Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by s10herself
My stupid question for the day, how do you change your child's hair and clothing?

My princess is wandering around with a monk's bowl cut and a boy-like outfit. I click on the dresser but it only lets me change the clothing of other adults around me, not her, even if she is standing next to me. I thought maybe it was an interaction but all I can do is see her inventory and other regular interactions. Are we even able to change any children's outfits?

after hours of trying to figure it out, and spending even more time in the scripting searching for some lost interaction, I came out short. But I am not the best at these things, hopefully there is a way. If not its freakin' stupid that the queen's daughter is wearing peasants clothes.
Advertisement
Giblets for hire
#52 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
(maybe aspects work in reverse in the code? IE are increased when things are going bad?)
I'm wrong: there are actually two warnings in the quest selection screen, and this one is another one.
Eminence Grise
#53 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
I'm wrong: there are actually two warnings in the quest selection screen, and this one is another one.

Ahh, heh Was just about to post this to show you what I meant, but I guess you already figured it out. Shows my "Wellbeing" stat very low, though with plenty of space available, and the "Wellbeing" quest is the one with the icon. (Yes, I'm a min/maxer and went for knowledge first )

Test Subject
#54 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scribal
Thank you for the respose, HisBeachgirl. I'm doing the quest where I have to marry off my monarch. Unfortunately, the only hero I have to play is my Queen, and when I send her down to the Village Shoppe there are no wedding rings. I'm thinking, most likely, something glitched and I'll have to move onto another quest... I'll fool around a little more and then move on. Thanks for the help all the same!

You don't need to get any rings to have your Monarch get married. She (or he) just asks her suitor and she offers him a ring. Unless there is a different quest than the one where the monarch wants a baby and gets married to have one.
Forum Resident
#55 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:49 AM Last edited by Winterhart : 26th Mar 2011 at 7:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by applepie123
I think when a hero dies it's Game Over, and an Old Age Death doesn't exist in TSM, so ....

But if you exit the game without saving you get to keep your Hero and start their quest from where you last saved.

Quote: Originally posted by edejan
OK, this is the stupidest of stupid questions, but Sims is the only game I have played so I'm not sure how others work.

I have my Queen and she's doing real good. So she had money and built a barracks and I found out it needed a Knight. So I made a Knight and he is playable as well. So what happens to my Queen if I go over and play my Knight? I don't want her to totally screw up while I'm with the Knight and vice versa with him if I continue to play the Queen. I guess I'm asking, exactly how does this switching off work? Thanks!

Nothing bad will happen to your Queen while you are playing with your Knight. You won't be able to do anything with your Queen until the Knight completes his/her quest unless it's required by the Knights quest.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Why do some sims seem to have an aura or glow around them? It's sort of a white glow and if you zoom in you can see it has some little floating dots in it. No clue what it means.

So it seems that glow is actually for multiple things. I'm not certain when you get it but at some point you have the option to click on your hero sim and give them the "Chosen by the Watcher" buff which makes them glow after they are done floating in the air. Also your wizard casting Telepathy on sims give them this glow. Not sure about the priest blessing since I'm not on him at the moment.
Test Subject
#57 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fran_lecter
That's not there anymore when i click on it or the squire. It was there earlier though.

Aftera re-start of the game it reappeared. Strange.
Test Subject
#58 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 10:47 AM
And another problem. I'm playing my monarch and the quest asks for a wife and child (and heir to the throne). Now I need to "marry my suitor" (sorry, I'm playing in German so the wording might be different originally) but the option doesn't come up when I click on my soon-to-be-wife. The relationship bar is full and my concentration allright, so what's the problem?
Eminence Grise
#59 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 10:55 AM
You have to be betrothed (engaged) first.

And it works like the Sims 3: these interactions don't come up till you've done several romantic interactions and gotten to where the other sim finds you "irresistable".

Cool how weddings work, btw: I haven't tried a church wedding yet, but for agnostic sims, an angelic "officiator" flies down from the sky and does the honors. Better than TS3 weddings
Field Researcher
#60 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 2:18 PM
This feels like a "stupid" question, so this is probably the best place for it: does anyone else have Sims who have really nicely textured faces but seemingly blank bodies? I had to turn off advanced rendering because it was causing a bit of a stutter, but I thought that only affected things like SSS. Now it looks like the Sims have no body texture whatsoever.

Here's a pic to show what I mean:

Test Subject
#61 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 2:20 PM
My stupid question!

How on EARTH do you cast a spell?

I'm on the quest with the goblins, and my wizard went overseas to learn the spell. I got the step to cast a spell on the pit of doom, but when I go to the pit, it says 'you already learned that spell' if I click on the wizard and tell him to prepare it. There doesn't seem to be an option to cast it.

