able to see ;^)
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 4:11 PM
Seems like it doesn't work for me (Basegame only patched up to 1.19 )
I have Pescado's AM tho but judging from your screen shot, you seem to have that one too
I assume this is the reason:
Quote:
This was made with game version 7.0
I'm gonna "fiddle" with it a little more...there might be a flag that needs to be set or reset to stay base game compatible.
I'll let you know if I find something

-DG
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 6:41 PM
Hi i was just curious, does this mod show up in "mod scripts found"? thnx

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 8:25 PM
Thank you so much for this one. I really like it.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 3:40 AM
Funny quirk for any of those lifetime happiness points seekers sometimes your Sims may get a want to improve on a hidden skill with this mod. If this mod is anything like the other older one I had (don’t quote me on this) but the hidden skills with this mod count for the maxing out of 3 skills lifetime wish.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 4:16 PM
How do I find the club dancing trait?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 6:23 PM
@ejnarts1 Sparing isn't an actual skill they gain. If it is, it's not listed in the Skills XML.

@~lilly~ I don't know, I use AwesomeMod so that doesn't show up for me when I start the game.

@dominoes It's not a trait, it's a skill, just like cooking and logic are. You can gain club dancing skill on the dance floors that are in the clubs and available at home in Late Night.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 5:29 AM
this is really cool. Will it cause any damage to the save files if you have the mod in, then take it out?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 1:22 AM
It shouldn't, there was no issue like that with ElliotDX's mod, and mine and his are the exact same thing, save the fact mine is updated to work with Late Night.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 2:25 PM
Thanks i actually thought this was hidden traits unil it said skills.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leticron
Seems like it doesn't work for me (Basegame only patched up to 1.19 )
I have Pescado's AM tho but judging from your screen shot, you seem to have that one too
I assume this is the reason:
I'm gonna "fiddle" with it a little more...there might be a flag that needs to be set or reset to stay base game compatible.
I'll let you know if I find something

-DG

It doesn't work for me either so if you find something I would be really grateful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:22 PM
One question,

Works with Sims 3 Generations?
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 10:04 AM
i tried this with generations and the only other mods i had installed were windows/deco etc. and my skill list on sims said that the sims had no skills but they could still do everything they could before (skill related actions)
Page 1 of 7