Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#26 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:36 PM
My game's running beautifully, totally smooth on all high settings, and no bugs, crashes, or any issues whatsoever.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 4:49 PM
Liv Lukas & DrunkenWriter: clearly going to those particular locations are "rabbit holes"...but you can still use the Zoom when your Hero goes into other similar locations--like the Forest Outskirts or the Cave by the Graveyard...it's only when your Hero goes to the Village Shoppe that you suddenly have your perspective forced and the Zoom controls evaporate. This is either a bug or someone forgot to to include a line of of code in the program.

In spite of this, I still like Sims Medieval, although I have to add my opinion to one that was already posted elsewhere on this site and say that I miss being able to build from scratch as well as being able to rotate the camera when I'm placing furniture.
Instructor
#28 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by donnlap
it's only when your Hero goes to the Village Shoppe that you suddenly have your perspective forced and the Zoom controls evaporate. This is either a bug or someone forgot to to include a line of of code in the program.

And all the other people having/taking issues with 'The Watcher' view: If you right click the ground while in The Water view, you zoom back in. Figured this out last night. It makes things a whole lot easier
Test Subject
#29 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 6:55 PM
Default Major Bug
sooo... here's a pretty big bugger that showed up on my game today.

sucks... ive been playing this save for 20 hours...

i tried using the backup save files, but they're also bugged.

live mode, furnish mode = black everything.. except the insides of buildings.

kingdom mode = black everything.

only the ui looks okay.

any ideas?

Giblets for hire
#30 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 7:03 PM
Looks like texture data is probably corrupted, this wouldn't be your saves, I'd say try deleting your cache files in the documents TSM dir & possibly reinstalling the game. Either that or your video card is on the way out.
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 7:35 PM
Well, my game runs perfectly without any strange graphic issues and - at first - without any bugs. But now it seems that I've experienced a quest bug (or I'm too stupid to understand the quest).

I'm stuck within the doctor's quest, that one where he/she brings love to everyone. It worked fine till I decided to send my doctor to sleep (at 1 am when she was sleepy) instead of meeting that guy at the beach, where he wants to give her a message in a bottle he found. The next day he wasn't at the beach and I couldn't find a message in a bottle either... I tried to send him a letter and meet him at the beach but he refused saying that he didn't have time. And I checked everything for the quest marker but nothing...

What's wrong - is this a bug or do I miss something obvious?
Don't know what to do, any ideas?

Thanks in advance! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#32 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 9:06 PM
Regarding my previous problem... it seems i've found the solution:

While in kingdom mode, open the Quests window. Now cancel your current quest (if you have one i guess). Now leave to main menu, but don't save.

Reload your game and poof... back to normal.

I was able to recreate this twice. And the solution worked both times.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 11:10 PM
when I'm in a quest (regardless of who the hero is) when I get to the ? prompt clicking on the ? does nothing! Doesn't give me any options, nothing! It's driving me mad!

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Instructor
#34 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 11:56 PM
I'm getting a weird glitch where all my Sims will get blue eyes. Nothing was wrong when I was making my Queen & Knight Sims, but when I saved my 3rd hero Sim I made, her eyes turned blue. Then I would go back to the eye color, select a different color, then back to blue they'd go when I would save her. Then, when I was making my 4th hero, I couldn't even select a different eye color--the wheel glitched and the color didn't change from blue. I found that if I delete the cache files it will fix it for awhile, but eventually it will do the blue eye glitch. It is really annoying. I have no mods or anything, but I did unlock the pre-order items (I can't remember if this only started occurring after I did that or not). Is anyone else experiencing this?
Mad Poster
#35 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 12:32 AM
I have a glitch with the Knight quest looking for the boar. I've gotten to the point where he has to find a cave with mushrooms and I found it, but there's no action I can click on. I hate to cancel out the quest because he's not doing so good anywhere. Anyone know how to get around it?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
I have a glitch with the Knight quest looking for the boar. I've gotten to the point where he has to find a cave with mushrooms and I found it, but there's no action I can click on. I hate to cancel out the quest because he's not doing so good anywhere. Anyone know how to get around it?

That quest was giving me a hard time, too...I kept sending my knight back to the cave by the graveyard but the cave entrance would not become clickable. What finally happened for me was that I had my knight go to the graveyard while it was daytime hours and collect a bunch of wildflowers that were growing near one end of the row of headstones. Right after collecting the flowers, he THEN noticed that there were mushrooms in the area near the cave entrance (finally!!!) After he made that statement, the cave entrance became selectable and offered the option to go inside and hunt the boar.

Hope this helps.

8)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lmkrivcher
I can not add the game to the DEP exception list but I am not having any CTDs or bugs at all so no worries... I find my game running smoothly and graphics are crisp.