I went back to his house to 'prepare' the spell, but there's nothing there that helps me figure out what I'm supposed to do next.
Test Subject
#62 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 3:44 PM
Uhhh. . .Question? Im trying to make the sword of doom and only need the book. My blacksmith cant seem to find it but my monarch can, so is there any way to transfer items to different heroes?
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 4:15 PM
how do i use the inventory that says i can not sell it ?
Test Subject
#64 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 4:26 PM
Gahhh...I feel so stupid for asking this question.
I'm doing the Fisherman's Challenge Quest with the doctor and I need to find that mysterious crab. And...where exactly can I find it?
First I thought that I maybe just need to fish for some time, but I've been fishing for an hour (real life hour not Sims hour) now and nothing has turned up.

Somebody please help me.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squiz
Uhhh. . .Question? Im trying to make the sword of doom and only need the book. My blacksmith cant seem to find it but my monarch can, so is there any way to transfer items to different heroes?

If you are your monarch, you may be able to grab the book from his/her inventory and drag it to the blacksmith. I've transferred other things this way, but haven't done that particular quest, so don't know if quest items do that as well. Hope it works.
Test Subject
#66 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nyir
I'm doing the Fisherman's Challenge Quest with the doctor and I need to find that mysterious crab. And...where exactly can I find it?
Somebody please help me.

I just finished this one, you have to let your Hero get into the red with focus so they totally fail at catching a fish (mine was about mid level red). After they fail the pop up will appear that you found the mysterious lobster.
Test Subject
#67 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anadandy
I just finished this one, you have to let your Hero get into the red with focus so they totally fail at catching a fish (mine was about mid level red). After they fail the pop up will appear that you found the mysterious lobster.

THANKS A LOT!
Mad Poster
#68 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:57 PM
Thanks, Winterhart!
Test Subject
#69 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pony_girl
You don't need to get any rings to have your Monarch get married. She (or he) just asks her suitor and she offers him a ring. Unless there is a different quest than the one where the monarch wants a baby and gets married to have one.

Thanks, Pony_girl! That's the quest.
I figured it out the other day. My problem came from wanting them married inside the church (which the Queen was a member of), and then having the wedding canceled because 'someone forgot the rings' (which I couldn't buy at the village shoppes.) It was all a little odd. Ah well, they got married in the end.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by s10herself
My stupid question for the day, how do you change your child's hair and clothing?

My princess is wandering around with a monk's bowl cut and a boy-like outfit. I click on the dresser but it only lets me change the clothing of other adults around me, not her, even if she is standing next to me. I thought maybe it was an interaction but all I can do is see her inventory and other regular interactions. Are we even able to change any children's outfits?

I know what you mean......My barbs daughter has boy clothes and cornrows......There is a huge need to edit children.......Its super annoying
Field Researcher
#71 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
...Nothing bad will happen to your Queen while you are playing with your Knight. You won't be able to do anything with your Queen until the Knight completes his/her quest unless it's required by the Knights quest.

I don't know about your queen, but I noticed last night while playing a quest with my doc, that my blacksmith was sent to the stocks for unknown reasons! The doc was the ONLY one on the quest (the blacksmith was TOTALLY uninvolved!)!!! He wasn't there long tho before he was released, but it was disturbing to see my lvl. 6 hero hanging from the stocks for whatever reasons!!!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Test Subject
#72 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 10:44 PM
Default Re Cutting Edge Quest
I never expected to find the option to create the catalyst by clicking on Make Food when I used the cauldron. I did try it once before, but perhaps I didn't have the right number of mana stones in my inventory at the time... it's really not very intuitive not to be able to get a suggestion somehow about what's missing when I try to complete a quest, but the priest got hungry and there was the option right in the list of foods to make... duh.
Test Subject
#73 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vexxy
How on EARTH do you cast a spell?

I'm on the quest with the goblins, and my wizard went overseas to learn the spell. I got the step to cast a spell on the pit of doom, but when I go to the pit, it says 'you already learned that spell' if I click on the wizard and tell him to prepare it. There doesn't seem to be an option to cast it.

To cast a spell, you click on whatever you want to cast the magic on (sometimes the ground, sometimes an object, sometimes your wizard) and there should be a "cast spell" option.
Test Subject
#74 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HisBeachgirl
If you are your monarch, you may be able to grab the book from his/her inventory and drag it to the blacksmith. I've transferred other things this way, but haven't done that particular quest, so don't know if quest items do that as well. Hope it works.

Thanks for the answer but. . . that only works for forging items I have also tried larder and bookshelf, pleeeease help
Test Subject
#75 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Why do some sims seem to have an aura or glow around them? It's sort of a white glow and if you zoom in you can see it has some little floating dots in it. No clue what it means.

Quote: Originally posted by Nvenya
So it seems that glow is actually for multiple things. I'm not certain when you get it but at some point you have the option to click on your hero sim and give them the "Chosen by the Watcher" buff which makes them glow after they are done floating in the air. Also your wizard casting Telepathy on sims give them this glow. Not sure about the priest blessing since I'm not on him at the moment.

Sims also get a glow if they make a wish at the well in the town square and it comes true.
Page 3 of 7