I had to use instructions to completely shut off my DEP, I'm not sure if outside links are allowed so I will PM it to you. But I could not add it to my exceptions list either

~*~Jekka~*~
Under Educated, Over Caffeinated
Mad Poster
#38 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 4:25 AM
donlapp, thanks but that didn't work either. So far every quest I've tried is glitched. :{
Test Subject
#39 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
My game's running beautifully, totally smooth on all high settings, and no bugs, crashes, or any issues whatsoever.

same here, after reading through most of these 'bugs' I wonder if its merely a computer issue. I installed the game on my old work computer and aside from having to play on lower settings my game kept bugging out, i had the pregnancy bug where my spy just stood their for hours. I'm pretty sure it was just my computer craping out for a second and forgetting to process the info. As I said on my actual computer, I haven't run into any issues on the highest settings.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meganracoon
same here, after reading through most of these 'bugs' I wonder if its merely a computer issue. I installed the game on my old work computer and aside from having to play on lower settings my game kept bugging out, i had the pregnancy bug where my spy just stood their for hours. I'm pretty sure it was just my computer craping out for a second and forgetting to process the info. As I said on my actual computer, I haven't run into any issues on the highest settings.

64 bit Vista, 582GB of harddrive space, 6GB of RAM, AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor 2.20 GHz

It's not the best on the market but it's not "crappy" and I'm not only one having bugs so I doubt it's because I have a computer that is crappy...

~*~Jekka~*~
Under Educated, Over Caffeinated
Giblets for hire
#41 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 6:28 AM
The only thing crappy about those specs are Vista. I'm rolling with 4GB RAM, 3GHZ Dual-Core, nVidia 8800 GT and the game runs smooth as heck with no burps here.
Test Subject
#42 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrunkenWriter
64 bit Vista, 582GB of harddrive space, 6GB of RAM, AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor 2.20 GHz

It's not the best on the market but it's not "crappy" and I'm not only one having bugs so I doubt it's because I have a computer that is crappy...

Truthfully it might be vista, I'm not saying that it's not the game, but vista is known for a world of pointless bugging out. Chances are the game is freaking out on you, and I've been lucky enough to have not hit a buggy spot.
Retired
retired moderator
#43 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 8:30 AM
I played on the my friend's computer on high settings and it ran perfectly for a couple of hours of play.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#44 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 10:53 AM
fixed my problem by saving and exiting to the menu, then reloaded, run like a dream for 6 hours until I realized it was 3am (opp's!)

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#45 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 11:18 AM
Okay, well, now I have one bug. Once I've collected the stone/vegetation from a bush/stone spot, I still get the sparkle effect happening in that (now bare) spot. I'd say as bugs go, that's probably the most minor one I can think of.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amaryllia
I'm stuck within the doctor's quest, that one where he/she brings love to everyone. It worked fine till I decided to send my doctor to sleep (at 1 am when she was sleepy) instead of meeting that guy at the beach, where he wants to give her a message in a bottle he found. The next day he wasn't at the beach and I couldn't find a message in a bottle either... I tried to send him a letter and meet him at the beach but he refused saying that he didn't have time. And I checked everything for the quest marker but nothing...

What's wrong - is this a bug or do I miss something obvious?
Don't know what to do, any ideas?

Isn't that the one where you have to click on the beach/sand to find the bottle?

I activated the boar one by just stepping on top of the mushrooms. Once he sees the mushrooms he realizes that that is the right cave. (Of course it's the only cave)
Test Subject
#47 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 5:30 PM
I've only encountered one bug so far....

my bard has a poem permanently attached to his right wrist.

Minor but irritating
Forum Resident
#48 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 6:39 PM
Well, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I just finished the tutorial when this happened...

I was able to save the game by pulling the Options menu up (F5), but I haven't reloaded the game yet. Anyone else experience this?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#49 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nvenya
Isn't that the one where you have to click on the beach/sand to find the bottle?

Yeah, I had that idea, too, but unfortunately there's no option for me (besides "Going there")... If that's the way the quest normally works, then I think I just have to abort it and do the next one.

Well well, I hope that won't happen again too soon... Because I like the game actually.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inkbottleblue
I'm getting a weird glitch where all my Sims will get blue eyes.

I'm also getting the blue eye glitch. It started happening to me only today, after having made at least 4 Sims.

I thought at first it was happening because I was trying to load Sims I'd saved in one profession while making Sims in another profession. Then I wondered if it was because of using the disableclothingfilter command. I have the nointro & nomosaic mods, as well as having enabled the testingcheats, but if you have no mods installed then I don't think that's related.

I can click elsewhere on the color wheel and the eyes change back, but as soon as I save the Sim to the bin, or just accept them without saving to the bin, the eyes snap back to blue. It's really frustrating.
Page 2 of 3